This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your Allis Today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 7:19pm
Yes Mike it is great for moving wood. A lot of fun for me as I don’t have a farm so this is an excellent way to get at least a bit of use out of it! 😀😀
Sponsored Links

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 6:06am
Threw a chain onto two of them to pull clear of the dumpster so the garbage truck had access.

Summer fuel in a 7000, and 7020 tractors both gelled up at near zero temps. Both dragged in with chains and no room in the shop right now to thaw them out.
Phil48ACWC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Phil48ACWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 6:59am
Plow Snow

Edited by Phil48ACWC - 20 Jan 2022 at 8:25am
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil48ACWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:24am
I use the above pictured WC tractor year round for all kinds of stuff. If it doesn't plow us out, we don't get out. It has never let us down. I saved it from the scrap yard 23 years ago. Great Tractor. You people already know how great a WC is. Next snow storm, I'll make a Video.

Edited by Phil48ACWC - 20 Jan 2022 at 1:00pm
dp7000 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:28am
Really neat Phil! Would love to see it working if you ever get the chance to video.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Ed (Ont) Ed (Ont) wrote:

Yes Mike it is great for moving wood. A lot of fun for me as I don’t have a farm so this is an excellent way to get at least a bit of use out of it! 😀😀

Ed, I know the feeling. Though I do have a farm, I still try to create as much work for all my girls as I can. If I ever get my 826 hydro going that is going to cut into the 720's workload a lot. I'll keep working on the  list.
JSHIVERS View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSHIVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 12:19pm
Ah Spring.  I got the B out of my garage last weekend and fired up for a trip around the neighborhood to stretch her legs for the first time in 2022.  After setting for about 5 months, she rolled over and fired on the 2nd or 3rd try.  Very Satisfying.  And of course
its rained for the last few days, so next test run will have to wait.  Still... 
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil48ACWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 6:25am

Edited by Phil48ACWC - 31 Mar 2022 at 11:37am
John m View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 11:06am
I'm envious. The snow in my front lawn is up to the top of your wheel weights. Another month maybe I'll be there. John m
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 10:20am
That's a great looking machine Phil! Be awhile before any grass needs cutting here.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil48ACWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2022 at 11:40am
That's my son Finish Mowing several Summers ago. We don't have snow now but won't be mowing for at least 6 or 8 weeks. Thanks, I saved it from the Scrap Yard 23 years ago. Notice my designed 3 PH on a WC and an aftermarket foot brake option..

Edited by Phil48ACWC - 31 Mar 2022 at 11:50am
JSHIVERS View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSHIVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 6:36pm
Added a step from Steiner to my B last weekend.  Made life much easier to climb aboard.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 6:44pm
Well, if this is ALLIS related, I found out this evening that there is a "tang" on the rock door on an F2 Gleaner to open under "maintenance"  I assume Big smile, too-little-too-late for me now though Confused
cjarosz View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjarosz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2022 at 8:57pm

Took my 7060 out with my new do-all and finished corn ground
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 9:03pm
Used the 185 and 3pt spring tooth harrow to work over the seed bed in sweet corn patch. Then after engine and hydraulic oil change took the 170 out to plant that sweet corn pulling a JD 494
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 7:20am
Gave the 6080 the day off! It works a higher % of days than any other tractor on the farm. Did some mowing with CA-1 after a poor-mans tune-up. Then jumped on the 756 and ran the brush-hog for several hours. I know it's not Orange but enjoyed it immensely!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 6:28pm
Put the harrow away and hooked up the Woods mower to the 185. Lo and behold I can't find the PTO shaft. NWTH happened to that? @$@×$%^=
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 8:11pm
Bales two fields of rotobales. It is a tremendous feeling of relief when the latches finally loosen up and you aren't off the tractor every single bale
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 10:44pm
Found the PTO shaft for the Woods. Mowed along some fence, thistle in the pasture then attached the 3pt rake to the 185 and got hay ready to roll up. Then jumped in to the 7040 turned on the new A/C and baled up that hay.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:13am
I didn't do any work with my CA,, but I did take myself on a nice long ride on it.
Trinity45 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:37am
Got the B out and plowed sweet corn. 
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 8:18am
I was being a farmer, on the C, cultivating the sweet corn.
Then it conks out in the middle of my short garden row.
I suspect it is the carb needle, stuck again. MS TSX 154. I open the drain
on the bottom of carb and not much comes out. So after a while the
bowl fills up and I got it started and finished out of that row. Stops again.
Then in a few minutes goes again. Repeat. Got it near the barn.
Took off the carb, took it apart. Didn't see obvious problems.
Could hear the float clunking around prior to me opening it up.
The needle is "viton" tipped (prior one was steel-same problems).
 It has the wire spring clip.
Polished the seat with Q-tip/toothpaste. Cleaned it up in general. Set the float level, but not to spec, set it so the fuel level is higher, about 3/8" below gasket line. Also adjusted the floats "toe in" so they symmetrical, and more away from fuel bowl sides.
Reinstalled, did the drain test and got proper fuel flow through the darn thing.
It started and ran fine. Next day finished the cultivating.
I suppose it will work ok for he rest of this year.

Why is this a constant battle. I remember my father repeatedly having the same problem
back in the '60's,'70's. Is the MS carb. cursed?

977.3Ford View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 977.3Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 5:18pm
Made a little hay over the weekend. 6080 is on rake and tedder duty, and the 8050 runs the discbine and square baler.

Jimmy
1982 8050 Powershift
1982 6080
1992 R52 Gleaner
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2022 at 9:36pm
The 185 was busy today. Dismantled a forage box to sell the running gear and scrap the box. Pulled out some trees long overdue for storm cleanup and pulled out a B to set aside and am cleaning this area as well

My accountant is supervising
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 5:22am
Originally posted by 977.3Ford 977.3Ford wrote:

Made a little hay over the weekend. 6080 is on rake and tedder duty, and the 8050 runs the discbine and square baler.

width="1037" />

Very nice pic.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 5:26am
Yesterday I started in on my WD45.
It sits outside and hasn’t been started since 2012. I bought a nice gas tank for it several years back. I installed it, cleaned fuel line, carb, sediment bowl housing, new sediment bowl cleaned up points and all electrical connections and cleaned spark ⚡️ Plugs. Got it going good and went for a back road tractor drive.
JSHIVERS View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSHIVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 6:04pm
Gave the Woods mower on my B a test mow Sunday.  Then a quick spin around the neighborhood for the first time in several weeks.  All is right with the Allis world!
190 driver View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 190 driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 8:58pm
Bladed the driveway with the WD45.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 11:19pm
my mechanic drove my c with a 5 mower on it  , and i pulled the allcrop 66 with the wd in our local 4th of july parade
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 7:20am
The good;
Got the power washer out and washed the 185 and both 45's. They needed it! Did that to clean up the lift arm cylinder on the 185 that is leaking. Used the 6080 to load a plow I sold. Easy day for it. NF 45 drug some of the new gravel around then got weights stripped off getting ready for the pull next weekend.

The bad;
Stripped out the oil-pan drain plug on CA-1. Have a spare pan, guess I'll be changing that sometime soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
  Share Topic