This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 301 diesel water to the block only= dry head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 301 diesel water to the block only= dry head
    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 4:22pm
Got a 301 diesel puller that im wanting to run a filled head to get away from the cracking issues, question is , where would be a good  entrance for the water to the block? Im thinking about returning it from the water drain on the injection pump side, anyone do this before ? 
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 7:22pm
Using the AC water pump, use a 180-185-190 (NOT XT or 200) water pump volute to pump water into the front of the block, then drill a hole or two to get water flow into the #1 sleeve area. Drill two holes in the rear of the block below the head gasket/deck area and let hot water out there. We've used two 1/2" pipe nipples for the exist.  !/4" pipe is the block drain and will flow very little and won't move water 100% thru the block and out.. All drilling done with a bare block.
Acllss puller View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 11:42pm
I used mezerle 20 gallon pump and circulated it from front of motor to rear soft plug on the right above the starter then through an oil cooler with 5/8 fittings and electric fan to fit with a one gallon expansion tank for relief , I may still have some of it ???
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:21am
Where did you enter the front of the engine?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 4:38pm
Right front corner of block facing forward , made a plate with 3/4 “ inlet I think big water volume helped keep temps even across cylinders , I’ll check tomorrow see what I got to take pics for ya ?
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 5:49pm
That would be great , thanks
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 8:11pm
So I mane a plate to bolt over the hole that the stock water pump used     And also bolted across the entire front of the block to serve as a place to pull engine from here is a pic of it uploads
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 8:13pm
No pic but dang that makes total sence to make that plate where the pump was  
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 8:17pm
So I made a plate to bolt over the hole that the stock water pump used     And also bolted across the entire front of the block to serve as a place to pull engine from here is a pic of it uploads . Can’t seem to get pics to upload on here , text me and I’ll send some . 716-866-2114
TeamAllis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 9:34pm
I have some pictures of what we ran on our 180. Text me your number and I will send you pictures of our set up.  We are currently running a dry block now and not having any problems.  252-945-7937-Jamie
Bobo Husker View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobo Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 9:03am
I would like to see what you guys did also if that's ok. 608-604-7752

Thank you in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic