This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's the deal with ammo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the deal with ammo?
    Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:25pm
I've been getting a few vibes from this forum that ammo was getting tight. So I went to the local Walmart to check it out. Sure enough the ammo case was almost bare. Looked like the Obama years after the school house shootings. The funny thing was there was a guy at the counter that just bought a .22 rifle and they didn't have any ammo to sell him with it. I felt like telling him, " I got a few rounds, what are you willing to pay lol!". Anyway, I asked if he had any 30-06. He opened a cabinet I didn't even know was there, looked in and said no, no 30-06 at all. I then asked if he had any 6.5 Creedmoor. He looked and said yes two boxes left. I said, now you have zero, let me have them. Now I'm part of the problem.

I don't understand this rush on ammo. I could understand it before, people were afraid it was going to be banned. There is no talk about ammo or gun banning over this Corona thing that I've heard of. Do people feel like they need more ammo because they are afraid someone might try to break in and steal their stash of toilet paper?

Well, I'm not going to shoot anyone over toilet paper. I was getting kind of low, but the main reason I bought ammo today was because I thought I might not be able to get any later.  It's human nature, you always want what you think you can't have.  It's just like overtime at work. When it's abundant, no one volunteers. When it is not, everyone complains and grabs all they can get.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:40pm
but the main reason I bought ammo today was because I thought I might not be able to get any later.  It's human nature, you always want what you think you can't have.................... x 50 MILLION people !

Edited by steve(ill) - 24 Mar 2020 at 6:40pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:54pm
The City folk have been buying up a storm, weapons, munitions, even TP. There was a wild rumor that got backed up in a open mic interview in STL, guy said if the city runs out they will just go take their needs from the 'Bumpkins'. BOY is he in for a rude awakening.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:18pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:29am
I don't worry bouts the ammo, but i'm about out of peanut butter!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:56am
That's it lock the door everybody on the floor, Shammer's almost out of peanut butter!!! Oh the humanity.  Unhappy   I better hide mine now. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:22am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

How’s your pop tart with squigglies supply holding up?
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:49am
Friday I was in RK here and they had what looked to be normal stocks of Ammo. I always look at 22LR as it was finally getting low enough that I was about to restock. Guess thats out the window now eh?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:57am
Seen on the news that the Fin Feather Fur in Ashland is closed for the COVID-19
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:44pm
Wink My son has been having fun with all this,he won a .243 rifle in a local Farm Bureau fund raiser the first part of March. This gun had come through a store in the other end of county. So he did the paper work and you wait 10 days Wink so your over being mad at who you were going to shot when you first go to the store. Wink Cause none of you buy a gun unless your mad at somebody LOL right.

By the time the 10 days had come we had the lock down,but store still open. Got there and only letting 2 customers at a time(it is a small space). Well the other customer was a mother/daughter looking at hand guns. They were fully masked and rubber gloved. Said was real hard to not start laughing as they tried to work the slide with the gloves and all.And of course they had never held a gun let alone fired on.

But this free stuff is getting expense. Had to buy a scope and loading dies as no 243's around till now.The stores are picked over but still had ammo for most. But this store is not known to be cheap.LOL 
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:45pm

NOW THAT, IN MY MIND IS A NATIONAL EMERGANCY!!!!!!!!!!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:34pm

I wasn't worried about it either, until I found out I couldn't get any. Now as for peanut butter, I eat a lot of it. I probably should be more worried about that.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:40pm
Thieves have stepped up their game here,---hittin sheds and houses! ---Cops wont help us against them----SOOO I guess time to deal with the problem neighborhood style-----WTF??---- Backhoe just went roarin by!---HMMMM Nuff said!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:46pm
Just my opinion, but dam you guys in Illinois got alot of trouble with theft,, Is the druggies ?

Edited by DougG - 25 Mar 2020 at 7:47pm
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:49pm
People who have never owned a gun are going out and buying one for protection plus a lot of ammo. They better learn how to use them and also how to keep them secure from being stolen. I was planning on buying another one (you can't have too many, just like orange tractors) but I will put it on hold for a while. Some municipalities around here are telling the gun shops to close because they are not an "essential" business. WTH? I better go stock up just in case.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
studer automotive View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studer automotive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:47am
Yes , I was there last Tuesday and people were buying ammo & guns frantically. One guy had a shopping cart overflowing and a box of 1000 rds under each arm. I got 100 round of 9mm and 200 Rds of 223 and a few boxes for the 12 ga. Can’t see why that wouldn’t be enough.....
a-c 185-d y/r cab turbo soon
99 f-250 7.3 4x4
86 mustang5.0 owned since 8/93              
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:38am
The shopping cart guy is probably going to be selling to the criminal element. He'll probably get shot himself for them.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:33am
Druggies are the major problem and the fact that the deadbeat people from town wont work and they are gonna get money from somewhere! ---Damn scrapyards need to be shut down too. that would slow down some of it ---no way to steal, sell, get fast cash if they were shut down!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 11:57am
Wink Everybody needs a sign  DUE TO AMMUNITION SHORTAGE NO WARING SHOOT WE BE FIRED out on the front gate or driveway.LOL

My thought when this stay home started, where are the low life's going to steal from with people home. WinkThey will have to step up their game to home invasion with everybody home.LOL  So be aware out in the country.

The not getting payed on the spot for scrape has helped the problem out here with the theft of copper and antique treasures. You need to show ID and a address of where the check is to mailed to you in 10 days on anything more than $20. Unless it it is cans and bottles that the state charges you a FEE up front.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 12:12pm
RAY!!---LOVE that idea!! lol!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic