This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Those poor people!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Those poor people!
    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:25pm
I was in town today and all of the streets are wet, slushy and salty.  I was at a stop light and there were six trucks and cars in front of me.  They were all BLACK, but looked white!!!  I bet none of them buy black again!!LOLLOLLOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:33pm
Some people don't care
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:08pm
that's from all the salt they put on the roads so all the idiots can drive like it's summertime.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:45pm
Summer whites. Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:47pm
You'd be surprised how many morons out there always buy black vehicles Thumbs Down  Of course they're always complaining every time it gets dirty or they jump in to go somewhere after it has been sitting in the sun for a couple hours Wacko  If people had common sense the dealers in the south would not be able to sell a black vehicle, but just go to Florida and see how many are out there Confused
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

You'd be surprised how many morons out there always buy black vehicles Thumbs Down  Of course they're always complaining every time it gets dirty or they jump in to go somewhere after it has been sitting in the sun for a couple hours Wacko  If people had common sense the dealers in the south would not be able to sell a black vehicle, but just go to Florida and see how many are out there Confused

There have been quite extensive studies on people and their vehicle color preference and what it says about them.  That don't really work on me though, I've never not bought a vehicle because of the color, now I may have complained to the salesman said he'd have to knock off a few dollars for the ugly color, (actually every one but who's counting).
Maximum use of available resources!
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 10:25pm
Couldn’t help but laugh when I read this post. I just bought a 2017 F350 and specifically wanted it in black. Bought it off one my customers but was looking a brand new one also in black. Yes I will probably be one of those people this summer complaining ( but it does have air conditioned seats, lol) but the reason I wanted black is in my opinion it ages well. I had a black F550 that was a well used work truck with a flatbed and it was an 06 with 240000 miles and when I washed it with its scratches and all everyone would try to buy it off of me so finally I sold it to one of my customers and it’s unreal how washing it and keeping it clean makes it catch you eye. In a sea of white work trucks the black ones stick out to me.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 10:28pm
our last burb we bought is that pearl color, it don't show the nasty as much, from a distance it looks clean. the stockholders all have black vehicles, makes me wonder if they own stock in carwashes? I laugh in the summer when the city bots that live west of us come home with a fresh car washed black vehicle, they turn on the gravel road to go home and drive about 5 MPH, then they meet another vehicle going 40-50 MPH and flog theirs with road dust! LOL all my trucks are white and don't show the dirt and salt as bad at a distance either, my one burb is dark blue and looks dirty all the time. my other burb is a tan color and looks clean all the time too.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:21am
Black is the easiest colour to match when repairing 'booboos'. Funky golds, silvers , pearly whites are impossible to match, even when blending in. Water based is tricky to get 'right' as well.
Up here 'they' charge MORE for every colour but black,maybe white.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Andy E View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:21am
I’ll stick with red . Have a 96 F350. 233500 miles Has the 7.3 people ask all the time WANT TO SELL IT?   They just want the 7.3
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:25am
White is the most forgiving when it comes to not so great body work, black is the least.

Edited by chaskaduo - 21 Jan 2020 at 8:26am
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:41pm
Doesn't matter up here in the country,  they are white in the winter and brown in the summer, dirt roads.  UNLESS,,,,,,,,,you come upon one of those spots where there are a bunch of college girls, almost neked, trying to earn monies for something, doing a car wash.  I go around the block and get back in line and tell em "you missed a spot".  They do the whole truck over agin!!  WHAT a sight....gals in short shorts and WET T-shirts.....eat your hand,,,,,,er heart out Joe.!!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that after the girls, you actually see what color you bought!!

Edited by Ted J - 22 Jan 2020 at 4:42pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 5:05pm
Just remember to keep both hands on the steering wheel, else the only colors your gonna see are red, blues, and then gray steel.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:25pm
Ted's a PERVERT! (I like that ina guy)!
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:21pm
The best i ever had is Pewter on a Chevy pickup. Never washed and always looked the same.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 1:53pm
All of mine are white cept the explores and They call it gold color. ---Don't show the dirt much but the damn salt is murder on it.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic