This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computer woes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer woes
    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:05pm
Hey guys. Sorry for the long absence. My computer is non existent and im force to use the smart phone to get on this site. We've been in a long term battle with the local phone compzny for about 20 years to provide us with some kind of useable internet to no avail. Our internet will only support one device at a time. So when the nurse is playing her video games no research can be done while she has that dang kindle going. I hid it once i was so mad, but the ball bat convinced me to reveal where it was.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:42pm

WELL    HELLO there LES,,,and WELCOME BACK ,,,,,Dear Friend,,!!!! I figured it was something big to keep you from your friends,,,,ClapClap You're too good of a shade tree yourself to keep you workin on them trks ,,,,cause you still gots the nights to "Chat" with us ClapClap
 I can tell you that internet via phone lines is from pizz poor to not much good cause you wind up with sitiations like you gots now. why'nt you look into cell phone service with internet service thru them,,???
  Anyway,,GOOD to finally hear from youse,,,,,ClapClapClap
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:16am
Les, have you tried any of the satnet companies?  Good to hear from you, in any case...Thumbs Up
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:24am
Hi Less.  I gots the same ole worthless internet service here via the phone line.    It sucks since I cannot get a shot to any other provider from my location out here in the sticks.

Anyhow, you might or surely have looked into whether you can use a hot spot on your cell phone to get your computer on the internet.  Confused  That works fine for the wife and her tablet.

I struggle with the phone line and w fi since I cannot figer out how to get the desk top hooked to a hot spot.

Sigh, I thought that the last president promised all the folks living out in the sticks high speed internet.  LOL  anyhoo, good to hear from you.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 6:03am
See if you can download 'computer based' versions of whatever 'online' games she plays. Wife here plays some kind of online solitaire and between the popads ,IN the game, and the slow speed of the game ,it chews up time. I don't care as we have cable but still, it's stil not 'right'.

sat  might be an option ? yeah pricey.... heck, maybe a 2nd landline ? his and hers ??

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:44am

Les

Have you tried any of these.

https://broadbandnow.com/Iowa/Carson
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Sure good to have you back. Wink Shameless was starting to say bad things,about the hoses he "borrowed" from you yard when you where not looking. But he has built the new "hospitality center" to intertane all his friends. So go visit and use his net connection.LOLLOLLOL

Wink  Cause Joe probably has Ford hid out back he needs help fixing.LOL
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:10pm
Les,  My friend uses his Verizon cell phone for the net.  He just got the plan that was no limit data.  If you can get cell coverage this may be the way to go.  I know using one PC and one phone at the same time worked great.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:47pm
Les,
 Glad your back even if you had to walk to the neighbors and use there computer!:)
How is that family WD?
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 3:08pm
I have a 10"X18" screen for my desktop and would hate to try and see details or type on a cell phone screen, even with reading (X 3-4 glasses).

Edited by chaskaduo - 20 Jan 2020 at 3:09pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 10:54pm
i'm using verizons internet right now...is hooked into the smart phone of the old lady's...oooops….I mean the loving wife!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:54am

We are fortunate here in havin an ISP that is forward lookin enough to upgrade their equipment and  service and my area was first to receive the fiber internet @ 50 MBPS download and 2.0 MBPS upload,,,it is freakin fast for downloading big files or music,,,ClapClap
 I sure feel for customers that have to struggle with ISP's and slow internet,,,,
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:32am
I felt bad for you having to go thru all that Win 10 bull a while back. Ermm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:08am

Yeah,,Chask,,,,I still cringe when Micro Soft announces yet another "upgrade" because of my PC just does NOT like their upgrades,,!!
 I wish the guvment would make the penalties big enough when they catch up with the hackers of the world,,,,BUT,,,instead they promote them and give them cushy jobs WITH the guvment to try and keep them honest citizens,,,,but who knows what they are doing after hours in their hidey holes,,,???
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:28am
Welcome back, Les! Thought you might have gotten po'ed at some of us and just wasn't going to have anything to do with us anymore. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:53am
I find it hard to navigate  using my phone, so I use the PC
 I used to have Wild Blue IS that was set up when I had DISH. I dropped it years ago and got hooked up with a local provider that has a tower less than a mile and a half from my front porch. The bad part is, they have added customers over the years and haven't upgraded equipment to match the load evidently. There are times when my download speed matches my upload speed at about 0.3 MBPS Angry
 Sometimes it's an hour or 2, sometimes it might be 3 days in a row like that. When I call to complain, they make excuses or try to blame it on my equipment. It's never their fault!Unhappy
 My only other option is satellite, and from what I have read, I would have about the same thing I have now, only lose connection in bad weather and have to pay more.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:30am
Les we are east of you a little ways. Had the same thing with the phone company. High speed is on the phone line it is available 1/2 mile west of us at our neighbors house. Funny he has worked for the phone company for the past 20 years. For some reason they can't get it 1/2 mile down the hill. We used the cell phone for a while. Then the old gal signed up for Hughes net. It works great here. She has plenty of service in her Honey Processing building, something she never had before. It also works great in the house.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 21 Jan 2020 at 11:32am
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Then the old gal signed up for Hughes net. It works great here. She has plenty of service in her Honey Processing building, something she never had before. It also works great in the house.

My neighbor had Hughes net when I had Wild Blue. He said it wasn't worth a hoot, but that was several years ago, before they did their upgrade. I kinda wondered if it was any good now, or what it might be like when they overload their system again like they did back before the upgrade.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 5:21pm
Les I just came across this on FB

It worked great for me.  I may be changing in the near future.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
Can I sue em for false advertising John?  We can get the phone line, but it'll cost you both your arms, legs and gonads.  Spectrum says it's here, but NOT...Can I sue em?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:15pm
Go for it Ted J, I keep getting their ads too but their not in our area, we have Armstrong
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 9:19pm
Well if that don't beat all???  Les was on here for 10 minutes and hasn't been heard from since!  I'm gonna have to call him tomorrow and see what's up!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic