This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody ever bought or made?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody ever bought or made?
    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

You CAN buy new surplus:
Problem with them Dave is the shipping!  Cost's more than what ever it is you buy.

Says fourteen bucks to my zipcode... but when I buy things from S-S, I usually get several things, and have the shipping costs spread over the whole lot.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 10:50pm
I have one on my drain cleaning snake - large unit with a 5/8 cable and 100' length , something you don't want to have get away on you . 
 Square D switch - should be able to find at any electrical supply house . Spring loaded OFF push down to power .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

You CAN buy new surplus:
Problem with them Dave is the shipping!  Cost's more than what ever it is you buy.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:50am
Nope, but I did make one with a thermal couple in line to use on my gas log blower.  I also made one with a dimmer in the cord and a power strip on the end for the lites in all the little buildings in the Xmas village.  So I figure I could come up with something.  Changing the end on a sewing machine foot pedal cord would seem to be the easiest and least expensive if you got one layin around!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 7:18am
I don't build them.  I buy used surplus industrial footswitches.... heavy steel or cast iron ones, with industrial switch contacts, clean them up, wire 'em, and call 'em good.

You CAN buy new surplus:
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

I don't get it....my router has switch in one handle so you always have 2 hands on it. What am I missing?
Are you talking metal not wood? Would make more sense.

It’s mounted under a table I made. It’s a long reach.
In planning on using an end mill in another and milling aluminum in a jig. They recommend a foot pedal.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:06pm
I don't get it....my router has switch in one handle so you always have 2 hands on it. What am I missing?
Are you talking metal not wood? Would make more sense.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 19 Jan 2020 at 12:08pm
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:30am
I put a press and hold foot one on my drill press.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 6:54am
Check the amperage of yoor router before you buy one. The first 2 Ted has listed are only good for 1.5 amps. The 3rd one says up to 1/2 HP motor. The Harbor Freight one says 15 amp.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 6:27am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 6:23am
Originally posted by mikedes mikedes wrote:

I use one on my router and tied it to an outlet that has both the vacuum and the router plugged into so both go on and off together 
Mike d

Heck of an idea. 👍 I’m gonna do the same.
mikedes View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 1:48am
I use one on my router and tied it to an outlet that has both the vacuum and the router plugged into so both go on and off together 
Mike d
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:14pm
I have a momentary one on my drill press! Nice big 'pedal'! Love it! Problem is I got it at Sears...

Edited by omahagreg - 18 Jan 2020 at 8:14pm
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:12pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 6:53pm
I used a sewing machine to control a light bulb. It worked fine. You could probably find one at a recycle place for next to nothing and give it a try.
Jack of all trades, master of none
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:35pm
Dayton motors makes several, but a lot more $ than the HF ones...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
Steve  Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:30pm
Elliot, it said it is a momentary switch so I looked at Harbor Freight and they make BOTH.. One is hold down for power, let up to stop... There is also a toggle version that looks just like that one that is once down ON, push again and its OFF............. GOOD TO KNOW !

Edited by steve(ill) - 18 Jan 2020 at 4:31pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 2:38pm
Maybe a trip to HF coming up.
Just curious but could one from a sewing machine control the speed of a variable speed router?
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:41pm
The Harbor Freight one toggles, step once and on, step on again for off.

Edited by chaskaduo - 18 Jan 2020 at 1:42pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:37pm
YEP.... that's what you want, one that STOPS when you lift your foot... Not one that toggles.  The one from harbor Freight is probably cheaper than building one.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:33pm
I picked one up at Harbor Freight with the 20% off copon for my meat grinder a few years ago. Has worked fine for me, rated for 15 amps. $13.99 minus 20% is $11.19, flat rate ship if needed is $6.99.

Edited by chaskaduo - 18 Jan 2020 at 1:36pm
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:29pm

Make one:

a bit of wood, a hinge, and an old 'foot operated' starter button.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:37pm
I will check Cabellas next time I’m there. Does it have male /female ends like an extension cord?
Thanks
orange200 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:30pm
We have a foot switch on our meat grinder.  Works well.  They can be bought at Cabelas or LEM Products.  I think they are about $40.  I am sure that they can be bought other places too.  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:04pm
A power cord with a foot pedal. I’m going to be doing some light machining with a router. I’d like to keep both hands on it and have foot control. Also I built a long router table for work and it would be handy for that as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic