This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

majic paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: majic paint
    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:53pm
What do guys think about majic paint.I watched a video of it used on a small ford tractor and I have to say it did look pretty good afterwards.
Has any one used this majic paint!!!!! Thoughts!!!
Sponsored Links

HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 6:06pm
You're probably going to hear people say it's bad, but if  the directs are followed to the T, it works pretty well.

When people don't surface prep, don't use the hardener and ignore the 24 hour recoat times, there are problems.
1951 B
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 9:37pm
It's definitely better than aerosol cans, however, high quality paint is not cheap. You will get what you pay for.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
levipatch View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levipatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:44am
I have used it a lot. Its tough but fades fairly fast.
Billy..Big cam 300, bcam 400,,941 CAT.,,Deere excavator..900 row crop.. 66 D 17 diesel IV... 985 Pratt and Whitney..4360 Pratt and Whitney... gitten tired !
clarkscreek View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkscreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 10:34am
Adhesion is great and lays down smooth whether brushed or sprayed. However it sun faded pretty fast.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:36am
Never heard of them but..
from their tractor  spray can page...
Made with 100% vegetable oil and renewable material, including 100% U.S. grown
soybeans and is non-toxic when dry.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Never heard of them but..
from their tractor  spray can page...
Made with 100% vegetable oil and renewable material, including 100% U.S. grown
soybeans and is non-toxic when dry.
Great!  So now, the mice will munch on your wires, then go lick your paint for desert!!LOL
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 7:13pm
I did a test a few years ago by applying two different paints to a piece of steel and leaving it outside. Been going for 4 years now. The color was red, and the brands were Majic and Corotile Industries (alkyd enamel as well), both with hardener. The Majic faded to pink within a year but the Corotile paint is still a nice red. 
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 7:31pm
Big Fader!!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm
The only time my B is outside is when I am using it. That being said, I haven’t had any fade. It can be clear-coated too which would help with durability and fade....but I didn’t do that.
1951 B
OldAC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 8:58pm
I've used it.  I personally think Valspar or Van Sickle is much better. 
Kevin210 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:41pm
My 210 doesn't sit out any and it doesn't get used much either since I use to pull it a lot.I have the motor off right now and am replacing it with a 3700 MK II motor and want to paint it while it's apart.
I'm not a painter by any stretch of the imagination but have some friends that do a lot of painting and can help me.
Of course everything looks good right after it's been painted but I haven't seen anything after some time that was painted with majic paint.
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:04pm
I had good luck with Van Sickle but last time I looked for On Line vendor I did not see anything. Orschelin stores have all closed up here, they used to carry it. Never thought my painting skills were good enough for the more expensive stuff.
My tractor stays inside so has not faded much in 10 years or so. I did a trailer and plow and they faded more since they sit out.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic