This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

National Farm Machinery Show Louisville

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National Farm Machinery Show Louisville
    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 7:03pm
What recommendations does anyone have? Anyone been or plan to go? Was looking at hotels and the closest is .5 mile away is it worth it to pay more to stay close or get outside Louisville and stay cheaper? Show is February and wondering how good driving in bad weather around Louisville is? Overall looking for suggestions and comments, thanks
Sponsored Links

cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 7:02am
I would go 3-5 miles south on I65 for a hotel.
When I work track meets, that's were they put us at.
15 mins or so to the fair grounds.
On snow/roads, you would be 1/2 mile off I65 and the fair grounds are 1/2 mile off I65.
Be ready to walk.
I like to go behind Broadbent and watch the pulling tractors line up.
In all the years I have went, I only timed it right 2 times to see that.
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 7:22am
I think about 25 yrs we went and I missed one in hospital. I had 11 seats on the finish end rows g,h,i sec 305 best I remember. We stayed everywhere but east on 64 with the way you will be coming in would be best. The last 6 or 7 years we went we took a camper and stayed in the parking lot. The best is camper, went in early and came back to the camper about 11:00am am and went back about 3:00 pm when it thinned a little. Weather? Expect anything from ice,sun snow rain, 10°to60° f . I haven't been in about 5 years and really don't miss it that much. For me Its too crowded or I'm just getting to old. As any big event carry a big sack full of patience with you and you will be fine. For a farm show I like Sunbelt in moultre ga and the farm science review in Ohio a little better. If you never been its worth the trip, and tell everyone Scott said hey!!!
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:40pm
friend of mine is setting up his booth today for the farm show in Lincoln NE. I've never been to the one in Louisville.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:07pm
I went to the Louisville show about 12 or 13 years ago and was impressed as most everything is inside.  Stayed up north off one of the interstates.  The parking was difficult but not terrible.  I've gone to the California Farm Show at about the same time and must admit it is much more impressive, with all kinds of machinery you don't see in the midwest, plus plenty of stuff from all over the world.  I strongly suggest putting it on your bucket list.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:25am
My wife's family has had a display at the Louisville show for over 30 years.  For many years, they stayed on the Indiana side and drove to the show each day.  For the last 10 years or so, they've been staying at a hotel just south of the expo center.  They say that is much better/easier/quicker, etc.  Good luck on making a reservation.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:36pm
Thanks to all that posted. I checked online the other night and could find rooms available but we have discussed waiting to check the weather and playing it by ear. If the weather cooperates I don’t mind staying under an hour away.
Jim NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 3:26pm
Don't wait too long or you won't find anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic