This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Took Another Tumble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Took Another Tumble
    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 1:41pm
Fell last Sunday loading hay to feed the horses. Hurt a tad more than usual and panic took over Dixie when I called her and told her I might have to have help getting up. I was able to get up on a bale and scoot to the jap truck. When I drove around the shed an emt neighbor was already out of his car and in few minutes two car loads of family drove in. Off to the horsepittle I go.
No broken bones but advised to see my Doctor. Saw him yesterday and received an order for a shoulder mri. He seems to think because I can not lift my left arm that I have a rotor cuff problem. It is a tad uncomfortable just sitting around. With being the second time around I might end up with matching scars.

Forgot the good part! Dixie helped me get a bath and ready to go. I went out to start her new mini van and see two horses out. I picked up a rope and hooked one and took her back to her lot fence. I hooked her to a post where she proceeded get the rope tangled on a wheelchair wheel. While trying to sit in the seat and get it untangled with one arm she came around pushed on the joy stick which pulled me out of the chair into fresh horse manure. We still made it in time to the doctor.

Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 2:19pm
Dick,
 You had one heck of a day! Glad you did not get hurt any worse! Hope things improve too!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 2:38pm
Good thing your tuff, the rotor cuff are rough when you go through therapy and rehab
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:49pm
Be careful out there! We don't heal as fast as we once did. Glad you were not hurt any worse.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:05pm
" fresh horse manure"
That will cure almost anything.
When one of my grandpa's started going bald, he put that and chicken manure on his head. He keep doing it for years, so it must of work.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:45pm
dang it Mr! you gotta slow down...just a little. I too am glad it wasn't worse, but seems to be bad nuff. them "babies" need you and so do we!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:16am

DANG,,Dick L,,,,Like ole Hubert and others say,,,us "oldsters" gots to always be on the lookout for tumbles such as this,,,,!!  All our younger days,,we was always lookin for ways to do our work in the shortest time possible but it ain't that a way NO MORE. Being safe always takes longer to do but never requires hospital time.  I remember jumping out of the bed of my company trk without a thought,,,,,now-a-days my back and my knees remind me how dumb I used to be,,,!!!!LOL
 Take care of yourself, Dick,, sure glad it does not appear to be too bad,,,ClapClap
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:30am
Be safe! God Bless!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:39am
As best we try, life manages to get us sooner or later. We try to make it later, and I always get that look, just like I use to give, when an elder reminds ya to take it easy or slow down or be careful. I always try to remember now, there's always seems never enough time to do it right but always time to do it over, and I ain't in no hurry to die.
Yeah the horse manure was life adding insult to the situation, but then it could of been a sharp rock, a board with nails etc. Hope you don't need to get the scar.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 7:40am
     Hope things go well for you. Let us know what happens.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 2:24pm
I get to hang around typing with one finger until Thursday for an MRI.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:15pm
I'd prefer Horse over hot runny Pig. If I had my druthers.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:40pm
Glad you aren't too hurt, Dick, gotta be careful around those wild beasts of yours.
Back in the last century, when I was 5 or 6, I went for a ride on a pony.  A bunch of kids were there and whoever put the saddle on didn't cinch it up tight enough.  I got on and ole Silver, or whatever it's name was, took off like a shot toward the barn.  The saddle slid around so for a while I was riding sideways then I took the yelled advice and let go of the saddle horn, (I don't know if I was holding the reins or not), Anyway, I offloaded onto a pile of manure just outside of the barn.  Don't think it was very wet or frozen.  Decided then and there that I'd let my younger cousin be the horse person in the family.
She still is and I still avoid them.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:36am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Glad you aren't too hurt, Dick, gotta be careful around those wild beasts of yours.
Back in the last century, when I was 5 or 6, I went for a ride on a pony.  A bunch of kids were there and whoever put the saddle on didn't cinch it up tight enough.  I got on and ole Silver, or whatever it's name was, took off like a shot toward the barn.  The saddle slid around so for a while I was riding sideways then I took the yelled advice and let go of the saddle horn, (I don't know if I was holding the reins or not), Anyway, I offloaded onto a pile of manure just outside of the barn.  Don't think it was very wet or frozen.  Decided then and there that I'd let my younger cousin be the horse person in the family.
She still is and I still avoid them.

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 2:22pm
I can almost see that happening John!  That is funny!!

Hope all goes well for you Dick.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic