This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Hydraulic Pump Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Hydraulic Pump Leak
    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:37pm
Coming back to this in March 2020....

I'm planning to cure the leak in my CA's hydraulic pump this winter. The shop manual shows how to adjust it but doesn't get into repairing it. I've been reading material on here - found some great pictures in a 2011 thread but no step-by-step info. Is there such a manual out there that gets into details on this pump?

Thanks!
Dave

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 23 Mar 2020 at 6:35pm
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:25pm
A model "CA" hydraulic pump is pretty much the same pump as a WD/WD45.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 6:52am
Thanks, Dr. I just happen to have that manual on hand. I've now read the information several times - my main challenge is that I don't have the pressure testing equipment that likely is needed. 

The leak I'm chasing appears to be where a shaft comes through the pump body on the inboard side of the body. Other than the leak, the pump functions perfectly. The shaft is called "Shaft Assembly" - it's opposite the "Lockout Arm Assembly". I suspect that the culprit is the oil seal on the Shaft Assembly.

If I am right, how deeply into the pump do I need to get to replace that seal?

Thanks again!
Dave

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 09 Nov 2019 at 6:52am
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:34pm
I'm planning to take a shot at fixing the leak in the pump unit. Any guidance about replacing whatever the oil seal on the "Shaft Assembly" might be?

Thanks.
Dave
WC, CA, D14, WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic