This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#2 AC plow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #2 AC plow?
    Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 8:08am
I grew up plowing with a WC, pulling a two bottom IH trailer plow on rubber.  It was a great match, she coulda probably pulled three in those loamy river bottoms of SW WI but we couldn't afford the luxury! 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

MLGoodwin82 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLGoodwin82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 12:09am
What would be the proper AC plow for a WC?  I have an Oliver 2x12 right now, but I have to offset the hitch to the right to get it over far enough.  Makes plowing difficult.
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 4:04pm
I've searched but I have not found those posts. Does anyone have an opinion or info? 

Does anyone have a good 2-14 pull type plow on rubber w/ hydraulic lift? AC would be preferred but IHC, Case, Oliver or almost anything in usable condition would be considered.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 12:32am
   Is that the plow in Indiana that the Gentleman on ytmag.com has ? If so that plow was discussed here some time back and I believe it was concluded that plow was converted from a rope trip plow.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 8:30pm
I bought a WD pick up plow for my "new" WD last fall, after mounting it and taking it off I think I'd like to get a pull type plow. I've got an IHC #8 "Little Genius" for my WC and I prefer to just hook to the clevis versus taking the tractor apart to mount. (Spoiled by the snap coupler on the WD45 & D17)

I'm looking at a good #2, 2-14 plow on steel, set up for a hydraulic cylinder. It's a little weird looking, a trailer plow without a tail wheel. Are they any good? The most appealing parts to me is that it's an AC and it's a hydraulic lift. It would be nice to have an AC plow to display but I want something that I can use too.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic