This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power window trouble UPDATE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power window trouble UPDATE
    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:27pm
'99 F150 passenger door window went down but won't come back up, figured it was the motor so I replaced it along with the switch I broke while taking it apart still has the same problem. Bench checked the old motor (should have done that first) and it runs in both directions. I will get a fresh start on it Monday, I'm thinking broken wire some where in the door. Any suggestions or helpful hints would be appreciated.

Edited by Hubert (Ga)engine7 - 29 Oct 2019 at 4:15pm
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
If it's like older GM products. motor gets it's ground from mounting on door. Try connecting good ground to motor and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, your probably correct.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:36pm
Look in the door jam right where it bends.
Will be the thicker wires.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:17pm
Proabably same as my 97, so NOT grounded inside the dor, it's a 'floating' power system.
Since you've replaced both motor and switch, it's not internal door wiring, or the cable going from right door to driver's side.
I suspect the driver's switch, that ALSO controls the passenger window. If it won't go down...check the tan/lt blu wire. won't go up, wht/yel wire.
You can use Google  to get a copy of the '99 ford f150 power window system wiring.

hope this helps

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:41pm
Look in the door jam right where it bends
on the driver door
that where i find brake in the wire
you can try gigging there wile you work the
switch
hope this help

B:-)       Dnoym

Edited by Dnoym N. S. Can. - 19 Oct 2019 at 5:46pm
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 5:47am
hopefully this is the  wiring....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 2:15am
junk it! (poke,poke)
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 7:07am
I had a Chevrolet car that the drivers set of switches had one bad, and one rear window would not operate.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 10:54am
Swap the switches and see if the problem changes to the other window.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 8:44pm
Thanks for all the insight. I didn't get a chance to do much trouble shooting today but I think the problem may lie in the drivers side switch. I did put power to the motor to run the window lift back up so I could reconnect the glass and then run the glass all the way back up.

Jay, thanks for the wiring diagram, I will use it tomorrow. 

Fixer, I hope it is not a broken wire. I hate tearing wire bundles apart and splicing wires!

Stan, unfortunately the switches will not interchange.

Shameless, if I junk in my punishment might be having to drive a Chebby.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 10:51am
my 92 ferd, the motors run, but neither window comes down, nor goes up.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Speaking from experience, if you don’t like electric winder problems stay away from Chebby. I’ve fought them on my last two trucks.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 2:45pm
The only vehicle I've owned with electric windows was a 67 Olds 98 tank with a 425 rocket in it. Oh and the stereo had reverb. Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Speaking from experience, if you don’t like electric winder problems stay away from Chebby. I’ve fought them on my last two trucks.

Now now Thad. I see lots of late model vehicles while in the drive through lines who have to open their doors because they can't get the window to work. Maybe they are using cheap switches from China now because my Chevy in 25 years has never had a problem with the automatic windows.😉🇺🇸
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 5:30pm
My 96 Caravan drivers window only cranks down to 1/3 open, then it's a hard stop. It has that new fangled X crossed cabled all in one system. Looks like a real stand on your head, eyes crossed, and biting your tongue to replace procedure. Cry  I think I'll wait till it gets worse. Dead
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

my 92 ferd, the motors run, but neither window comes down, nor goes up.

JC, if the motors are running but the window not moving the gears are likely stripped out on the motors or the motors are loose and the gear is not contracting the window crank.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 4:19pm
Thanks again for all the input. Turned out to be a bad switch on the driver's side. Ordered a Standard Motor Products switch from Rock Auto since they were $$ less expensive than NAPA even with shipping.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic