This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT Diesel Weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55WD45d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT Diesel Weight
    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:55am
What weight can a 190XT Diesel be brought down to with out major modifications?  I am mainly looking at putting pressed steel wheels on the back and unbolting/ removing unnecessary parts ( 3 point...etc) for tractor pulling.  I want to run it in the farm stock class so I can't get too crazy.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 6:55pm
Had a 200 like this that your wanting to do with, got it to 8700 easy, but had 3 pt etc on it,, with your ideas, pressed steel , no 3 pt prolly around 7500, put a hollow front end box on it looses 400 lbs
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:19pm
Helped a customer years ago with a cabless 190XT S-3 with 18.4 x 38's with cast iron centers, no weights or fluid anywhere and I think the 3 point was still on it and he pulled it in the 9,000 lbs class at 125 HP.

Edited by DrAllis - 18 Sep 2019 at 9:19pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:51pm
That's where the ole 200 was
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 8:13am
You should be able to get one down to less than 7000lbs.  I do know of a gasser unit in our area that is below 5750, lighter rear end and engine, though.  I am building one for a 7000lb super light mod farm class.
Acllss puller View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 2:24pm
I’m building new rails for mine so I have aluminum frame rails and light steel front end available rails appear stock and are solid they are good pieces
55WD45d View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 55WD45d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 3:28pm
Thanks for the information.  I might have more questions if I decide to go ahead with the project.  Smile

Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic