This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bummer of a day locally

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bummer of a day locally
    Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 12:50am
a 13 year old boy was run over by a semi at a major intersection today. the semi made contact with his whole body from north to south, died instantly. unclear who was at fault yet. his bicycle was crumpled and stuck up under the semi. prayers for his family and the other school kids he was friends with. a few years ago, the people that rent our other house of the farm, their 14 year old road his bike out onto the highway from the driveway and was struck by a semi, the semi doing approx. 60 MPH, the boys bike went under the tractor/trailer, his shoes left his feet on contact, the boy was imbedded in the radiator of the tractor, but only sustained some bruises and a cut finger. no other injuries. no one can figger that out at all, he was taken to the hospital and x-rayed and checked all over, and no damage has shown up interally to this day. he was on Gods watch list that day!
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 4:22am

Aw jeeeze,,,Shameless,,,that's too awful bad, to lose the young ones of our world, for they are our future,,,there's just no telling what or how this came about,,,Prayers to his family,,,,,,
 Whenever I see anybody on a bicycle or even a motorcycle going same direction as I am,,I will just tap the horn to let em know I'm comin up on them so they don't veer in front of my vehicle,,,nost people appreciate that and will raise their hand in gesture of thanks,,,,,,,except for two little AH's bout 12-14 years the other day that I honked at and they both stopped their bicycles and flipped me off as I went by,,,I wanted to go back and try to run over em,,,but just kept on driving home,,,,,WinkWinkChit,,that might of been ME,,,years ago,,,,,,LOL
 I heard the local radio announcer say something that struck a thing on me,,,"School is back in session now, and there will be lots of NEW, YOUNG drivers out there,,,and if you get cut off,,,just chill a little and smile and wave at them,,,,,It'll be OK",,,,,I like thet guy,,,,Clap
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:17am
Sad to hear of that. Accidents involving kids are the worst ones to work. God was certainly watching over the one that survived what should have been a fatal impact with the front of a semi. Miracles do happen!
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 10:13am
Sometimes I think it is a miracle that any of us survived our teenage years.🤔
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 10:36am
yeah Stan...I look back too....whew!
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
That is just aweful!  Add the fact that the 10 year old girl in Papillion died after being hit in an intersection, plus another one hit in Plattsmouth last evening!  Not sure what is causing all of this! Drivers are devastated too I am sure!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 12:48pm
Prayers for the families in Neb.

Would like prayers for a family here, that a 13 year old learns from his mistake. Took the atv to go across the field help gramps and granny with chores. But went for a little extra joy ride down a dirt road lost control. Got thrown clear but atv totaled as it went over cliff into dry river bed about 60 feet down.  
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 1:12pm
Shameless we’re sending out prayers to the kids family and to the whole community. That’s rough.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 2:26pm
Yes prayers for the families and the semi driver also.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 7:27pm
The fastest animal on Earth is a Toddler escaping their Mother's grasp. I resemble that remark, carry the scars at Forehead and back of skull to prove it. My dear mother watched myself at three decide to go visit the neighbor ACROSS THE STREET just as the Western Cartridge Company shift let out. She watched in horror trying to catch my fast little butt get tagged by a 1951 Fleetline Chevrolet and sent flipping as a dime into the curb. Yes I did survive, none the worse for wear but CAN ATTEST children Will Do the worst thing available at the most inappropriate time. Prayers for the Parents.

Edited by DMiller - 24 Aug 2019 at 7:28pm
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 11:16pm
I don't know what was going on in Longmont, CO this evening but I don't think I've ever seen four State Patrol cars running hot (I'm guessing 80MPH) towards town.  I was at our tractor show three miles south of town.  Maybe our retired SP member will know tomorrow.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 2:13am
will send prayers for your local family here to Ray
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:33am
Hate to hear all this for sure, what's the deal with the shoes coming off? Had that happen around here years ago boy got hit and shoes stayed by the motorcycle threw him 200 ft
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:51am
Inertia, not really connected to the body so stay where come off.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:20am
Doug...that happens quite often in violent accidents. even inside cars it can happen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic