This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First time since 1986

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time since 1986
    Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 1:32pm
yep...I think there's some insurance fraud going on, at your pain and expence.
Sponsored Links

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 1:31pm
costs $600. to have any tooth pulled here.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 1:25pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

shucks Thad...if'n the dentists around here can't pull a tooth, they take a vise grips and break them up and then pull the pieces out. i'm thunking you are gonna look like a true arkansasy dude soon! we want pics!

I can’t figure this out either Shameless. The dentist looked at my teeth and the young girl cleaned them then they send me to the city for the root canals. Then back to dentist and he grinds off the back of the tooth and fits on a temporary cap then to surgeon to see about pulling them teeth. He says he’s gonna knock that cap off pulling that lower tooth but will glue it back on. He schedules it and then says sedation won’t work and needs another surgeon. And different drugs to knock me out. I’m getting nervous from all the knock out stuff. I think I’m getting run around so they can make more money from insurance. The new quote to pull this tooth would scare a rich man. And still have to have Dentist put on permanent cap. Jenny hasn’t told me how much our part is yet.
I’m going through the same over my back, knees and blood pressure. Different test in a different town every day. And now they got me taking tests to see if I can handle physical therapy that I don’t have time to do anyway.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 10:48am
shucks Thad...if'n the dentists around here can't pull a tooth, they take a vise grips and break them up and then pull the pieces out. i'm thunking you are gonna look like a true arkansasy dude soon! we want pics!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Has your pressure gone up since getting hitched? Heart Embarrassed Wink

I don’t know?£££ I haven’t had it checked since high school football physical and it was high then. That was a long time ago. I was dating Jennifer then and had a very hard time passing that physical. 😂😂😂
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:45am
Has your pressure gone up since getting hitched? Heart Embarrassed Wink
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 9:05am
Thad, I'm not a medical doctor nor do I play one on tv but I do know that tooth/gum problems will affect your heart health. My blood pressure goes up when I have my semi-annual cleanings but it is because of that cute dental hygienist. LOL
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

That must be one tough tooth if the oral surgeon couldn't get it and is calling in reinforcements. Hope it all works out well. Once you get the teeth taken care of it may help with the blood pressure problem.

Could infection cause high blood pressure? There has been infection between the wisdom tooth and the one it grew in to causing soreness and swelling. They’ve got all that cleaned out and no more bleeding gums or swelling. Makin me feel a lot better. I can’t stay awake long at a time today. Sure be glad when this stuff wears off.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 4:46am

Hey Thanks,,Hubert,,,I'll check that out,,the local Walmart didn't have anything,,but maybe Ebay or Amazon,,,,,Chit,,sometimes,,I wake up my whole side of face hurts in the gums from all the teeth mashing,,,

Gosh,,Thad,,,, you goin thru some important issues there so keep after it ,,it'll soon be over and maybe get back to normal routeen,,??
I'm kinda dreadin my upcomin dental issues and jst the other day,,one of the teeth on my other side broke in half and now startin to feel it every day,,,chit,,,chit,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,I'm glad you doin OK with round 1, Thad.  When you gonna go back for round 2? Mine finally stopped hurtin a couple of days ago but I have got to stop, somehow, from mashing my teeth at night. Dentist told me he gonna look into that for a fix,,,but he ain't pullin any more teeth just yet,,,,LOL

Joe, you might want to go by a sporting goods store and get you a "boil and bite" to use at night. Just leave the strap attached so if you swallow it you can pull it back out. Used one for about 3 months and it helped with my teeth grinding.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 7:19pm
That must be one tough tooth if the oral surgeon couldn't get it and is calling in reinforcements. Hope it all works out well. Once you get the teeth taken care of it may help with the blood pressure problem.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 5:58pm
Thad you's one big mess.Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 3:58pm
Just got home from the oral surgeon. He got started pulling the bottom wisdom tooth and called it off. Rescheduled for a couple weeks from now. Said the sedation wasn’t working. I’ll be so glad when all this is over. Gonna bring in another surgeon to help.
I got a temporary cap over the root canal last night. They’ll put on the permanent when the surgeon is done. The wisdom tooth is grown in to the tooth they’re trying to save.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:17pm
I had all of mine pulled before I got out of the service too, only had 3.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Now that's funny Albert!!!,,,,,,,,top to bottom,,,,,LOL

You're a lucky man Thad, I had ALL four of mine taken out,,,,,,,while I was in the service,,,,,,,,all four at ONE TIME.  He used a chisel on the bottom two to break them in half so he could pull them.  ya think you can live on water for two weeks??

Ted I can live on what ever Jenny says I can live on. 😆😆😆
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:49pm
Now that's funny Albert!!!,,,,,,,,top to bottom,,,,,LOL

You're a lucky man Thad, I had ALL four of mine taken out,,,,,,,while I was in the service,,,,,,,,all four at ONE TIME.  He used a chisel on the bottom two to break them in half so he could pull them.  ya think you can live on water for two weeks??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:58pm
Seems like Jenn's doin' a "restoration" on ya, Thad.  If it's top to bottom, look out what comes next!!!  Obviously she wants ya to last a long while!  You'se a lucky man!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:34pm
Ain't it fun getting older, as said before taint for the timid.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:20pm
Somewhere in there I get a filling in a top tooth.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:18pm
Round 2 is Wednesday and round 3 Thursday. Wednesday I get a cap over the tooth they put three root canals in and Thursday I see the surgeon to look and set a date to pull the 4 teeth. When all that’s done I then go to the blood pressure Doc. The Nurse gonna have me hittin on all 8.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:56am

Well,,I'm glad you doin OK with round 1, Thad.  When you gonna go back for round 2? Mine finally stopped hurtin a couple of days ago but I have got to stop, somehow, from mashing my teeth at night. Dentist told me he gonna look into that for a fix,,,but he ain't pullin any more teeth just yet,,,,LOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Ron Eggen Ron Eggen wrote:

just tell them you want to use conscious sedation and you will never feel any pain , you will just wake up and be ready to be driven home with some ibuprofin and feel fine in a day or two.  The only way to go.

Ron that’s how they did this first round. They offered a prescription for pain pills. I took Tylenol before I left and nothing since. I’m amazed at how well they did.
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:01pm
just tell them you want to use conscious sedation and you will never feel any pain , you will just wake up and be ready to be driven home with some ibuprofin and feel fine in a day or two.  The only way to go.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Hold him to it Thad. Wink

I’m skeered he’s gonna send some of them 51/2” hail balls like they got out west.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:06pm
Hold him to it Thad. Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:28pm
I could bring you down sum ice chips for ya!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:13pm
I made it through round 1. These dentists were much better than the traveling portable I went to all those years ago. We’ll see how I feel in the morning.
I have 3 more appointments to go. Gonna be a rough month or so.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

The dentist thinks 40 years of Copenhagen took its toll.

'dipping' tobaccos, being not regulated as 'food', usually contain 'abrasives' to accellerate absorption of nicotine.  These abrasives are what destroy gums, cheeks, tongue, sinuses, and throat...  so he's probably right...  Ouch
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:36pm
Tooth brush - Teeth brush,  that's funny Thad. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic