This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B carburettor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B carburettor
    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:40am
Hi all just like to know your thoughts on what carburettor I should use on my English assembled B I have 2 zenith and 1 marvel-Schebler one of the zenith carburettors look like it is made of alloy and has adjustable main jet at the bottom it also has the word Bendex on it .the second zenith is made of cast steel with no adjustable main jet at the bottom
Thanks for your thoughts
Sponsored Links

Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 5:32am
My personal opinion would be to use the cast Zenith on a B. All three should be able to be used on your tractor when properly cleaned and adjusted.
HoughMade View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoughMade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 7:08am
All I know is that I have a cast Zenith and once I cleaned it and adjusted it, no replacement parts other than gaskets, it has been running perfectly for almost 2 years with no further work on it.

Edited by HoughMade - 24 Jul 2019 at 7:08am
1951 B
NNYACAL View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNYACAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:15am
you didn't give the model of the marvel schiebler carburetor but have had better luck with them, but if you choose the cas steel zenith you can also install an adjustable load jet in place of the fixed jet to more closely tune the tractor.
G,IB,B,C,CA,RC,WC,WF,WD,WD45,D14,D17SERIES 1,2,4
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 6:14pm
The B shop manual should help with carburetor adjustments.

http://geraldj.networkiowa.com/Trees/Allis-Chalmers-G-B-C-CA-Service.pdf

Gerald J.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic