This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RARE FORKLIFT NEED HELP AU-1420

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFV_818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RARE FORKLIFT NEED HELP AU-1420
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:41am
Hi, I bought a uleaded gas 4750 lbs lift tht  I beleive from online research is a 1971. It has one plate on the outside chasis /that says
TYPE G
173A
AU-1402

It sounds good when running but is blowing blue smoke
 it can be many things like head gasket on
i need to know engine and searchable part refernces like engne type etc

it also needs brakes

the front has no serail number plate
I am uploading the reference plate I have
the engine is stamped 4512  F

I would lso like to try and get a manual
I internet searched the au-1402 and two things came up

one this was taken over from lstansteel corp in 1971 (Collection 1402) to allis collection 54

and that some of these models have sold at auction refeenced au-1402 about 3
Thats all I know, can anyone help me shed some light on this model including engine type or what to look for / similiar models for part etc?

Any help is apreciated,
Jeff
Sponsored Links

Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:16am
Several photos of the machine and engine might help. If your photos are large (high pixels), resize to about 680 x 500 with paint or other program for best viewing here.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:26am
as Jim says , pictures are worth MORE than 1000 words...
either resize on your 'device' to 640 x 480 aka VGA or 'email' size or 'upload' them into your spot in the 'file manager' here.We're give 80 megs of free storage,so over 200 'VGA sized' pictures. Once saved, you can resize then add them to your post.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
SFV_818 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFV_818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:50pm
Hi, thank you both for your replies.
 I took a few pictures and can see an engine stamp of 1-3-4-2 then 2-5-4
also another part of the engine is stamped HUS
I am attachg the pictures resized as suggested.

I am gettng a lot of blue smoke like I mentioned and was told by seller he thought a thicker oil is needed, Im not sure but can use help on identification of this engine and hopefully a way to order a manual
I can hardly stop s brakes will be my first order of operations hopefully.

I hope some of these pictures means something to some one it seems the 1-3-4-2 relates to engine firing
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 4:50am
I believe HUS is Hussco, a valve supplier.  THere should be a data tag, somewhere on the lift, similar to the last picture, with model, s#, and load capacity, etc...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:28am
Looking at a few clues and the size of the forklift leads me to think you have a 153 Buda engine. Pictures of the engine don't tell me much. Not sure about the angled oil filter.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:41am
I would guess that it is a fl40 or fl50 forklift with the 153 buda. The data tag should be on the dash in the middle of the gauges.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 5:49am
1-3-4-2 is the engine firing order. That maybe an Allis G153 (Buda 4B-53) engine.

As DiyDave posted HUS would be for Hussco, a company that manufactured that valve. The valve is part of the hydraulic system not the engine.

The tag you posted is an Underwriters tag as to the machine's fire rating. I don't see that that will be much help in ID'ing the forklift.

Would you be able to get some more photos of the engine? Get a lower angle and a bit further back to show better side views. Better lighting will help as well. Also a couple good shots of the valve cover and water pump may help.

Some lifts had tags on the dash area with capacities of the lifts, etc., below is a sample of one from the web. Comparing photos of AC forklifts from the web to yours, it looks like an FP series.

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:26am
WOW that's the gas version of my Buda dieselled lift ! I've yet to find a svc manual though 'liberatedmanuals.com' have 100s of them.....
Both gas and disel engines share a lot of same parts ! Brakes are 'fun' to deal with,though I made a 'lift carrier' to do that. Only get 9' of lift and my 2nd floor is 10', sigh. That back chunk of cast iron is about 4000#, the smaller one blocking the hyd pump is about 300# !!! That needs to be removed to change fanbelt....
GREAT machine though, can lift 5000# easy, 6000# bit of a grunt.
Check the Carden u-joint between tranny and diff ! odds are nobody ever greased it. ticking timebomb. I'll change mine( underneath job) when it breaks....
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:53pm
" Check the Carden u-joint between tranny and diff ! odds are nobody ever greased it. ticking timebomb. I'll change mine( underneath job) when it breaks...."

Check what it might hit if that happens before it does.

Based on - when I ordered u-joint kits for the shaft in our FA 10 parts bloke said "Just as well you found that.  If they let go they usually take out the front cover of the transmission"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic