This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talkin bout bad memory,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talkin bout bad memory,,,,,,
    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 2:27pm
  Since I have made myself a somewhat honest promise to get back to finishing up my 1955 Chev, I started cleaning out the garage and DANG but I had NO IDEA I had so much "stuff" in thar,,,,,WinkLOL So far,,in 5 days,,I have wheeled out 4 wheelbarrows of various metal "Stuff" that is going to the junk iron place. Plus a couple of barrels of trash mostly books.
 Well,,bout a couple of weeks ago,,I was workin on a customer's A/C and I was having some issues with the hoses on my charging manifold,,,,Chit,,I ain't had this manifold but 25 years by my last countLOL  Right then,,,I decided next time I was close to Harbor Freight I would buy me a whole new manifold and hoses and throw this one in the junk brass pile,,,,,Wink Well,,,imagine my surprise when I start in moving chit out of the 55 when Lo & Behold and to my utter surprise,,,there sits an almost new A/C manifold with ALL three of the hoses including the high pressure hose,,,and new lookin gauges!! 
 Now,,,my question to me is ,,,Who did I steal this from or,,,where and when did I buy it,,,,prolly from a yard sale or,,,???? I have been racking my brain and I just cannot remember when, where or nuttin bout this tool,,,,dang,,hope I don't forget what time chow is,,,,,
 I better get back to the cleanin out,,,ain't no tellin what I'm liable to find from here,,,,,
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 2:38pm
Shoot Joe, don't fret over that.  I was only ~26 or so the first time I did something like that.  Needed to work on the motorcycle, knew I would need some certain tools for the job, so I went and bought them.  Got done, now where would I store tools like this.....Went to the logical place by my "system", and there was a set of them in there already!!!LOL
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:17pm
That's great Joe that you found my gauges. Just hang onto them and swing by and pick them up.😳😆🍺🍺🍺
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:16pm
 AHA,!!,,,,,Stan,,,,,,so that is what"ALL" them S.A. initals means on the backs of Both gauges plus the front AND the back of the manifold as well as all the hoses gots S.A. in black magic marker bout every 2" from one end 'ta other,,,,,,,WinkWink
 I got to thinkin,,,somebody really likes them S.A. initals,,,,,,,,WinkLOL

say,,,by the way,,,just WHAT you been doin at my house,,,,,In my garage,,,,????
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:51pm

OH and havin said all that,,,,,Stan,,,before you cam claim this ,manifold,,,,you still gonna have to describe the name on the bottom of the manifold,,,,,WinkWink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:25am
 SAY,,,,I'm thinkin I should of started this clean out lots sooner,,,,,,,,Yesterday,,,,I come up on something lots of you drag racers would be interested in,,,you too, Thad and Steve(NJ),,Wink
  In a box in back seat of the 55,,I open and find a 4 barrel Holley carb with the list 
  #4223-9,,,I said,,HMmmmmmm,,,where could this of come from,,?? Check out the list# on my Holley printout and,,,,,and,,,,it is an 850 CFM center squirter and is the one used on the 427 Corvettes and 427 Camaros back in the 60's and 70's,,,,this son of a gun is liable to be worth some serious dollars,,, chit,,I better hide it 'fore somebody tries to come claim it,,,,,
 Gotta get back out there and see what else,,,,???Clap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

SAY,,,,I'm thinkin I should of started this clean out lots sooner,,,,,,,,Yesterday,,,,I come up on something lots of you drag racers would be interested in,,,you too, Thad and Steve(NJ),,Wink
  In a box in back seat of the 55,,I open and find a 4 barrel Holley carb with the list 
  #4223-9,,,I said,,HMmmmmmm,,,where could this of come from,,?? Check out the list# on my Holley printout and,,,,,and,,,,it is an 850 CFM center squirter and is the one used on the 427 Corvettes and 427 Camaros back in the 60's and 70's,,,,this son of a gun is liable to be worth some serious dollars,,, chit,,I better hide it 'fore somebody tries to come claim it,,,,,
 Gotta get back out there and see what else,,,,???Clap

I’m gonna trade you a sure nuff rebuildable Carter YFA for that big Holley. You can bolt this yfa on the geo buggy and haul the mail. You’re gonna be the pride of the elk territory on that Geo powered beast.👍
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:07pm
Let me know when you find that TO20 Manifold.  Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 4:27pm
 OH CHIT,,,Chask,,,you don't think,,,,,,you don't think I "may" of already bought one of them stupid manifolds,,,,and,,,,and,,,it hidin somewheres in thet garage,,,,,Chit,,,I'm outa here and back out to thet gold mine,,,,,,,,, 
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 7:32pm
Chaz...didn't we hear him say awhile back that he bought one?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:55pm
 Chit Shameless,,,thats cuttin a little low ain't it,,,,,?   I,,,,I,,,I ain't near that bad yets,,,am I,,???
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:56pm
Now just how the heck did my Holley get into YOUR garage???  Something funny is going on around here......

Thad, I've got a funny story about a Carter AFB.......
Danged four barrel.....well, the other 2 wouldn't open until the guy I was racin agin, his front bumper got to next to my front wheels.  Then they'd open up and away we'd go.  Dangdest thing I ever had.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:56am
A garage is like a box of chocolate. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:59am
Now Joe,, it's been too long that you have had my gauges that I couldn't tell you anything about them but I was smart enough to put my initials on them and that should be good enough. Oh and i also used my full first name on stuff too so if you have anything with "Stanley" on it just set them next to the gauges and I can get it all.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Stan IL&TN Stan IL&TN wrote:

Now Joe,, it's been too long that you have had my gauges that I couldn't tell you anything about them but I was smart enough to put my initials on them and that should be good enough. Oh and i also used my full first name on stuff too so if you have anything with "Stanley" on it just set them next to the gauges and I can get it all.

LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL,,,,Chit Stan,,,er,,Stanley,,,,I GIVE UP,,,,you gots me on that one,,,,,,LOLLOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Chit Shameless,,,thats cuttin a little low ain't it,,,,,?   I,,,,I,,,I ain't near that bad yets,,,am I,,???

Wink  Joe ConfusedConfusedConfused not you it's the rest of the world.Clap
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Now just how the heck did my Holley get into YOUR garage???  Something funny is going on around here......

Thad, I've got a funny story about a Carter AFB.......
Danged four barrel.....well, the other 2 wouldn't open until the guy I was racin agin, his front bumper got to next to my front wheels.  Then they'd open up and away we'd go.  Dangdest thing I ever had.

Oh Ted I’m a big fan of the AFB I think they’re the greatest for a daily driver hot rod. The YFA is another story. I think too much of ole Joe to trade mine to him but don’t be a tellin him cause I ain’t dun having fun.👍
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:47pm
 well,,,a bit of an update,,,as I been sweatin a tight AH thinkin ole Stan done left a whole  bunch of his tools in my garage,,,,,so I run out tha'ar to have a look see,,,,,and,,,,and the only'ist ones I fount was a couple of old wore out ratchets and some wallowed out box-open wrenches,, They was all in an coffee can to maybe use em for parts or,,,fish weights too,,, whew,,,I dodged a bullet on that one,,I did,!!  Now,,,,I will say this,,, some of them good lookin tools in the big Kobalt tool box did look like "somebody" Mighta used one of them 4 1/2" grinders on the name ,,,but thas all I'm sayin,,,,,,,Wink
 UMMmmmm, Stan,, you want I should send you these in the coffee can,,???Wink

Well,,,Thad,,I do appreciate that gesture of support and,,to add to THAT story,,I did happen to "find" the 800 CFM AFB the other day. I KNEW I had it but ain't seen it in a few years and it is one of them polished ones,,,real purdy,,!!! I might consider a trade on that one for a good one barrel,,,,,WinkWink (Now,,I ain't gonna be here this weekend, so don't be headin this way just yet),,,,LOL

Chit Ted,,,you gots some tools in MY garage too,,,???? DANG,,,I best go buy some more grinder wheels for them brand names,,,errrrrrr  never mind.

Chit,,,!!! Time I get done returnin all MY tools,,I just as well retire from shade tree'in,,,,LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:50pm
 Well   Ray,,,I'm sure glad to hear they is more out there like me,,,,makes me feel lots better,,,now where was I goin again,,,,????LOL

When I was still gettin paid for workin,,,I used to HAVE to carry a note pad in my shirt pocket,,cause if I didn't,,,it be gone by the time I looked around,,,,,LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 3:07pm
I tell ya what Joe out of the goodness of my heart and all around super generosity why don't you go ahead and send my stuff to Shameless so he can maintain that there make it all white and pretty machine of his. I'm thinking in another few weeks I could stand for a cool spell.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic