This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr said

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr said
    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:40am
I'm allergic to grass and it'll only get worse as the yeas go on. Dog gone it, I never used to be. After several hours mowing today. I Woke up with the dog gone nose plugged up. Sitting here flipping thru the 2 dozen channel's we get. Its pretty bad when the most unboring thing On is the "weather channel". At least 1/2 of them are paid programming tonight. I've not seen that much crap on so many channels before.
Sponsored Links

Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:19am
Yeah, as you age, your body changes. I was never allergic to pollen, grass and such, and now this year its bothering me more than last year. Somethin' else to look forward to. Sheesh!   Confused
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:44am
My father in law claims a dust mask helps his grass and pollen pollen allergies when he mows grass

Edited by thendrix - 12 Jun 2019 at 6:45am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:18am
my neighbor wears a mask when mowing.

I get kinda choked, especially when it is dry when running the Z.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:19am
Last couple of years I feel the effects after mowing but more beer seems to help. May resort to using a mask but more beer is winning right now.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Stan IL&TN Stan IL&TN wrote:

Last couple of years I feel the effects after mowing but more beer seems to help. May resort to using a mask but more beer is winning right now.

Hey Stan,,,I'm likin how you take a scientific approach to solvin a serious problem,,,,,LOLLOL

Edited by desertjoe - 12 Jun 2019 at 8:55am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:16am
I never had any allergies until I was about 40.  Have allergies and asthma now.  Been tested twice for "what" it is I'm allergic to, neither time showed much.  First time was a small reaction to dust mites, second time showed Hickory.  Hickory??  Seriously??? At that, if hickory, it should only be a few weeks a year in the spring, but I have 'em 365, so nothing much makes sense.  Been tested for cows, horses, cats, dogs, all of which I'm exposed to all of the time, all are basically negative.  Hmm.... maybe I'll try more beer!Big smile

Edited by Tbone95 - 12 Jun 2019 at 9:17am
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:26am
I've been allergic to grass,trees,ragweed,pollen,dust and kitty cat dander for over 50+ years... So what do I do ? Buy a house , in the country, and have 2 cats.
After 33 years and 5 cats , Cloudy is the FIRST cat I am NOT allregic too !
I have good days, bad days. Eye drops help.
I got 3 needles every week when I was 10-11ish. Some years are better than others...

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:30am
Jay, my vet has a concoction he puts together.  A few drops on your cat's food, no more reaction to the cats.  Wife and daughter are both allergic to cats.  Anyone else's house and they're both flared up, stuffy, watery, sneezing in minutes. 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:03am
Last summer I wound up in the emergency room from raw tomatoes. I have to watch strawberries as well. Cooked maters no problem. When I go the rice country in south Arkansas I get hives and have breathing problems. I think it skeeter spray?
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:28am
Tbone, maybe your allergic to the wife now?  Then you can tell her to leave you alone for awhile when you need time for yourself & more beer. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 12 Jun 2019 at 11:28am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Tbone, maybe your allergic to the wife now?  Then you can tell her to leave you alone for awhile when you need time for yourself & more beer. Wink
Now there's an idea chas!  I already tried eliminating the beer, and that did not work.  Out of pure curiosity, I eliminated coffee as a test also.  And that was much harder to do than the beer, but no help.  Sorry, dear!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:46pm
Jaybmiller is that cat a hairless cat that your not allergic to
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 3:13pm
Ragweed, cottonwood, grass, and about whatever else grows in the spring, older I get, the worse it seems to get. Cats and most dogs make me sneeze, so it's Poodles only for us, which is fantastic because they are smarter than most peoples kids and hypo-allergenic to boot.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 3:32pm
Man, I feel for you guys! years ago, I discovered the hard way I was allergic to hard physical labor! I tried it once, broke out into a heavy sweat, heart rate went up, started breathing heavy. I'll never do that again!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 6:08pm
Lou  Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:04pm
Good one Luigi!!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:26pm
 Chit Lou,,,years ago,,,I contacted thet strange  allergy too,,,,but the wife and her mother kept feeding me them dang pills called " Work Pills"  and even threw in some other pills they called "responsibility" for good measure,,,,that and a good strong right foot was all it took for me to adjust,,,,,,,,,Clap
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:20pm
At least I'm not yet allergic to bee stings. I didn't wear my gloves while weed eating around the hives yesterday. Got stung 5 or 6 times on my left hand, it only swelled up.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 3:04pm
Be careful that's the starting of being allergic
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 7:36pm
ya'll need to gits outside and eat sum dirt!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:08pm
LOOK who's talking!!,,,,,,,,,,,git outside.....HUH!

I'm with Stan on this one!  And it's not only good for allergies, but a bunch of other things too!  If you've got a problem with ANYTHING, try MORE BEER!!!  HONEST,,,,,,,,,it works for me.

Lou, are you sure it was manual labor that brought on those symptoms??  I had that problem a few times and found out is was because of this beautiful gal I ended up marrying.

Tom be REAL careful, all of a sudden you're REALLY allergic to bees.  Happened to my cousin,,,,,,,,he almost died from ONE (1) sting!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic