This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD hydraulic and trans fluid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD hydraulic and trans fluid
    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
what fluid would everyone recommend that I put into my original WD for both the hydraulic system and the trans/rear end? I say original because it is just that and none of the seals anywhere have been replaced. everything currently works as is but who knows exactly how old the fluid is and I want to change it out since I will now be working it with a brush hog behind. I am open to putting different fluid in the hydraulic system vs the trans but the same type would be easier. would a AW32 be too thin? the tractor wont be used in the winter so no worries about that. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:33pm
roey94,
Welcome to the Allis forum! 
I think some folks put Hytran in both areas. Hope I have that right. Others with more experience will be along. We need some pictures of your WD.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:32pm
Universal hydraulic all the way.      MACK
sploke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sploke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:26am
I also used universal hy-trans in my transmission, the stock hydro pump section, and in the front end loader when I changed everything out.  No significant leaks (that weren't there already, anyway).
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:33am
I've had Universal transdraulic fluid in my 45 for years. Farm and Fleets brand was and probably still is spec to Allis 821. I have had a few little leaks for years,, but never put more than a pint in over a summers use.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
roey94 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:54am
thanks! I have a local fleet farm and was wondering if anyone knew exactly which fluid I should get. I already purchased the AW32 but just feel it might be a little thin especially since this will only be used in the summer. I can easily just return and get the correct fluid. wd1.pdf
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:32pm
Thanks for the pictures too.  What is the big Allis with the loader? And there are two under the awning, both WD's? This may be what I use in my tractor, even though I have changed the seals. Just sounds easier!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:44pm
Mighty big tractor to be used as a tie-down, lol! Just kidding. Nice pics!
roey94 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:03pm
its just an old 190 that has the loader. under the cover is the WD and an older WC. in a building I have the 190xt, B, CA, and WD45. besides the 190 with loader none of them will be used hard enough for me to want to do a lot of work on them. The WD will soon be worked and I'm trying to find the exact best fluid so I have one less thing to worry about
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:44pm
AW32 won't hurt a thing. AW46 might be a bit better if it's only gonna be used in warm weather.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
roey94 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:18am
thanks! would AW 68 be too thick? AW 100? fleet farm says they have 6 gallons of it in stock.
roey94 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:04pm
Should I just get the aw46 or does anyone think thicker would be better? I'm planning on getting the fluid tomorrow mid day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic