This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ran when we parked it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ran when we parked it
    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:56pm
so ran when we parked it usally means it was on its last leg or thats where it quit ,     but i have a cj5 several garden tractors a few other things that are in tip top shape just going to pot  sitting (because i can only play with so many things) now that will take a half a day to get fired up.    so what do you call the real good stuff thats been parked for five or ten years ?
Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

so ran when we parked it usally means it was on its last leg or thats where it quit ,     but i have a cj5 several garden tractors a few other things that are in tip top shape just going to pot  sitting (because i can only play with so many things) now that will take a half a day to get fired up.    so what do you call the real good stuff thats been parked for five or ten years ?

projects
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:34pm
NOS projects
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:14am
I need a pic of that CJ5
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 6:30am
Hud,
More retirement projects, is what I call them! We need some pictures. Maybe we can get you going on some of these too.
I have similar issue. Cub Cadet 110. burns oil and low range has a issue. Needs total restore.
Cub Cadet 127 wont start and needs refub clean and paint again. Cub Cadet 108 needs engine rebuilt. John Deere 110 Needs refurb clean and paint and engine work (have new head gasket). Agrifab 4 wheel wagon needs cleaned and painted again. #1 Cub lawn dump cart needs refurb, clean and paint. Set of Brinley disc need restored along with a set of Brinley cultivators.  Your right! I cant ride all these in one day if they were going!Smile We have a problem! Forgot the Cub Cadet 72 that needs engine work and restored too!

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 11 Jun 2019 at 6:32am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Hud,
More retirement projects, is what I call them! We need some pictures. Maybe we can get you going on some of these too.
I have similar issue. Cub Cadet 110. burns oil and low range has a issue. Needs total restore.
Cub Cadet 127 wont start and needs refub clean and paint again. Cub Cadet 108 needs engine rebuilt. John Deere 110 Needs refurb clean and paint and engine work (have new head gasket). Agrifab 4 wheel wagon needs cleaned and painted again. #1 Cub lawn dump cart needs refurb, clean and paint. Set of Brinley disc need restored along with a set of Brinley cultivators.  Your right! I cant ride all these in one day if they were going!Smile We have a problem! Forgot the Cub Cadet 72 that needs engine work and restored too!

Regards,
 Chris

Chris, I've got rings for Cub-Cadets! Mostly 8-10 hp models but some others. Give me a shout if you're looking for some, Mike.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 2:04pm
Here of late Craigslist and FB Marketplace have been deluged with weed patch escapees. Still covered in moss stains, still show the rub marks from trees moving against them, most tires are flat but come with that infamous, "needs a little work, Brakes not working, was running when parked" or the latest HIGH dollar for 'Antique, missing a few pieces' or for big class 7 old semi trucks, 'no engine or trans but will make a great road tractor' followed with "Title lost". Heyzues these people are NUTS!!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Here of late Craigslist and FB Marketplace have been deluged with weed patch escapees. Still covered in moss stains, still show the rub marks from trees moving against them, most tires are flat but come with that infamous, "needs a little work, Brakes not working, was running when parked" or the latest HIGH dollar for 'Antique, missing a few pieces' or for big class 7 old semi trucks, 'no engine or trans but will make a great road tractor' followed with "Title lost". Heyzues these people are NUTS!!

Same here. I see lots of trucks with no title. They say it won’t take much to get one. I’m thinking then go get one and ask more for the (rwp) running when parked old truck.
Nat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:36pm
currently inactive inventory
Nat
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:08pm
Clean one owners.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:57am
Projects alright.  Loooong term projects like what I have....  LOL!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:38pm
A person can sell any machine with or without title, stating or indicating a Lost Title is easy to get they ARE the responsible party as to making the statement legitimate, have them put it in writing they lost the title on the bill of sale, then the Dept of Revenue for your state has someone to go calling on for back taxes unpaid. Buy it on a open BOS and your own fault.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 1:56pm
Still would be ran when paerked
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 12:24pm
I have tractors that ran when I unloaded them, ---- NOW the engines are stuck!---LOL!!!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic