This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

convertables...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: convertables...
    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:59pm
the old lady....oooops...I mean the loving wife has wanted a convertible for lots of years! saw a real nice one at the local dealership...went thru all the hoops and then just before delivery took her out there so she could drive it home! nope...she wants the Willy's for her convertible! PffffT! guess ya'll are out now! soooooo….I put the money back ina can and re-buried it!
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:04pm
Happy Wife Happy Life, keep trying 

GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:02am
My wife has a '64 Impala rag top. Was her Dad's since 1965. Sets in the garage and takes up space. No she won't sell it.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:07am
What was at the dealership, Dale?
I bought a old Scout almost two years ago, still haven't gotten it running....

Edited by JohnCO - 11 Jun 2019 at 12:08am
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:13am
it was a Chrysler Sebring convertible. it had already had the tranny thing fixed/replaced. was well taken care of on the interior and exterior.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 9:34pm
We probably sold a couple dozen of them while i was at the car dealership. Boss has a home on the west coast of Florida and for something to do he would go to dealer car auctions in Florida. He shipped a bunch of them to Iowa. They were not a bad car. Then we sold several "NEW BEATLE" convertibles.   They were not a good car.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:16pm
200Tom, what was the VW's problems?  Not that I'm going to buy one.  I've got plenty of "convertibles", all my AC's and others.  
Shameless, I can just picture you and the old lady, er loving wife, and the "Kids" riding around the country with the top down in that Chrysler!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:08am
yeah John...I pictured that too...but it's to late now, someone else grabbed it right after I turned it back in! oh well!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 6:57am
Where did you bury that can full of money.....? Darrel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:53pm
Bet it wasn't anywhere near ND
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 6:55am
I guess he doesn't want to tell me where he buried it. Maybe I'll send a drone with a camera down to his place and look for fresh diggins. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:37am
 Hey Darrel,,Glad to hear bout your Grandson,,,great news,,!!
 I try to keep a close watch on ole Shameless's doins on Google earth,,,,but I;ll give you a clue,,,,Wink whenever he does any new diggins he always parks one of his trks or equipments on top of the new diggins or, the re-burials,,,, so,,,,,,,,,I went and gots  a program that not only looks down but ,,,,,,,sideways too, heh, heh, heh
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:59am
Had one rag top in my life, '67Impala, novelty wore off real fast!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:47am
Jo Jo has her 55' T-bird with removable top, but I haven't taken the top off yet since she's owned it. She doesn't like her hair blowin' all around, so she's happy with the top on....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:22am
I enjoy meeting convertibles in curves when I'm driving the spreader truck and it loaded. There's usually a nice light fog of dust blowing off as we go down the road. Wonder how many of them put the top up and trap the smell? Bet it's fun the next day. Especially in the heat of summer

Edited by thendrix - 13 Jun 2019 at 5:58pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 4:51pm
My wife said that we needed this ride when she became 65. Orange is the fleet color here so it fit right in. 2011 SS.  This is what you should be looking for Shameless. 

Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:49pm
that's a good looker Cal! prolly outta my price range! I remember going to work one day and met a Camero convertible, 2 gals was riding up on the back of the seat and had pulled their "tops" up. I called the old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife...(she works at the cop shop) and told her what was headed for town...she told sum officers that were in the building and said they about took the doors off the hinges trying to get out at the same time! lol
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:12am
 I tell youse guys,,,,them police are always quick to get to the scene to assist us,,ain't they,,,,,Clap
  Hey Calvin   thas a sweet lookin ride for sure,,,(was talkin bout the driver) Clap She prolly used to like drag racin,,,!!!Clap My son used to have a 2010,,,426 HP of pure Chevy power in the SS,,,and, even the six banger is 300 HP. He kept it for 5 years and had to put 3 sets of ta'ars on it in that time,,,,,,

Go ahead and try one,, Shameless,, just think,,you could (and prolly would) let you ha'ar grow out and let her fly,,,!!!!Clap I doubt them police cars could keep up with the V8,,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 7:45pm
awwwww shucks...I still gots that Willys, it don't have no top on it, and that's what she wants!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

What was at the dealership, Dale?
I bought a old Scout almost two years ago, still haven't gotten it running....

Have you talked to DJ about it??  What have you got to barter with?  If'n he comes up, you better have it under a tree so he can work on it....

I've had two converts and don't care for another.  First one was a 59 Impala.  Came with a 6 banger and I put a 327 4 on the floor into it.  Second one was a 67 GTO.  Wish I had that one back though.  Traded it in for a family. Ouch
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:08pm
and now Ted wish he had the GTO back to trade again
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 4:33pm
GTO   GAS TIRES OIL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic