This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decelerator HD11E 1968 model

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decelerator HD11E 1968 model
    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:30am
A question on decelerator on HD11E please. My 1968 model, direct drive, doesn't have a decelerator pedal function. There's no plumbing for one, so is it safe to assume one was never fitted?
Were decelerators an optional extra/special equipment on HD11E's?

Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:25am
cant say for sure on 11's but they were optional on 16's o my guess is yes especially that late.   I put one on my direct drive 16 its a 59'.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:39am
Thanks Joel, much appreciated.
So, it begs the question - why did you put one on your 16? To help reduce torque shock on the transmission, help to improve longer life on final drives etc?

Begs another question too. Why would AC release a crawler without a decelerator? My limited understanding of decelerators suggests they are most useful, if not essential?

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 8:55am
i push a lot of trees,  so its alot of shifting and back and forth.  I figure its easier on the clutch and driveline to clutch and shift at low rpm and speed back up than just leaving engine wide open.  otherwise its another arm motion to pull the lever and you know there is plenty to control on these machines.

its nice in dirt work too as i like to use R2 because R1 is soooo slow.  after pushing, throttle down, clutch, shift to reverse and accelerate to about half throttle. when im back to my pushing spot,  throttle down, clutch, shift and let her rip.  just handier to manipulate the machine i think.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:10am
Originally posted by CAL(KS) CAL(KS) wrote:

i push a lot of trees,  so its alot of shifting and back and forth.  I figure its easier on the clutch and driveline to clutch and shift at low rpm and speed back up than just leaving engine wide open.  otherwise its another arm motion to pull the lever and you know there is plenty to control on these machines.

its nice in dirt work too as i like to use R2 because R1 is soooo slow.  after pushing, throttle down, clutch, shift to reverse and accelerate to about half throttle. when im back to my pushing spot,  throttle down, clutch, shift and let her rip.  just handier to manipulate the machine i think.

Thank you for that. Got it, makes a lot of good sense. Might have to look at fitting a decelerator.
Dana Hobson View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dana Hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 9:39pm
My 68 HD-11E direct drive has a decellerator pedal that I think is stock. Serial number 12887.
Dana Hobson

Perry, OK

B,WD-45,D-10,D-12,D-14,D-15,D-17,D-19,D-21,200,7060, HD11E,Gleaner L2
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 6:39pm
If you are bulldozing short distances (frequent direction changes), fit one if your tractor does not have one. So much easier on all of the drive line.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:35am
If you don't have a parts book have a look on line at Minnpar and see what shows
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Ian Beale Ian Beale wrote:

If you don't have a parts book have a look on line at Minnpar and see what shows

Thanks Ian.  Have parts & service manuals. It shows the decelerator setup in detail.
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Dana Hobson Dana Hobson wrote:

My 68 HD-11E direct drive has a decellerator pedal that I think is stock. Serial number 12887.

Thanks Dana. Apparently decelerators weren't standard to all dozers. Pity, they obviously have a very useful function.
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Mactractor Mactractor wrote:

If you are bulldozing short distances (frequent direction changes), fit one if your tractor does not have one. So much easier on all of the drive line.

Kia ora Mac. Agreed, but I've decided to sell the HD11E.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic