This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plastic Mulch layer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic Mulch layer?
    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:42pm
Who makes the best plastic mulch layer for the money? Raised and flat bed types. Thanks Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Sponsored Links

200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 9:08am
Watching this post.
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:23am
Tracy, when I quit growing tobacco I tried habinerio peppers. I borrowed a layer that Was probably top of the line. It had hydraulic device to compensate for tractor movement. Worked great. All I know that it was green. The next year I built one, it formed a ridge and and lays drip tape ,works good on flat ground if you go straight. Kind of crude but it works in a small garden.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 3:42pm
I just want a pretty simple one for garden and berries. I can make one but don't really have the time, but might have to. Pics would be great. Thanks Tracy
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:56pm
They're pretty much all the same, IMHO. Newer ones will have more goodies on them, but you get what you pay for.  Since you wanted pix, I included the link, below.  Don't buy from this guy, he's a grade A asshat, and his prices are always sky high...

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:21am
Mechanical transplanter builds a rather cheap one . check for a distributor in middle tn

Edited by allisrutledge - 11 Jun 2019 at 8:23am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 8:38am
Hix brothers in Cookville are dealers. Mechanical transplanter web page shows a model 85 and a 90 . check those out,there may be others
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:49pm
Mechanical Transplanter looks like the ticket, if I buy one, or copy it for that matter! Thanks Tracy
ibleedorange View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibleedorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 8:06am
Tracy, I worked for a grower the last 7 years that closed up shop last year. The Mechanical Transplanter  model worked great. Very simple just like me. I thought it was pricey for what it was but I bought it used for her, so pretty good deal. 

By the way, do you have any more of those beautiful lift handles for the G front lift?

Jeff
Tractors; If it runs, use it. Motorcycles: Ride em like today is your last day.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 8:53am
Jeff, I think it is the way to go. I have a couple left of the handles. I am not making any more of them. Thanks Tracy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic