This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD11 - What year?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD11 - What year?
    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 6:50pm
Hello All from Australia,

New here, just joined your Forum. Great looking forum with lots of info & experienced hands.

Recently purchased a HD11E(AG) to restore. I can't pin the year down, previous owner not sure either. Serial# HD11-13404, Engine# 11-14903, Engine series 11000, which I think is a 516ci (8.5L) turbocharged, 130hp?

No previous experience with AC crawler dozers but keen to get this one back into the paddock.

I did a search of the Forum but couldn't find a list of HD11 serial/year numbers.

Appreciate any advice please?

Regards, Dingo55
WWG1WGA

Sponsored Links

exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:06pm
Now that's funny.LOL
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:53pm
That's what happens exSW when you come from the Land Downunder
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:48pm
1965 started with 10533, American numbers, that is.  Don't know if Aussie numbers jive with that, once I heard that in Australia, they had their own production numbers...
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

1965 started with 10533, American numbers, that is.  Don't know if Aussie numbers jive with that, once I heard that in Australia, they had their own production numbers...

I suspect that if it was assembled in Oz then the numbers were different.  Allis had a plant here and our AC Forty Five was an exercise in what year US equivalent.  Done by parts book and "Has this, doesn't have that" methodology.

I'd guess that dozers would not have been assembled locally - if equipment like blades etc were locally manufactured and added then the import duty was lower.  Not sure who did this for Allis but Armstrong Holland did BE equipment for IH.

By the look of the tyne swivel pins on that ripper it might be "PacAce"

Edited by Ian Beale - 03 Jun 2019 at 11:44pm
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 1:39am
G'day Ian, what's PacAce?
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 3:18am
Looks like it's a 1968 model HD11E.

I got this from Brendan Hunt at Phil Hunt Parts, Tamworth NSW Australia:

By your Serial Number the Year of Manufacture should be 1968.

In 1968 they made Machines 13,131 to 13,656.

E. brendan@philhuntparts.com.au

W. www.philhuntparts.com.au

Brendan does parts for AC, FiatAllis, JD, Hanomag, Clark, TwinDisc, Champion, MF

Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Dingo55 Dingo55 wrote:

G'day Ian, what's PacAce?

Brand of rippers - just a punt on the type of tyne swivel
levipatch View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levipatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:58am
Halfway around the world... go any farther and yo on the way back
Billy..Big cam 300, bcam 400,,941 CAT.,,Deere excavator..900 row crop.. 66 D 17 diesel IV... 985 Pratt and Whitney..4360 Pratt and Whitney... gitten tired !
Dingo55 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:09am
Spent a couple of years in NC at Ft Bragg. Y'all have a nice day now, ya hear.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic