This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another dang project,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:24pm
 Yeah,,Shameless,,I've read a lot bout the JB Weld,,6 of them bad and a half dozen all good,,,But when you read the specs for the stuff,,,it is pretty impressive,,! Now the naysayers must of used the lower quality JB as there are sevgeral "grades" of JB but most places like Walmart only carry the cheeper grade but the really GOOD stuff is available on line from the bigger distributors. The JB at walmart was only 550° capability but the stuff I ordered was 1200° and if thet little ole massey ever sees them kind of temps,,,they ain't anything else gonna stay together,,,,,
 I used my 4 1/2" grinder on this material this mornin and it is HARD as the parent metal,,,I was gonna dress down the excess on the liner repair but CHIT ain't nobody gonna be lookin inside the engine,,,,,,Wink
 For years the place I used to work at used the high priced Belzona with great success but it was not the better grade and seems like it was only 700°,,,The really, really expensive Belzona was  even better buy like I said,,,very expensive,,you could almost go buy a new pump case for what you paid for the repairs,,,,,
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:43am
Sounds like you might have that tractor pull off with Shameless and his lawn mower after all. Good to hear the JB job went well. Now to get a manifold, paint her up, and get ahold of them tractor assembling honeys, you'll be in like Flynn.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 3:23am
shucks Chaz...he's always gloat'in about all his machines he's gots...he should just make a manifold! just sum used well pipe and a bunch of JB weld, and a little angle grinding! what else he gots to do???? (stick strikes again)
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:31am
Shammers, he doesn't want his equipment lookin like yours. Poke, Poke Wink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:31am
Cat did not use JB Weld, they use DEVCON, has a serious amount of metallic materials in it and gets hard enough to machine. Used that stuff to repair the seating surfaces on the 3208s for the Injection pump mount.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:38am
DJ, you prolly haven't fully decided yet, but if you are going to sell this little Fergie, are you going to mention about the fantabulous JB job when they ask about the old mended hole in the block or wait till after the sale? That's if you are selling her. I know I know tough question.

Edited by chaskaduo - 09 Jun 2019 at 7:39am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:21am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

shucks Chaz...he's always gloat'in about all his machines he's gots...he should just make a manifold! just sum used well pipe and a bunch of JB weld, and a little angle grinding! what else he gots to do???? (stick strikes again)

Chit,,Shameless,,,you one step ahead of most people,,, but,,,,,,not me,,,!! Ya see,,,my imagination is limited only by not having seen what the original manifold looked like but,,,,,but,,,I been skechin up my own design for buildin one,,!!! Yes Sir,,,!! just need 4 pieces of 1 1/4" tubing for the intake and,,,and  just 4 more pieces of same size  tubing for them headers I gonna build,,weld it all up and Presto,,,instant intake/exhaust manifold,,,,,!!!Clap 
 Fact is,,,You 'member thet Geo 3 cylinder I been wantin to put in my Kawasaki Mule,,,,,?? Well,,with ole Fixer's help,,I finally figured out how to put a spark in the Geo engine and got it to run even without a manifold AT ALL,,,,!!! just gotta keep sprayin some WD40 into the intake ports after it starts,,,,course you gotta stay out of the way of the exhaust ports blowin straight at you,,,,,WinkWink I just bout got That intake manifold built but ain't yet decided whether to put a Harley Screaming Eagle carb or a single barrel carb from am early )gasp) FordClap 
 Just wished I had a small mill tho,,,,,,,,Clap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:28am
 OH,,,and Chask,,,,,by the time I get done with this thing,,,,you ain't ever gonna know it ever been touched,,,,,Clap  Ya see,,after the JB repairs had bout 48 hours to set up good and hard,,,I ground thet stuff down nice and level,,,then used some Bondo and filled in the rough edges,,,run the needle gun all over everything for that "cast" look and Presto,,,,Brand new block,,,,,!!! Motto here is " Don't ask,,Don't tell" Wink
 What you think bout them apples,,,,???LOLLOL

Edited by desertjoe - 09 Jun 2019 at 9:30am
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Chit,,Shameless,,,you one step ahead of most people,,, but,,,,,,not me,,,!! Ya see,,,my imagination is limited only by not having seen what the original manifold looked like but,,,,,but,,,I been skechin up my own design for buildin one,,!!! Yes Sir,,,!! just need 4 pieces of 1 1/4" tubing for the intake and,,,and  just 4 more pieces of same size  tubing for them headers I gonna build,,weld it all up and Presto,,,instant intake/exhaust manifold,,,,,!!!Clap 
 Fact is,,,You 'member thet Geo 3 cylinder I been wantin to put in my Kawasaki Mule,,,,,?? Well,,with ole Fixer's help,,I finally figured out how to put a spark in the Geo engine and got it to run even without a manifold AT ALL,,,,!!! just gotta keep sprayin some WD40 into the intake ports after it starts,,,,course you gotta stay out of the way of the exhaust ports blowin straight at you,,,,,WinkWink I just bout got That intake manifold built but ain't yet decided whether to put a Harley Screaming Eagle carb or a single barrel carb from am early )gasp) FordClap 
 Just wished I had a small mill tho,,,,,,,,Clap

A single barrel from a 300 6 is the biggest piece of chit ever built.
An older one maybe from a small 6 or a 223 maybe but not a yfa or any variation. You’d be better off buyin Wd40 by the case and using the shade tree direct injection that you are presently using.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:05pm
Don't ask don't tell. Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:24pm
  A single barrel from a 300 6 is the biggest piece of chit ever built.
An older one maybe from a small 6 or a 223 maybe but not a yfa or any variation. You’d be better off buyin Wd40 by the case and using the shade tree direct injection that you are presently using.

Dang,,,,I'm kinda glad I didn't say something wrong,,LOLLOL,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:24am
dump another engine in it and make it a pull'in tractor!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 7:52am

dump another engine in it and make it a pull'in tractor!

Well,,I would,,Shameless,,,but I done promised the 427 for that Jeep of yours,,,,,,,,Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:55pm
"that" Jeep of mine is gonna stay original....I hope!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 1:06pm
I have had better like with PC7, it takes the weather changes better than JB weld, I have even used it to repair sand stone monuments.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

<span style=": rgb254, 252, 212; color: rgb0, 0, 36;">A single barrel from a 300 6 is the biggest piece of chit ever built.</span>
<span style="color: rgb0, 0, 36; : rgb254, 252, 212;">An older one maybe from a small 6 or a 223 maybe but not a yfa or any variation. You’d be better off buyin Wd40 by the case and using the shade tree direct injection that you are presently using.</span>
<span style="color: rgb0, 0, 36; : rgb254, 252, 212;"> </span>
<span style="color: rgb0, 0, 36; : rgb254, 252, 212;">Dang,,,,I'm kinda glad I didn't say something wrong,,LOLLOL,</span>

😁😁 yes I’m not a Carter YFA fan for sure. It’s hard to imagine a carb that will push more gas through a 300 cube engine than a big 4 barrel can push through a 460 cube inch motor but yet be so slow and gutless. 7 mpg and 0 to 60 in 5 minutes and 37 seconds.
Now I just got to thinking. I’d trade you one nice clean Carter YFA for that screaming eagle. I’ll even pay the freight.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 10:59pm
  Now I just got to thinking. I’d trade you one nice clean Carter YFA for that screaming eagle. I’ll even pay the freight

Well,,,My Friend,,,You are the one that talked me into buy'in thet Screaming Eagle,,,,and,,,,and,,,so far,,it's my first choice to feed the monster Geo,,,,wait'll you get a look at the manifold I'm buildin for it,,,,,,,more to come later,,,,,,Wink

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:18pm
PICTURES,,,,,,,,,PICTURES!!!

WE
              WANT
                               PICTURES!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 10:50am
Ted's being a Walter again.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:06pm
and old Joe's acting like shameless - no pictures
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 3:46pm
  Now see here Tadams,,,,,,,I'm tryin,,,I really am,,,!! but my Stupid,,smart phone just can't seem to understand that "I" ahem,,,(the owner) am wantin to post pics and it still refuses to cooperate,,,,,I have downloaded 4 different methods from Youtube with NO luck yet,,, Fact is,,,I got my last smart phone out and am recharging it  cause I did not have any issues with it transferring pics to the PC,,,,I'm hopin I do NOT have to reactivate the service just so I can take pics with it and then transfer to the PC
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:28pm
 ALSO,,,Tadams,,,I've sent ole Shameless 3 different phones all set up to take pics,,,but,NOOooooooo he just don't want to ,,,thet guy,,,,,LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm
Call DJ anything you want except Shameless. Wink
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 12:08am
Now Chass,,,,,,,,,what's wrong with being a Walter?  He's ALWAYS right....kinda like my wife...DJ, ain't you got any 5 or 6 year old kids living around you????   All you gotta do is give em a nice shiny dollar bill and ast em how to do it.  BUT FIRST,,,,,,,tell em to show you REAL SLOW....otherwise you're out a buck and still don't know.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 8:50am
Absolutely nothing wrong with being a Walter if that is right for you.  He reminds me of this guy Ted from La Crosse WI.  Great Fella, Nice Guy, Wonderful Person, A Dyed In The Wool Screech I know I know we are getting a little carried away here. Say Hi to Bubba J
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 1:01pm
HI Bubba J
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic