This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another dang project,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I didn’t go pick up another Jeep. Just sayin.

Well,,Thad,,I just KNEW ole Shameless was gonna wanna make me pay for that little slip on "The Deal Of The Month",,,,and,,,,and,,,maybe even the deal of the ,,,,,,YEAR,,,yes,,!!
 Ya see,,,,the only'ist thing I gots missin now is the intake and maybe the radiator, but Ms Granpa's Tractor has assurred me she will bring  em to me soon. 
 I been moving stuff around to where I can roll it off the trailer and under my favorite shade tree to begin the project,,,,,,LOL 
  Do you happen to know what the metallurgy is on the block? I'm gonna have to weld up the air condition port on the right side of the block. From what I can see, it is just in the crankcase and not in the cooing water.Clap
  I don't know,,,,I might of shot myself in the foot by steal,,,er,,,by buyin this Massey before goin and gettin ole Shameless's tractor,,,so don't YOU go doin the same thing and forfitting your Jeep,,,,,,,WinkLOL

You don’t reckon he still has a windmill sittin is somebody’s way do ya ??? He better not be yankin the rug out from under me on my Jeep.
Sponsored Links

Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:47pm
TEA-20 : Tractor made in England with a continental engine Z120, 120 CID, 25 PTO HP
TEA-2080 : Tractor made in England with a Standard engine that has 113 CID, 24 PTO HP, cylinder has 80 mm diameter (then 20-80)
TEA-2085 : Tractor made in England with a Standard engine that has 127 CID, 28 PTO HP, cylinder has 85 mm diameter (then 20-85)
TO-20 : Tractor made in Overseas, then TO; made in USA, with a continental engine Z120, 120 CID, 25 PTO HP
TO-30 : Tractor made in Overseas, then TO; made in USA, with a continental engine Z129, 129 CID, 29 PTO HP
All tractors above have 4 speed tranny
TO-35 : Tractor made in Overseas, then TO; made in USA, with a continental engine Z134, 134 CID, 32 PTO HP, 6 speed tranny
FE-35 : Tractor made in UK, with a continental engine Z134, 134 CID, 32 PTO HP, 6 speed tranny

B:-)       Dnoym

Edited by Dnoym N. S. Can. - 04 May 2019 at 6:51pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:44pm
   You don’t reckon he still has a windmill sittin is somebody’s way do ya,,??

Naw,,Thad,,,ole Les told me the brand new windmill he gave ole Shameless is still sittin under bout 3 feet of ,,,,,snow in IOWA,,!!  SO,,,,the coast be clear whenever you wanna go do a quick road trip and load both them machines and skedadle while he's takin a napClap 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:47pm

Hey Dnoyn,,,many thanks for the info,,,I appreciate your time, Buddy.Clap WoW,,,you mean my little ole TO20 gots a whopping 25 HP,,,  HMMmmmmm,,,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:56pm
my lawn mower has more HP than that!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

UMmmmmm you gonna wanna do a friendly tractor pull,,,,????Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 11:26pm
Joe right now  it sounds like your TO has no horse power at all.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:01am
 CHASK,,,,!!!!!!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 7:26am

Joe, I think that you cut ole Shameless deep. He hasn't got much good to say about your "deal of the month!" Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 5:26am
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Joe, I think that you cut ole Shameless deep. He hasn't got much good to say about your "deal of the month!" Darrel

Ya think so,,Darrel,,,??? I figured there ain't much that bothers that old guy,,,,he,,,,he,,,just ain't gonna pass up an opportunity to poke ole Joe,,,,,LOL 
 I check him out on Google Earth every so often and see him on the back porch and them filngs just flyin out,,,him sharpenin his poker'er stick,,,and,,,and,,you can't miss thet evil lookin grin on his face,,,,,,,WinkWink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:43pm
 Well,,I do gots a bit of an update,,,but I got to plead like ole Shameless SO I gots no pics as I just cannot seem to get the hang of my new IPhone to transfer pics to the PC for Chit,,!!
 Anyway,,,with some very good help from ole LeonR2013,,,i finally got all my chit together and got the donor patch welded in on the block where the #4 rod cap came out the block. I used the Nickel 55 rod and I'll tell youse Guys,,that is some great rod for cast iron as it flows like butter and adhears to the parent metal better than any other cast iron rod I've ever used,,,Many Thanks,,Leon,,,!!! I used up all but one rod out of a 1# tube and only had two little bitty seeps with the diesel test. I'm gonna gouge em out tamarrow and fill em up and redo the Diesel  test and I'll bet they will not leak no more.
 I got a set of sleeves and pistons and will start the re-assembly when I get a question resolved, so here goes.
 When the #4 rod cap let go,,it also broke a small piece of the block at the very bottom of the #4 liner location. Right now there is only enough meat for ONE of the TWO sealing O-Rings on the liner. Ya'll thinkONE O-Ring would be enough?? I seriously don't think that could be fixed by welding but am thinking bout using some BELZONA or maybe even JB Weld and use the old liner as a "mold" and build the Belzona up to the block,,???? The broke piece is bout 1" wide X 1/2" high.  Any thoughts on this,,??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 11:06pm
maybe shoulda bought another engine outta a nuther tractor huh? like one I gots sitting out back with nuthin to do?
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:29am
I don't think that Cheby engine will fit in a Fergi...

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 5:19am
DJ... email the pix from your i(diot)Phone to your PC.It's the ONLY way wife can get pictures...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 6:03am

Hey Jay,,,why,,you just go right ahead and tell me HOW to Email a pic to the PC,,,,and you'll be quite welcome,,,,,Clap What address do I use,,??

Shameless,!!!,,,,,Shameless,!!!!,,,,,,you been havin thet Massey engine all this time I been strugglin on finding one for parts,,,????????? For reals GOOD BUDDY,,,??? UMMmmmm,,,is it,,,,is it,,for sale,,,???  How soon can you deliver,,,,OOoopps,,I didn't mean exactly how that one came out,, Talk to me, me friend,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:58am
Shameless you play nice now. Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:07am
Just came across this TO 30 for parts, I can see the manifold and it should work.

In case you know who isn't gonna play nice. Wink
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:42pm
Joe, where's the piece that was knocked out of the block? Or was it lost when they pulled the pan?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:16pm
 Hey Thanks Chask,,,but that right there is a Massey Harris which is prolly different than my Massey Ferguson. The engine in the pic looks different as well,,,Many thanks Tho,,,Clap I gots a text in to the guy to make sure which engine that massey Harris has.

Leon,,I did ask Ms Big Ones if she would ask her Granpa, if he kept the busted out piece but no luck,,,even offered her a nominal dollar amount  for it,,,,,WinkWink
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:55pm
Joe your phone and computer uses the same email so if you email the picture to yourself it will come back to the phone and computer.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 3:08pm
Sorry Joe, I don't know what the hey I was thinkin. It says Massey Harris right plain as day. I don't do dope so I must be a dope. Wacko  But I'll still keep my not so eagle eye out for ya. Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 3:44pm
 Hey THANKS, Tom,,,I'll give it a try here in a little bit.Clap

No Preblems,,Chask,,It's whats in a man's heart that I concern myself with,,,,Clap
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 9:30pm
A couple tires and rims and maybe a bit of paint and that MH would be a fine unit!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:54am
 You bet John,,thas my motto,,,," They Can All Be Fixed,,,some just take a bit more time,,,,and dollars"Clap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 8:17pm
 OK,,A bit of an update on the little Massey.
 I HAVE A GOOD BLOCK,,,,!!!!!  Yep,,Yep,,,after a good amount of Nickel 55 weld rod, 13 grinder discs and some cussin and more cussing,,,,,I finally can say this block is ready for some re-assembly and put a spark in it,,,,,Yea,,!! I gouged out the three seep areas and rewelded and then had one other seep but finally can say there are NO Leaks from this area,,!!Clap
 On the chunk  of the block broke out of the very bottom of the liner area,,here's how I fixed it,,,and NO LAUGHING,,,,,Wink I took the old liner,  cleaned both O-Ring grooves and then ground the grooves a little bit deeper and wider. Mixed up some JB Weld and filled the grooves with this JB Weld,,,,,let it set up and chucked the liner in the lathe and machined the excess filler off the liner. 
  Tamarrow, I'm gonna wrap some foil around the area where the O-Rings go, Very carefully set the liner in the block, then fill the broke out area with hi temp JB Weld,,alowing the foil / liner  to be a "form" so to speak,,,,,Clap With any luck,,the JB Weld should set on the foil / liner and provide "area" for the second O-Ring. Only'ist problem might be getting the liner back out if the foil doesn't provide a good "form"?
 What Ya'll think bout my shade tree repairs,,,,,???Wink Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do,,,,,,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 06 Jun 2019 at 8:19pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:36pm
I thinks....you is eating to many muhlberries!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 9:07am
Well,,,Shameless,,,as a fact of the matter,,,I HAVE been eating them Mulberrys this year as I read where any of the darker color fruit is the one that  has most of the medicinal  goody,,,,I know the ants, the flies and the Mocking birds can't all be wrong,,,,and,,,,and,,,if you can't beat em you just as well join em,,,,Chit,, my Momma didn't raise no fools,,,,,,Wink

Wink They was just bout gone and the last storm we had,,, pretty much knocked most of em off the tree,,,,,,
 NOW for all the DANG clean up of back yard,,,,,,
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 1:49pm
Somewhere I read about a guy who repaired the cylinders on his tractor with JB weld, I'm thinking it was an old JD.  I just can't believe it would hold up long.  Might work for you, Joe, you seem to have the touch.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 6:54pm
 Well,,,,Fellars,,,I lucked out,,,I DID,,!! The shade tree repairs I did to the Massey block in the area where the ORings for the liners go,,look to have been good,,,,,,Clap I had a bit of an issue getting the liner out of the block this mornin,,,then the foil had stuck to the JB Weld and after some careful peeling off the foil,,,,Presto,,,!!! the JB looks to be part of the block with nary a visible defect,,cannot feel any line where the two metals join,,Clap
 Since I'm now past this biggest hurdle,,I'm gonna start the re-assembly and see what this mofo sounds like,,,chit,,I still ain't fount me a manifold,,,maybe I'll send ole Les some money to go get the one on ole Shameless's TO35,,,'sides,,,, he ain't using it,,,,Wink
 It's a relief,,now I know the block ain't junk,,at least for now,,,,Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 9:40pm
shucks...if CAT can use JBweld on their heads, it should be good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic