This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spin out wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spin out wheels
    Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:09pm
Finally barely got my "57 WD 45 home.
 Why barely?This thing is 7'3" wide,and the haul trailer was 7' between the wheel wells.
So,my question is there a trick to getting the rims to power in and out?
I do have the eccentrics loose.
Sponsored Links

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:31pm
Loosen the eccentrics on one wheel at a time.
Set the stop on the wheel you are adjusting where you think you want the width to be,
place in gear and "gently" engage  the clutch......I can't remember low or reverse to narrow the tread width, but that will be obvious when the wheel begins to move.
When you tighten the eccentrics back up, do the bottom one first.
The manual will give you better directions.
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:54pm
Thank you for the reply. Will give it a try tomorrow.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm
If they have not been loosened in a while, the eccentrics will be VERY hard to turn. Don't be in a hurry. Spray them with a good penetrating oil for a few days before trying them. I use a 3/4" drive 3/4" impact socket with a 40" breaker bar and sometimes I have to use a pipe, too.

Eat your Wheaties before you start !!!

Edit: I just reread and see that you have the eccentrics loose. You have the worst part done! Sorry!!!

Edited by WF owner - 15 Apr 2019 at 8:34pm
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:11am
M,
 We need some pictures of the new toy! Dont tease us like that. Yes the eccentrics can be a bugger. Surprised that you got them loose. Some one must have put never sieze on them not long ago!:)
I have never actually used the feature to move the wheel spacing in. I should try it just for fun sometime.
Regard,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:12am
Well actually I only have the right side loose.I was trying it before I moved to the other side.I have been spraying them daily.
 Sorry I can't post pictures.The tractor is not pristine by any accountSmile
 I think I bought it pretty cheap just for a hobby and to mow my 8 acres.
The sheet metal on the front is pretty good,the fenders are pretty rough,and it smokes some,but runs pretty decent.
 The back tires are pretty good but had to replace the fronts.

I have always liked the looks of these tractors,but never really messed with one.The getting on and off part is difficult,and the foot clutch is awkward for a short fatty like me.

Edited by mhankins - 16 Apr 2019 at 9:20am
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:38am
Success!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:27pm
Can't post pics cuz you don't know how or cuz it's not pristine? Even if not pristine, most would like to see it anyway. We can teach if you don't know how.
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:48pm
I don't know how to post pics.
 I can take some with my phone,but most sites say you have to have an image hosting site.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:35pm
You have to go to the post reply you cant do it form thequick reply select yhe picture with the up arrow and follow the upload prompts.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 4:53pm
Yea we can help with pictures. Take them and folks on here like Dakota Dave mentioned can help you get them loaded! We love pictures. Remember pictures, or it didnt happen!:) No pressure!
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 17 Apr 2019 at 4:53pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 6:18pm
I always goto the 'member control panel', then select 'file manager' ,then choose 'new upload( or something), browse my computer for the picture, click upload, say OK and magically it gets store on the server. We get 80MB of storage, so about 240  VGA or 'email' qulaity pictures.
THEN  when I post  a message, I insert the photo from my 'file manager' list of pictures. usually I set the size to 640 by 480 (VGA/email).
I've never done an 'upload/insert' from PC to msg and I think it may be a pain from 'smart' devices......
Having the pictures stored on the server is handy when a 2nd or 3rd person wants info, I can quickly look for a picture and post it.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 7:54pm
I posted from my phone recently for the first time. Trouble I had was picture size and rotation. Will take practice.
20190417_193412_2019-04-17_19-50-53.jpg
This from my phone. If I use tree icon it rotates out of sync. I clicked on file icon
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by mhankins mhankins wrote:

Well actually I only have the right side loose.I was trying it before I moved to the other side.I have been spraying them daily.
 Sorry I can't post pictures.The tractor is not pristine by any accountSmile
 I think I bought it pretty cheap just for a hobby and to mow my 8 acres.
The sheet metal on the front is pretty good,the fenders are pretty rough,and it smokes some,but runs pretty decent.
 The back tires are pretty good but had to replace the fronts.

I have always liked the looks of these tractors,but never really messed with one.The getting on and off part is difficult,and the foot clutch is awkward for a short fatty like me.

A friend of mine made me a longer clutch pedal rod.  It was great, me being vertically impaired
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:00am

"A friend of mine made me a longer clutch pedal rod.  It was great, me being vertically impaired"
 That would help.What little I have been able to run it because of the rain and soft ground ,,I find it easier to use the hand clutch.
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:02am
I will try to get pictures of it,if the rain ever stops!
But I guess in the rain it would look a little shinier!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:59am
Myself I prefer work cloths over a show queen any day. Good job on the wheel adjustment.đź‘Ť
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:34pm
It tells me that the file size is too big.3.2mb needs to be no larger that 2mb
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:26pm
Not a expert here on the pictures ,but I reduce mine to 640 x 480.
Regards,
 Chris
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Not a expert here on the pictures ,but I reduce mine to 640 x 480.
Regards,
 Chris

How do you reduce them? I don’t get the option from my phone.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:59pm
I reduce my picture size with software/ app called "Imgur" its kind of like photobucket only friendlier!
Regards,
 Chris
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:27pm
I upload pictures from my phone to my computer, then open them in Paint and resize them to 10% of original.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:05am
To reduce a photo size on your phone, try these two things before you snap your new photo.

1st thing: Go to your phone’s settings for the camera & choose a non-HDR (High Definition Resolution) photo setting. On my older iphone4, I could shortcut this by opening the camera like you’re going to snap a new photo, but while the camera is live, tap on resolution icon & switch it to low or normal. HDR photos are bigger file sizes.
2nd thing: Once you’ve snapped your new photo, open it & edit it. In editing it, you will find a “crop” option. Crop out the unwanted background. Save it. Now it’s smaller in file size.
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:28am

Hopefully it workedSmile

Edited by mhankins - 19 Apr 2019 at 9:30am
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 10:53pm
Hi.
Yes, your pictures posted from the links. 
Looks good from here. 
I noticed a bracket on the front. 
If you don't know what that's for, it's for the front part of a 2 row cultivator.
There should be another one like it for the other side. 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
mhankins View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhankins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:43am
It only has the bracket on one side
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic