This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Two Row Planter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Two Row Planter
    Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
Hello ! I just joined the forum looking to get some info on a planter I just picked up. I bought a CA with a cultivator and two row planter, and for the life of me I can’t find the model number of the planter. I’ve never used one so I’d like to track down a manual.
Sponsored Links

SGTJ View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:02pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:03pm
those early planters were referred as rear mounted drill planter. I might have manual. You have a nice little collection there,

Edited by Mikez - 15 Apr 2019 at 1:06pm
SGTJ View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:05pm
I just attached some pictures - they didn’t take to my original post
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:28pm
My father bought a planter exactly like that in 1950 with a WD, planted about 25-30 acres a year and converted it to a 4 row in about 1970. Just sold it about 1yr. ago. I still have the WD.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:16pm
No real model number, AFAIK, we always called them wd planters. That one bolts to the drawbar, and has chains or flat bars to the lift arms...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 15 Apr 2019 at 5:17pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
SGTJ View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 8:31am
I was able to hook it up to the CA easy enough, and I went through and greased everything.  It still had some corn in it, so I turned it over by hand and it seemed to work alright.

Should I just give up looking for a manual?  After spending some time tinkering with it, it seems pretty straight forward (or at least so I think)
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by SGTJ SGTJ wrote:

I was able to hook it up to the CA easy enough, and I went through and greased everything.  It still had some corn in it, so I turned it over by hand and it seemed to work alright.

Should I just give up looking for a manual?  After spending some time tinkering with it, it seems pretty straight forward (or at least so I think)

Never give up looking.  Sometimes they show up on fleabay, I've had better luck, by going to tractor shows, there is a loose network of manual dealers, that kinda follow the tractor show circuit, at least around here, in MD, and SEPA...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Leonard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 8:19pm
I bought mine off ebay about a month ago.  There were still a few on there when I bought mine. 

Leonard
B, 1950 WD, 3 1955 WD45, 1955 WD45D, 1969 190XT, 90 All Crop, Gleaner C2, and multiple sc implements, a david bradly rake and poo spreader(grandpa's), Deutz Allis 440HD small square baler, and others
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic