This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ready to go pulling with the new to me toter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ready to go pulling with the new to me toter
    Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 4:07pm
I now have the Astro ready to haul my tractors. Or first pull will be this Saturday. I hope to see some other 2500 pound pullers, although I'm betting none will show as they would rather pull somewhere else than be beaten.

If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm
Nice road tractor ,, does it have the screaming Detroit in it ?

Edited by DougG - 10 Apr 2019 at 5:32pm
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:27am
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Nice road tractor ,, does it have the screaming Detroit in it ?

No: This one has a real diesel, a Formula 290. This truck is nearly identical to a 79 that I had back when I was an OO. Back then I has also previously had. 69 that had the piss poor 238DD. After that truck, I swore I’d never own another Dogtroit. As for cabovers, I have always liked the Astro cab.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 4:17pm

Nice looking Tractor hauling rig. You got loaded I See.   Im going pulling in 2500 even if I'm the only one.  If they lift  the speed limit I wonder if my stock engine will make a decent pull in 3rd gear in the 2500 open class.

JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 6:25pm
What???? No 4 dr diesel 4x4 dually with a $75,000 price tag???? You will never win. You ain't doin it right!!!! Have fun,
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:54am
Originally posted by JayIN JayIN wrote:

What???? No 4 dr diesel 4x4 dually with a $75,000 price tag???? You will never win. You ain't doin it right!!!! Have fun,

My wife call those kind of pickups either “daddy’s pertty woddle truck” or P.E.V.s
Giong to the pull last Saturday was a breeze. I don’t think it hardly used any more fuel than the pickup would have.
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:29pm
Paul don't know if you need more truck parts but April 27 Dorchester lumber is seeling 3 Astros at there auction
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:21pm
Ken was talking about his tractor getting caught in the rain, with a truck like that you could put a single axle 28 ft van behind and the tractors would stay clean and dry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic