This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NAPA parts seem high priced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:41am
A little like asking why you part out good tractors .Good parts !

I use good parts ignition parts on customers tractors ,saves everyone in the long run.

When u have a account with them its better pricing .

My price for same is  $23.69 for both cap & rotor

Edited by Fred in Pa - 15 Mar 2019 at 11:54am
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Sponsored Links

Phil48ACWC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil48ACWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:03pm
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:11pm
It's a double edged sword.   We want the cheapest prices, so we go to the chain places and save a few bucks, but we complain about the know nothing people behind the counter.  
Those people work much cheaper than the knowledgeable guys behind the counter at NAPA or the local parts place, who have been there a long time or have a mechanical background.  The good places can only stay in business as long as we buy the parts for a little higher price as we are not only buying the part, but we are buying the guys knowledge and service.   
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Greg (Hillsboro, OH) wrote:

It's a double edged sword.   We want the cheapest prices, so we go to the chain places and save a few bucks, but we complain about the know nothing people behind the counter.  
Those people work much cheaper than the knowledgeable guys behind the counter at NAPA or the local parts place, who have been there a long time or have a mechanical background.  The good places can only stay in business as long as we buy the parts for a little higher price as we are not only buying the part, but we are buying the guys knowledge and service.   

X2. That is why I try to buy local if I can and don't mind paying a bit more for good service.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
barky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm
Have a new one don't remember what it fits part number 74058876v-4 cap,Dist
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Ky.Allis Ky.Allis wrote:

WOW***50% mark-up? Wish I could do that on the farm. I will agree NAPA seems to have good stuff most of the time but unless you are "Somebody" that matters to them you are going to get "Hose Banged".

You're probably getting at least that much if you figure only your seed and fertilizer. Now if you figure your time, your machinery costs, your fuel, the financing cost, on and on, you obviously aren't selling your crop with a 50% markup. By the same token those auto supply houses have their building cost, electricity, insurance, permits, wages, advertising, etc. It's an apples to oranges comparison here.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:31pm
i really dosnt matter what brand or what price to me ,its about quality service and trained personel because i have to be able to stand behind the product that use 
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:30pm
NAPA most of the time is crazy high for thier parts. But for some things, like my dad's 1936 Lafayette they are the ONLY ones local (or even ebay) that has the parts. I usally buy 1 or 2 items a year to keep may name in the system but it is hard to beat the 25% discount off the online price I get at Advanced Auto. NAPA wouldn't give me a discount becuse I don't do enough business there, maybe with a discount I would do more businees there? I guess that doesn't make sense to them.
alan-nj View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan-nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:19am
I like NAPA quality.  Have a pretty good one near me, and I get preferred customer pricing.  Also have Auto Zone and Advance near me.  If I want mechanical parts, I go to NAPA.  If I want to buy a cup holder, I go to one of the other ones. 
If ignorance is bliss, than happy days are here again.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:35pm
Just bought a fuel filter, for one of my machines (nonAC) at Auto Plus, the closest local parts dealer, got it fer $17.87.  was near the local NAPA dealer, today same filter from them woulda been $19.07.  Likely not a dimes worth of difference between the 2, IMHO.  If I am close to NAPA, I buy there, close to home I buy at Auto Plus...Wink
polarbear View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:38pm
try AGCO if price is high anyway you can get AC DELCO or autolite or neven echlin
from them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic