This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G allis questions? (Pic added)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G allis questions? (Pic added)
    Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:22am
Just to cut to the chase I know where a g allis is that has been siting several years with out the engine or rear sheet metal on it. It's fare condition others than that, the engine and sheet metal is supposed to be at another location but no one seams to be able to find it. So at this point it just a tractor with no engine. My question is a want to make a far offer but not be ripped off on this. I was thinking about 300 but I haven't been keeping up with what stuff bringing or G's at all really.
My plan was to just sit on it a while and hopefully find enough peaces to put it back together. Let me know what you all think, I need a little advice. Thanks Wil

Edited by Wdtractorman - 15 Mar 2019 at 7:06am
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:50am
PTO? Manual or hydraulic lift? tire condition? Trans rusty from being exposed?
I'd go $300 just for spare pieces
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Wdtractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:11pm
Best I can rember it a manual lift. With a something on it, I belive it was a cultvator, or at least part of a set. Honestly I don't know what to look for for a Pto on them. It got a decent set of tires and radiator still on it I remember, and I want to say one of those front weights on it.
I'm going tomarow to look at it and I'll take pictures.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:33pm
Weight will bring $300+,I'd go $600 sight unseen with a weight.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

Weight will bring $300+,I'd go $600 sight unseen with a weight.

I agree, I’d be bringing it home
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:28pm
What if there not a weight I'm not sure if it had one or not.
Krazy Karl View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazy Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 6:58pm
I'd start at 300. You can Always go up. Some may jump on me for being a cheap. Every once in awhile a guy needs a deal. I never been to an auction and bought something at half price and said oh wait its worth more and make up the difference because i got it too cheap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Krazy Karl Krazy Karl wrote:

I'd start at 300. You can Always go up. Some may jump on me for being a cheap. Every once in awhile a guy needs a deal. I never been to an auction and bought something at half price and said oh wait its worth more and make up the difference because i got it too cheap

That kinda what I was thinking. Honestly the guy dosn't even know he owns it it was his father's and he passed away they just started selling his tractors and stuff off. This one sitting at another guys place I don't think they know anything about it.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:56pm
The G has no PTO as what is on most tractors, although the belt pulley on the G is often called the pto.
There is no engine frame on the G, The radiator mounts on the engine block, so if the radiator is there mounted, then the block is there.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:20pm
Radiator bolts to the top of the bell housing, not the block. so that won't tell, but the block being there or not should be plain to see.
If the tires are good, radiator is there, it has a lift and maybe an implement, possibly a weight then you will have well gotten you're moneys worth, if there is truly no engine, you have a parts tractor.

Edited by JoeM(GA) - 13 Mar 2019 at 10:26pm
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 6:20am
If you can purchase it for under $500-600 bucks I would think you got a good deal. One of the family on this site had two parts G's with engines not to long ago. I don't know if he ever sold them, but there's a start to get some extra parts and some engines. One of those G's was painted Blue if I remember right.....
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:57am
Originally posted by JoeM(GA) JoeM(GA) wrote:

Radiator bolts to the top of the bell housing, not the block. so that won't tell, but the block being there or not should be plain to see.
If the tires are good, radiator is there, it has a lift and maybe an implement, possibly a weight then you will have well gotten you're moneys worth, if there is truly no engine, you have a parts tractor.

Thanks Joe, my memory sure failed me that time.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:32am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm
There a lot more missing of this than I remember, but that was probably 10 years since I seen it .

The transmission and rear end is locked up. But rear wheels and tires are good.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 6:20pm
tires may be good, or shot due to cracked sidewalls... $$$$
missing COMPLETE engine, rad, gastank,seat ,etc.
locked tranny ( rusted locked or mechincal ??)
Not to insult any , but $200 is more than fair.
I've had 3 so not an expert,but heck a repro gas tank is $200+, rad (new) $300 ?
You could easily spend a LOT of coins buying bits and pieces, more than just buying a 'runner'.
If you do buy it, you'll need to tear it COMPLETELY apart as brakes are 'fun' (IF it has any..)tranny is locked..not the end of the world, but take LOTS of pictures as some pieces go in 3 ways, 1 right way, 2 wrong ways !!

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 6:35pm
The rest of it is supposed to be crated up at another shop. But no one seams to know where. Wether the rest is there will depend on what I gm going to offer. Also what my intentions is for it if this is all I'll ether sell or just hang on to it for parts. But if the rest is there I have intention of trying to fix it.
AllcropJay View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllcropJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:24pm
Where I am in Canada that would go for more than 300 for just what's in the pic. Tranny might not be locked up, could be brakes are super seized. I'm working on mine right now, it has shifter issues, I can get 2 gears engaged at once (one being the creeper).

Allis Chalmers G
Farmall 140
All-Crop 66
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 6:35pm
Actually, to me, that looks to be in pretty good shape. If you can locate where the rest of the parts are, it might turn out to be a pretty neat project. The Tranny is basically a B/C trans, so if you needed parts for that, there's plenty of those out there. Good Luck with it!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 8:16pm
I have to agree with Steve.  The frame looks good enough for $ 300 as is $ 600 providing they can find the "box of parts".  Thinking this was made some 63 to 70 years ago and having been sitting in the woods for heavens knows how long.  Some of the trees look pretty old.  Even though I haven't sold one forever I would think I could get a lot more than $ 600 for a rebuilt one.  If you can find the "box of parts" and are handy it can be reassembled.
Let us know how it goes.
Wish I was a lot younger.  Would love this project.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 6:43am
If that thing sat outside here in NJ for 10 years or more, it'd be going back to the earth as rust n' dust! That KY weather has been good on that carcass. To me that's worth $300. bucks sitting there as is. If it sat out here, it wouldn't be worth 300 green stamps. (for those who remember S&H green stamps)  I'm showin' my age....  LOL!
Steve@B&B
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:47pm
I have made a bid on it and haven't got a answer yet.
I don't know what the problem is with the transmission and rear end but the shifter or back wheels won't move. I'll keep everyone posted, thanks Wil
Allen Dilg View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen Dilg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm
Hello Tractorman      IIFFF you get it without the engine assy consider making it ELECTRIC,  could be profitable.    Them green people love them.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:06am
$300 is a good price, IF they will take it!---Looks good to me!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:13am
hey steve how about the gold strike stamps also , anyways whats still there has paint
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Allen Dilg Allen Dilg wrote:

Hello Tractorman      IIFFF you get it without the engine assy consider making it ELECTRIC,  could be profitable.    Them green people love them.

I actually consider looking around for a big briggs or something similar and putting on it. It be kinda neat
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 10:09am
Be different use a V6. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:48am
V6??? go whole hog and V8 the girl!!!

41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 12:10pm
Yeah those to Mike!! LOL!   For engines, ya know what really would be cool, a 4 cylinder 153 Nova engine or the later model "Iron Duke" engine. That'll make  that little bugger cultivate!  LOL!  As a matter of fact, it'll get the tranny and the rear unstuck to! It'll also  definitely need the front weight on the nose....  Thumbs Up
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:22pm
Alright where's the rocket engine one? Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 26 Mar 2019 at 3:36pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 9:38pm
Lol, I do have about 4 250 chevy six bangers laying around. Could put one of then in it I guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic