This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I was blessed this weekend!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I was blessed this weekend!
    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 1:07pm

I had the privilege of buying the parts inventory from some A-C dealers when the were cut off from Allis Chalmers. Mr. Don Walter of Rio Creek, Wis. gave me the opportunity to pretty much start my own Allis Dealership (which has been a dream of mine). A big huge THANK YOU to Don for this opportunity! Before Walters of Rio Creek, Wis was dropped by Allis, he bought the parts inventory from Garrite, Duck Creek Wis; Butch Levy Garage, Kewaunee Wis; Knospe Bros, Algoma Wis; Alden Lang Imp, Denmark Wis; and Tauchek & Debauche, New Franken Wis. when they were discontinued by Allis. This is so awesome! I was also able to get a parts counter with gasket drawers, the index card inventory system (before the fish system), A-C Manuals and 6 pallet crates of bigger A-C implement parts. I found it difficult to sleep last night with all this stuff in my shop!

www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 1:19pm
Good job!! Just a FYI. keep the index card inventory system up to-date as you sale off parts and if you can reproduce how he had his parts department setup so you can find the parts as you get all them calls for that one part they need. lol 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 2:42pm
That sounds like you hit the Jack pot great find . Randy
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 3:25pm
Nice,, would like to hear the stories of why Allis cut off all these dealers at the time , including the one you got all this stuff from
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:11pm
Awesome, great find, is the pictures from your place.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:31pm
Wow, you got a lot of good stuff there. Pulley in the one photo appears to be like the one on our AC904 haybine, if it is, is it for sale?
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
sparky View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:51pm
Alex, if the bands and shoes are for a CA I would be interested in a set.
It's the color tractor my grandpa had!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Don(MO) Don(MO) wrote:

Good job!! Just a FYI. keep the index card inventory system up to-date as you sale off parts and if you can reproduce how he had his parts department setup so you can find the parts as you get all them calls for that one part they need. lol 

Yes, we talked about how it was setup. I have numbered my shelves the same way so I can use his system, which is already on the cards. I am transferring the parts to the shelves one at a time so I know exactly what I have and on what shelf it is located.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 11:34pm
Thanks Guys! Don (Walters) told me that the dealers that got cut off before him were all smaller and within 30min drive from his A-C dealer in Rio Creek. A couple years later, Allis dropped him as a dealer because there was a very large A-C dealer 30 min north in Sturgeon Bay. They are still in business as AGCO.

Yes, the pictures are from my shop, and I am willing to sell any parts you may need. Let me get it all organized this week and then Ill respond to any parts inquiries after I know what I have.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
Kurzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 7:35am

Howdy Alex,
   You stuck orange, your rich! Now your just having way too much fun!

Kurzy
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 9:51am
HOLY CHIT!!  ROAD TRIP!ClapClapClap

IF it ever quits snowing Alex.  According to the weatherman we're supposed to be getting BUNCHES of RAIN in the coming week.  THANK GOD it's not cold enough for you know who, to put out that white crap, at least this far south.  MAYBE up by you......

I'll be in touch!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:07am
Looks like lots of fun. I have been to a few dealer sales and came home with a pickup truck so full there was no more room. It is neat what you find. 35 years ago dad bought the remains of a closed Allis dealer. It was a small dealer that sold out of a shed and quit while the early D17's were still being built. Lots of interesting stuff especially the old parts containers. Tom
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:26pm
How big is the card file? I have seen them 3"x5" and I have seen them where they are on a cart and the cards themselves are about the size of a file folder. 
 Wouldnt mind seeing a photo of the parts counter either LOL
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:48pm
Wow!  Cool score!  
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 7:02pm
Wow! Surprised you could sleep at all! Great score!
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:17pm
WOW!!!  Congratulations on your score.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:53pm
Congrats! Nothing more interesting than going thru NOS parts. I was fortunate to obtain NOS parts from an old dealership in Townsend, MT back in '05. Most of my stuff was pre 1970...I sold a bunch on Ebay when I first got it, this last Dec and Jan I auctioned off another portion. Lots of fun and made lots of friends!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:34am
Man, I wish I could have bought out the dealership I worked at when they quit. They had pallets and pallets of stuff on their auction but me, being a new dad, didn't think I should bid on anything I didn't need too bad. It all went for little or nothing and a junk man got just about everything. The Peterson brothers had bought that dealership in 1951 IIRC. They had parts from the previous owners going back to the 1920's like head gasket kit for an E tractor and the y had the big gear that goes in the WC cultivator lift.... several of them. New augers for All crops and wood bats for the reel, the list goes on and on. Some stuff went to collectors but most of the parts on pallets went to the junk man. When the junk man was loading he had his children helping and I'm sure they took stuff they didn't buy. I watched as they loaded into an old grain truck. Anything near a pallet went into the truck as fast as they could throw it. Two of the kids were talking among themselves saying they didn't think certain things were theirs but it went anyhow.

I got a little off track..... Looks like you done good Alex. It has been a dream of mine to do the same.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:26am
I bought the small amount of parts that were left from an old Allis dealer here a couple of years ago.  Most for Allis B, W series engines, and some stuff for D series. I was going to sell on the classifieds, but a lot of the parts are for my collection and there are a lot of those tractors still being used around here so I decided it would best to help keep the locals going. Traded an old JD press drill for the whole lot.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:18pm
It sure has been exciting so far going through these parts! I feel like I'm on the American Picker's TV Show!!
This card file is 8"x5" They are very complete except most of them don't say what tractor/implement they fit. By the dates on the cards, it seems he was dropped as a dealer about 1975. So nothing for the 6/7/8000 series. The part counter I bought has numbered drawers where all the gaskets were kept and inventoried. Some drawers still had gaskets in!!

www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:44pm
Yea that's the index cards we have to. I'd think the reason the cards don't show what tractor or equip they fit is becouse lots of times one part fits multiple pieces. Plus think of the chain of events back then. The farmer came in with part number, or came in to you and you went to the parts books on your bench top looked up part number then you went to cards looked up number to get bin location.
Like said above, my grandfather in his older years never marked cards when he took parts out.
ebowman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 1:19pm
Looks better than winning the lottery!!! Got any water pump pulleys for an early 190XT? Or how about an early 3 hole Camshaft thrust plate? 
WD45, '62 D17 Diesel, '65 190XTD, '74 7030, 1958 Roto-Baler
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 2:10pm
Alex,
Thanks for posting the picture of the index cards.  That brought back memories from my Dad and Uncles dealership.  I remember about once a year we would do a physical inventory count of all the parts bins.  I remember that sometimes the card would say we had 2 or 3 of some part but in reality we had 6 or 7.  It rarely happened the other way; seems Dad always like to have plenty of inventory.  People would come from miles away and/or call cause they knew Dad used to keep a lot of inventory in parts.
Maybe not the best financial move, but it brought in business.
Keep the pictures coming and thanks again.
Brian
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:46am
What town was your family's dealership in? Are the buildings still there?
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:28am
SCORE!!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:50pm
Jay who was your question for.

Alex I to am going through cards, I'm just writing in note book so I can have copy in house. At least your cards have been written on,some of these haven't been touched tell now lol

Edited by Mikez - 13 Mar 2019 at 8:46pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 6:43pm

Well I've been busy all year with my repair shop, but somehow I inventoried all the NOS parts with the old dealers index card system on lettered and numbered shelves. I have been adding cards when I do a repair for a customer and have to order parts for the tractor. I have the service counter situated and the gasket counter organized. There are still a lot of Allis's in use on farms and for yard chores here in Wisconsin (and other states that I ship parts to) and I'd like to provide the service and parts to those people to keep there Allis's operational. And eventually design and produce new tractors bearing the A-C name.
So my service counter looks like this when you walk in the door, the gasket counter with parts catalogs, shop manuals and the inventory cards sits behind the service counter.

Say a customer is looking for a D17 governor spring and a Knifehead for a 80R mower. If they don't know the part numbers, I go to my parts catalogs or the Agco website.

Now that I found the part numbers, I go to the Index card inventory system to find the bin location and the price of the part.

I see the mower knifehead is located on shelf A114 and is $20.50.  The D17 governor spring is located on shelf A5 and cost $25.75. If the customer is okay with the price, I go ahead and get the parts from the shelves.

Anyway that's how I have my system set up. I would like to know from the guys who used to be dealers or who remember those days, how did you get a sales slip? Was it written out with carbon paper or was it typed out with a calculator that spit out a receipt?
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
bleeds orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 9:22pm
Pretty amazing alex.

I'm jealous.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 11:01pm
Cool Alex. Yea we have some old carbon copy slips. I was just looking at an old one and thought it was funny the date was printed 196_. Gues it's a little outdated.

Did you get any lawn an garden stuff

Edited by Mikez - 13 Nov 2019 at 11:05pm
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:09am
Hello Alex, would you happen to have any of the following parts on hand ?

1) 237667 seal end for a D17 air cleaner

1) 345153 Boot, axle, rear, for a 3000 Monoframe plow

1) 350291 Boot, axle, front, for a 3000 Monoframe plow

!) 349794 Drum, brake, for 3000 Monoframe plow

Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic