This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Took a trip to the great white north today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Took a trip to the great white north today
    Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:22pm
Well, not all that far north. But definitely white. Up north of the big lake to the Stanley area. I tell ya what, they got snow up there that makes my snow not worth complaining about. Why I bet if Shameless went up there and seen what a great job that machine of his did, he'd probably get a little choked up and emotional. Then he'd go give that machine a complete servicing out, and put it away for the season. Darrel
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:08pm
WooHoo...it's worked that good??? yep...just makes me wanna make sure it's running good and all oiled up! thanks for the report buddy!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:05pm
Well Darrel, that smooth talkin didn't do any good......NOW what are ya gonna try?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:09pm
Seems to me, that a few years back,,,,,,,about the time my and JC's wind machine went missin,,,,,,,,,,,, didn't Shameless have somebody come along and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ahem,,,,,,,um,,,,,,,,er,,,,,,,BORROW that machine of his?  Maybe they got it all fixed up and runnin ALSO!!!!!  Maybe, just MAYBE,,,,,,,we gots TWO of them things running away at the hose?!?!?!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:47pm
Don't say that Ted, that could mean snow all year. Oh the humanity.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
jorstad brothers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jorstad brothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:50am
And to top it off with the wind -44. This morning
remember plunder than burn
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:53am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

WooHoo...it's worked that good??? yep...just makes me wanna make sure it's running good and all oiled up! thanks for the report buddy!

Shameless, ya missed the part where I said "put it away for the season"
Darrel
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:26pm
Wife's cousin in Idaho posted a picture of a guy stand and the snow was up to his under arm with his arm sticking straight out.. Ba Mum bug that's too deep
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:44pm
we was talking at coffee this morn'in...seems when ever we are sposed to gits 1-3 inches of pretty, everyone empties the shelves at the food stores...shucks when we was young, they would just say we might gits snow, then we would get
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:46pm
oooops…(cont) into our 2-wheel drive vehicles with snow tires and go where ever we needed to go, no DOT trucks on the roads 10 hours before anything came down, no school closings, no church closings, no winter warnings! whew!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:03pm
How the heck could you have survived, it's just not possible.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:08pm
oh...yeah...and no cell phones either!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:03am
I still don't have one.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:53am
 Hey Darrel,,,isn't that over by New Town area,,??  I mentioned to the Wife and she tells me she gots kin over that a way. That Big lake is some great fishin for Walleye,,,!!!Clap
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:31am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Darrel,,,isn't that over by New Town area,,??  I mentioned to the Wife and she tells me she gots kin over that a way. That Big lake is some great fishin for Walleye,,,!!!Clap

Yes, Joe. I went through New Town going and coming home. New Town is right on the big lake. Wasn't quite as much snow there as there was father North, along hiway 2. As for the fishing, I couldn't tell you how that is, as I am not a fisherman. When the grandsons get a little bigger, I will probably have to take up fishing, though. A good grandpa takes the grandchildren fishing, doesn't he.....? Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:03pm
 Well,,I used to take all the boys fishin when they was growin up but thas cause I used to like fishin back then,,,,I ain't been fishin since I retired in 2000,,,just can't seem to find any time these days,,,,, Our youngest Grandson is goin on 3 and already askin when we gonna go fishin. The game dept stocks a few lakes around here in the winter months with some tame trouts,,,so guess I'm gonna have to start buyin thet garlic cheese and go teach him how to catch some tame trouts,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm
Here in Minnisnota The Dept of No Response has so many fishing regs, section a,b,c, part 1,2,3 etc that ya almost need a lawyer along to make sure you don't mess up. Whew that was a lot see what I mean.

Edited by chaskaduo - 16 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:28pm
yep Darrel, gotta buy one of them ice castle ice fishin huts and take them grand kiddos fishin in that, they'd be confined and you can take naps in the warmth, maybe hide a little hooch in there somewhere, wouldn't gits yelled at for the little ones catchin colds, and and and
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 3:08am
 Well,,,I'm gonna tell youse guys a funny one on my only'ist stab at ice Fishin,,,,,,, One year we went up to the Dakotas and the Wife's brother kept buggin me to go ICE FISHIN,,,so I showed him how to make a collapsible Ice House out of 4'X8' plywood that could be loaded into back of his trk,,,,,,when we drove up to the lake,,,,he,,,,he just started to drive ONTO the ice on the lake and I quickly yelled "STOP THIS FRIGGIN TRK" loud as I could,,,,,then bailed out of the trk,,,,,,he finally caught me half a block down and  headed for the house,,,,,,,, He tells me the ice is over 4' thick and impossible to break thru,,,,so To stop the locals from pointin at us and gigglin I climbed into the bed,,,so's I could make a quick getaway if needed,,,,,,,anyway,,he drives all the way across the lake and stops bout 100 yards from the other bank. He brings out a brand new gasoline auger with a 4' auger,,then starts walkin back and forth testin the wind with his finger and finally says,,"Right here is where the fish are",,,,,,Chit,,I'm impressed by now and start dreamin bout some fresh Walleye fillets,,,,,!!!
 So,,he tells me we gonna start drilling a few holes in the ice and when I yell,,"PULL" you gots to help me yank the auger out the hole quick. WE are cutting the first hole, and the auger is almost to the end of the 4' auger when,,,when,,, he screams ,,"PULL",,,soon as the auger comes out the hole,,,,,there is this  HUGE spout of water comes out whoosing to bout 5 foot high and ,,,,and,,,, I drop my side and I am hauling azz toward the bank that now looks to be bout a mile away,,,,,,he finally catches me right at the bank and yells you gots to go help me pull the auger out the hole before it freezes and we won't be able to pull it out,,,,,,, I finally calm down enough a little bit to go help him pull thet friggin auger out the hole, he has to drill them other holes by hisself,,,cause I'm over kinda close to the bank lookin for minnows or something,,,,,We set up the ice house and it was right cozy in there eatin sammiches the MIL made for us,,,,we never caught a single fish,,,,and that was the extent of my Ice Fishin,,,,,,,Thank you very Much,,,,,Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic