This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She gave how much for a vanity???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She gave how much for a vanity???
    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:17pm
We unboxed our master bathroom vanity today. I told Jenn that I was blown away at the quality. No mdf or particle board all good finish grade plywood. Very good hinges and hydraulic slides.   Then she told me how much it cost. Whew.
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:45pm
Need help getting back up, and will ya still be able to go in March? Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 09 Feb 2019 at 4:46pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:50pm
Isn’t that where the quote: “Vanity, thy name is Woman!” from.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:14pm
"If you want to dance, you've got to pay the fiddler." Surprised you could even find one of that quality these days without having it custom made.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

"If you want to dance, you've got to pay the fiddler." Surprised you could even find one of that quality these days without having it custom made.

I’m surprised as well. Much better than the box store special we put in the guest bathroom.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:02pm
was always told that 2 people can live just as cheap as one....i'm still debating that!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 1:10am
Yep, cheaper to rent em.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:26am
Makes you think that you should have paid more attention in shop class don't it? Thinking about shop in high school there has been a few classes in school that have been beneficial to me over the years that are not taught anymore. Auto mechanics one and two, shop class one and two and welding one and two. I know my SIL would have gained some common sense and skills by taking them. They just don't teach you how to work with their hands anymore.

Sorry, I got off on a tangent there. Back to your wife and the vanity. Happy wife, happy life!! 😄
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Stan IL&TN Stan IL&TN wrote:

Makes you think that you should have paid more attention in shop class don't it? Thinking about shop in high school there has been a few classes in school that have been beneficial to me over the years that are not taught anymore. Auto mechanics one and two, shop class one and two and welding one and two. I know my SIL would have gained some common sense and skills by taking them. They just don't teach you how to work with their hands anymore.

Sorry, I got off on a tangent there. Back to your wife and the vanity. Happy wife, happy life!! 😄

I did take every shop class I could back in school. I have already made a whole lot of what’s going in our house.
In all fairness she has ordered some things to off set the time do to my work schedule and working on this place. She does all the finishing and painting and also works a over full schedule.
I shouldn’t complain but that was very expensive.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:15am
Thad,
 Yes I understand. We are refurbishing a bathroom right now too. The vanity new should be in on Feb 20th. It wasn't cheap, but we choose the no partical board version also, with nice self soft close drawers and doors too. ( not a box store unit!) Same brand we used in the kitchen project 2 years ago, and we are very happy with the quality! I have a bunch of things to get done before then. I have to start filling screw holes and seams in the plaster board today.
Good luck with your project. You will like the quality! 
Any pictures?
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Thad,
 Yes I understand. We are refurbishing a bathroom right now too. The vanity new should be in on Feb 20th. It wasn't cheap, but we choose the no partical board version also, with nice self soft close drawers and doors too. ( not a box store unit!) Same brand we used in the kitchen project 2 years ago, and we are very happy with the quality! I have a bunch of things to get done before then. I have to start filling screw holes and seams in the plaster board today.
Any pictures?
Regards,
 Chris

Chris I have pics of the whole house from start to finish. I can’t post pics from my iPhone to this forum.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

Thad,
Any pictures?
Regards,
 Chris

Chris I have pics of the whole house from start to finish. I can’t post pics from my iPhone to this forum.

Hey Thad,,,how you likin your Iphone,,??  I just bought me an iPhone 8 plus cause my  Moto G8 plus kept droppin calls and not receivin or trans texts some of the times,,but mostly cause of a BFI with our carrier,,so I'm with Verizon now at $20/month with everything unlimited,,,!!
  I'm tryin to learn how to transfer pics from iPhone to my PC so I can then transfer them to an external 1 TB hard drive for safe keeping. This fone did not come with a user's manual and when I asked the lady at Verizon bout it,,,she tells me,,,,,," Apple figures if you smart enough to use an iphone,,,you smart enough to learn it without a user manual" I just KNOW they is something not right bout that chit,,!!
 SO,,,,I ordered one form Ebay,,so when I find out how to do that,,,,I'll let you know,,,,WinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 12:38pm
I think this is an 8. I had a 5 and this one seems to work much better. I don’t have a headphone port is my only complaint. Jess set me up a play list and it can’t be charged while playing. I don’t even have a computer anymore.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:50pm
BOY!!!  You guys are ALMOST as bad as women!!  You went from griping about how much it cost for a vanity that the wife bought and then jump to spending money on an iPhone.  I made my own vanities and I can't afford an iPhone...SHEESH!!

The biggest problem with making your own furniture is getting the wood.  I've got a good buddy that has his own lumber business and we trade so it's cheap and my time is worth a LOT when it comes to the little woman.  She is VERY appreciative....

We've got a lot of Amish around the area and it seems that they bid against each other so you can get high quality stuff for not much more than the box stores.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

BOY!!!  You guys are ALMOST as bad as women!!  You went from griping about how much it cost for a vanity that the wife bought and then jump to spending money on an iPhone.  I made my own vanities and I can't afford an iPhone...SHEESH!!

The biggest problem with making your own furniture is getting the wood.  I've got a good buddy that has his own lumber business and we trade so it's cheap and my time is worth a LOT when it comes to the little woman.  She is VERY appreciative....

We've got a lot of Amish around the area and it seems that they bid against each other so you can get high quality stuff for not much more than the box stores.

Half my job is taking and sending progress pics. I have to text info constantly. It’s a requirement to have a capable phone. My first iPhone cost $ 49.00 with my Verisob plan. Jenn combined our plans and that’s how I got this one.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 6:10am
gee Ted, I have 3 or 4 skids full of furniture grade plywood here. 'off cuts' from a furniture making place famous for church pews and the like. each skid weighed about 4000# as A-C forklift told me it was heavy...and handbalming them to rearrang was ,well, tiring...
even with all this wood, wifey was con-vinced by the contractor to buy a $700 premade in China PB vanity...
A couple guys cringed when they saw I was usng this maple/chrry venneered ply for  jigs to weld trailers up . I said, well, it's what I got and when they get used, I can make 100-200 more.
now she's talking about replacing some( all?) of the 20yr old windows.....con-tracotr says he can get a deal on them...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:12am
yer lucky with 20 year old windows, we still gots the windows that came with our house from 1953! whew!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:44am
well they gotta be better than me and I came from 1953  !

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:49am
Joe, plug your USB cable from your Iphone (where you charge it) into your PC.  You can transfer pictures that way.  Or, email them to yourself, drag and drop the attachment to a folder on your PC.

Edited by Tbone95 - 11 Feb 2019 at 7:50am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:05am
 Hey TBone,,that was how I was gonna try it first time,,, but the charging port has to be "changed" so info can move from phone "back" to PC,,,Since I forgot the charger in El Paso when Joyce was in hospital, I'm using a USB to charge the phone From the PC. I've looked thru the user manual to find how to change the charging port for info to go the other way but ain't fount it yet. On my old Moto G5,,I had to do that manually every time I wanted to go from charging to transferring pics. Kinda a PITA but only'ist way I knew how,,,,LOL 
 I'ma gonna try to Email some,,see if that works,,,Many Thanks for the heads up,,,Clap
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
I don't have 8, just a 6, coming up on 4 years old.  Has worked nearly perfect for me actually.  Anyway, been doing the email thing a lot, it's really handy at work.  The wife figured out the USB port thing with a little help from the daughter.  Must've come preconfigured that way on ours, or simple to change.  The daughter is good on that stuff, the wife.......not so much.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:44am
Sorry Thad, I was just teasing you. I have been in the same boat and had to bite my tongue when the wife bought the living room furniture. It was nice stuff but still......
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

gee Ted, I have 3 or 4 skids full of furniture grade plywood here. 'off cuts' from a furniture making place famous for church pews and the like. each skid weighed about 4000# as A-C forklift told me it was heavy...and handbalming them to rearrang was ,well, tiring...
even with all this wood, wifey was con-vinced by the contractor to buy a $700 premade in China PB vanity...
A couple guys cringed when they saw I was usng this maple/chrry venneered ply for  jigs to weld trailers up . I said, well, it's what I got and when they get used, I can make 100-200 more.
now she's talking about replacing some( all?) of the 20yr old windows.....con-tracotr says he can get a deal on them...

Do we start another thread and get up a pool beating on how long you are without windowsWink???

Come on Thad Wink time or money hopefully she spent the extra time you had helping you forget how much it cost. LOL 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:51pm
yeah Ray... a lottery sounds good ! She's also thinkin about having ANOTHER yard sale this year. I've told her 3 x , I ain't helping. Last years was on my birthday,didn't even get to play with my bday present.

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:24pm
Hey we just had custom hickory cabinets installed in our kitchen. Look very nice and you get what you pay for! One vanity sounds cheap.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by mdm1 mdm1 wrote:

Hey we just had custom hickory cabinets installed in our kitchen. Look very nice and you get what you pay for! One vanity sounds cheap.

We also just installed new custom cabinets. I installed them and did a lot of custom work along with them.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:50pm
Sorry that I'm late to the party, but not ONCE did I see a $$$ figure ?? You might have gotten the deal of the century ?? Where was it purchased? Handles/knobs included? Toe kick/filler strips included??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:28pm
we was gonna put new kitchen cabinets in, but after looking how well the old ones was built and seeing how cheap the new ones are built, we kept the old cabinets and redid the doors and put new veneer on the framework on the fronts. the cost was pennies on the dollar.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:27am
Once I had a reason to be in a strictly plumbing store along interstate, saw a nice vanity there and asked the sales gal what those go for. She says $6000 and I reply " I bet you sell a bunch of those." She struts off with here nose in the air wondering why she wasted her breath on this low life in work clothes. About 2 months later the building was vacated so I guess they didn't sell many.
Wife spent $10,000 on a bath remodel last year and at least $3400 and counting this year on living room furniture, so I feel your pain.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 8:29am
Thad, Keep going man!,
Yea I thought the bath project would be reasonably low cost. Not! If I can pull off doing my own labor it will still be 5K for the tub, vanity, quartz top and sink and fixtures and flooring. Vanity was about $1,600.00. Tried to do plaster swirl on the wall repairs last night. Yea it looks like the cat could have done a better job. Some things should be left to the pros! Maybe it will sand out OK?:)

Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic