This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next project: 7060

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjdrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 7:30pm
Apairinc has the sanden compresser replacement kit. The kit comes with the correct $55  belt.  Do yourself a favor and also: replace all hoses, dryer,  expansion valve. There is a thread on here about it.  That is one NICE 7060!!!!!!!   
Sponsored Links

Orange Glow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:42am
I might just have to get that kit. Thanks!!

On another note, I am going to change the hydraulic oil, and I want to make sure I have the right filters before I drain it.
Is the powershift filter a spin on?
And according to NAPA, there’s on suction hydraulic filter, and one pressure filter?
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:08pm
Ya prolly already know this...when ya have the top off,clean, and clean some more on the AC and heater cores..also replace the heater hoses...the ones in there are 40+ years old..check the heater control valve, I put a second water cutoff in line on the engine too
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm
I cleaned it up some, but I know it would be best to power wash it up there. I will also look into getting all new hoses. The heater does work, so that is good news.

I am looking for a hammer strap, and I haven’t found many. One place I emailed has one, but he wants $240 for a used one. After seeing some of the other hammer straps for other tractors like John Deere’s and IH’s, some new ones are $61.
Is the Allis Chalmers ones that hard to come by?
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:28pm
I got a hammerstrap from Wellington tractor in Wellington TX..don't remember how much it was..
I just used air to clean the AC and heater cores...I didn't want to pressure wash and get water where I didn't want,, mine was already converted to 134 freon, so all I did was put a new expansion valve, dryer, and a hose or 2...works great..
And, , while ya got the top off, put whatever kind music system in cause its gotta go in with the top off.
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 8:37am
When I put 1 on my 7060, I got 1 from my Agco dealer. I don't remember how much it was but it looks like it was made from the same drawbar material as the drawbar on the tractor.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 5:36pm
Today I took the 7060 in to town to get it’s new tires on, and had a thrill ride. I was slowing down on a little (very icy!) hill, and as I idled down, it started to slide sideways. I hit the clutch (a mistake), which will also brake the wheels apparently. It slid sideways, headed for the pond on one side of the road, so I touched the left brake, and got it to the other ditch. Luckily, there was a driveway just ahead, and we could drive it back onto the road. If the duals weren’t on, it probably would have rolled over, and if it were on the other side, it would be upside down in a pond right now. I believe it’s going to come home on the highway, nice and slow, and not on the gravel road!!!

Besides that, I was looking for the jack bolts to remove the duals, and found a brand new hammerstrap at my cousin’s place!! You never know what treasures you’ll find over there!!
I’ll get that top all cleaned up with an air compressor, and replace some hoses.
The radio works good, and I think the speaker has a VW on it, and says it’s made in West Germany.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 6:02pm
That would have been a scary ride. Glad you and the tractor are both OK. Just an FYI, pushing the clutch clear to the floor acts as a transmission brake, as you found out. Only time clutch should be mashed to the floor is when you are at a dead stop and shifting the range shifter. Sometimes, after putting it to the floor, if it won't shift, you may have to let the clutch up a little, then shift. darrel
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 1:43pm
I’ve ran into another problem, the tire shop adjusted the power adjust rims in, and they say it rubs on the steps. So, they were thinking about either cutting the step, (ouch!) or drilling a couple new holes to move the step ahead 1 1/2” or so.
I never heard of this problem, what do you all recommend??
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 2:03pm
I would try to have them move the steps forward. I thought there was a second set of holes in the steps that attach to the tractor
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:43pm
It’s been a little while since I’ve reported, but I have still been doing stuff to it!
The tire shop did get to move the steps ahead, and it works great now.
I have since replaced the front tires with American Farmer 11.00-16’s, and replaced the front wheel bearings, which was just finished today. I ordered the expansion valve, and a receiver dryer for the A/C, and my other cousin is going to try and charge this system, if it looks good to him. I have 4 tiger led lights ready to go in for the stadium lights, but after pulling one off, the metal behind the rubber is rusted, and may need taken to the welder shop to make the rubber glare guard go back on. The lights are 24W hi/lo beam, (which won’t do much good, since it’s only wired for one). They didn’t have the replacements for just the lights for this tractor, they only wanted to get the entire assembly, so I ordered them for a John Deere 4255. My dad had purchased some for the Fender lights on his 4255 JD last year, and they looked Identical to the stadium lights, so that’s why I got them. The one looks promising, anyway.
I still need to change the hydraulic oils, but I’m hoping to find a warmer day, if it ever comes!
I took a picture today of it, and was looking at the pictures of it before I started, and it is coming along pretty well!
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:06pm
Sometimes hard to see progress when you look at your project daily.  Good to go back to the beginning and compare to the starting point, so you can appreciate how much better thiings look.  
It's looking great!
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 8:28pm
Nice tip on the led replacements.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:27pm
You can be very proud of yourself, Garrett. You are taking on a big project and doing it right. It sure looks good. Darrel
BKarpel View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BKarpel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:53am
Good job on the 7060, it looks real sharp. You have a enjoyable and reliable tractor. Wish I could find a treasure sitting in a barn that just needs a little work. I have a 210, I have been working on for 4 years to make it useable. These are projects we enjoy. Hope you keep posting pictures.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:28pm
Thank you all for the nice replies!! I have really enjoyed getting this going. It sure feels great when a plan comes together!!
Today I ran it some, then dropped some hydraulic oil. I drained the three plugs, (LH and RH differential, and the one in front of them) and changed the two filters. I think there was near 15 gallons so far between those, but I haven’t got the Powershift ones figured out. I haven’t messed with that filter, but apparently you need to take the bottom plate off, and drain one or two more plugs, and clean another screen after taking another little plate off with 6 bolts?
And how many gallons should there be altogether?
And you just fill at the two places, one in the cab, and one on the back?
Thanks!!
WC7610 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WC7610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 4:10pm
nice tractor- Thanks for the pictures- followup with one in the field this spring!
Thanks

Most Bad Government has grown out of Too Much Government- Thomas Jefferson
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 12:57am
That thing doesn't look like it ever sat out.  I haven't seen a 7060 that nice since 1978 when I was 6 years old.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:00pm
I am surprised at how well it cleaned up, and am glad of it!! I don’t think it ever sat outside much, at least not in the past 23 years that my cousin owned it! He got it from I think the original owner, and he seemed to take care of it pretty well too.

Today I finished mounting a toolbox on it, on the bottom battery tray. It will swing out, and I think it should work good!
I wanted it originally on the side of the frame, but the front tires wouldn’t clear it by much on the flat floor, let alone in a rough field.
I also got the Precision Planting 20/20 monitor mounted, so it’s about ready to hook up to the planter.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 7:13pm
That tool box trick is cool. I may do that on my 7010. But it doesn't have a second tray.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:04pm

Well, here’s a picture of it in the field! It’s planted about 200 acres, and it’s been working pretty well. The first day was spent working out some minor bugs, but after that it’s done the job well. One thing was I had to have an Agco guy come out and shim the hydraulic deal to 2,800 psi instead of 2,400 to lift the planter (the planter wheels are turned out front instead of the rear, and when the planter’s loaded with 1,200 pounds of beans, 1,100 pounds of weights, plus the planters own weight, it’s a load for any hydraulics)
Then the power shift cable came loose, and wouldn’t shift, but once we figured out what it was, it didn’t take long to fix. I got the air conditioner working, after having it evacuated, charged, found another hose that leaked, replaced that, and charged it again. Now it works great! It’s been tough with all this rain. It would just get dried out by an afternoon, and then it would run good until about midnight or 1:00, and start raining again. Only another 140 acres to go now, though!
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:21pm
Forgive my ignorance. Why are there weights on the planter hitch?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

Forgive my ignorance. Why are there weights on the planter hitch?

Oh, yeah, I forgot about those weights as well! I had only mentioned the suitcase ones on each row on the back..
Since the planter lift wheels are moved to the front (it was originally an 8 row 38” folding planter, now it’s a solid bar 11 row 19”) when it’s picked up, it’ll lift the hitch up. So even with those wheel weights on the tongue, it still takes weight off the tractor. And if you unhooked it while picked up, it would flip over backwards, even now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic