This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Annual Boring Post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 10:41am
Happy Birthday, Bill.   Hope you have many more.  I too, always look forward to your posts on the forum. They're never boring!!
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:04am
 Happy Birthday ,  Miss seeing u it was always a Pleasure .

Here is a picture of U and Uncle Bill at one of the Club Meeting u held  here in My Allis Showroom.

He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:13pm
I've never met you Bill, but I always enjoy reading your posts. My impression is that you are a true gentleman!
Happy birthday and I hope you are posting your annual post for many more years!!!
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:49pm
Happy Birthday Bill!  I also always enjoy your posts.  Always positive and helpful, as well as the best source of first hand knowledge, being you were there when these tractors were new!  Keep your knowledge and stories coming for many more years!
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm
Bill, hope you have a great "Number 85" and many more to follow. Being that you are one of the more wiser and senior members on here I always read your posts to see what information and memories you have to share.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 3:47pm
Happy Birthday Bill! It is in my bucket list to get to visit with you in person. My bucket list is full of hopes and dreams but this is one I would like to click off. I like the rest here take great pleasure reading your posts. 85 is just a number and not something to take to seriously or to dwell on.
At 80 I did have to give up my dream of becoming a world famous river dancer. Come to think of it to waltz I would have to be standing on the feet of seven foot, 400 pound amazon of a gal with size 17 feet.

Computer took a crap last week and I am just getting sites up and running on a new hard drive. About as hard for me as river dancing. If I was one to swear the room would have been blue.    
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 3:54pm
I always enjoy your annual boring post!  Happy Birthday!  I will look forward to seeing next years!
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:35pm
Happy Birthday Mr. William Long. We ALL look with relish to many more of your boring posts.  It has been quite some time since I've written you and I am getting lax at that.  I'll try better this year.  HAPPY Birthday YOUNG man!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:00pm
Happy birthday Bill and thanks for all the information you give to us.🎂🎂🎂🎂
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:06pm
Fred,  Thank you so much for posting the picture of Uncle Bill.  You know, I met him at our first Mid Atlantic Allis Chalmers Club formative meeting at Dave's in Lineboro.   He was a proud member of our "Greatest Generation".  A person I always looked forward to seeing.  I was so sorry when he passed but treasure the time we had together.
Miss all at the Mid Atlantic Allis Chalmers Club.  Loved attending the meetings.  Perhaps, if I make it that long, I can see the Gathering of the Orange co-sponsored by Mid Atlantic Allis Chalmers Club - when it comes to Westminster.
Great Memories.  Great Man!
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Edited by Bill Long - 07 Dec 2018 at 9:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic