This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Annual Boring Post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Annual Boring Post
    Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:17pm
Well, it looks like I am going to make another year - I'll be 85 -, so let me make another annual boring post. 

I wish to thank Darin for making this site available, and all the members who have made me feel so welcome to be a participant in the Unofficial Allis Chalmers Forum.  I have been a member since 1994 and have deeply enjoyed every moment.  I have made some outstanding friends and have seen some long standing members pass on.  You know, I do not think there is a day that I am on line that I do not visit this site.  It has always been and will continue to be my pleasure to share what knowledge and share what stores I can contribute, but I have to say a lot of the experts on this site have well passed me by.  Their knowledge is deeper and their tools and equipment so much more up to date.  Makes me wish I had the modern tools and technology “back in the day”

Again, thanks to all.  It will continue to be my pleasure to participate.

Good Luck!

Bill Long

Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:21pm
I think I can speak for everyone, when I say it's my pleasure to have your presence and participation.  It's awesome. GOOD LUCK to you!  Hope you keep chugging along and keep participating for many years to come.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:37pm
Here's to number "86" Bill!  Always enjoy reading your post!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:40pm
Bill, whenever I see you've replied to a post, I always open it up to see what you've had to say.  Your contributions are valued, respected and appreciated.  

And, as you always say,

Good luck!

Brian
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 2:29pm
Happy Birthday early to ya Bill, we enjoy you here!

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 2:45pm
Happy Birthday, Bill!   Hope you have many more!

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 2:57pm
Bill,
Like many said I enjoy your posts about your dealership days and when these tractors were new! Wishing you the best and many more years! You are one that brings out the best in this forum!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 3:04pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 3:48pm
Happy Birthday Bill !
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 3:52pm
Happy Birthday  Bill   !  I  know you  don`t like to be  called  Mr. Long.    Have  a great  day  and  many  more  to  come..    Tony    
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:04pm
Cher (the singer) said it all in a song.  "If we could turn back time"
I can speak for others on this, if we could, and have the knowledge that you have / have passed onto us / and been so good to all of us, life would be a walk in the park!
Thanks, and many more for you!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:16pm
Bill, although we have never met, I consider you a great friend and a very important member of this forum.  There is the old saying "If I knew then what I know now"...., who knows how our lives would be different.
Have a great Birthday, oh and GOOD LUCK!!!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 4:19pm
Ditto... you are always welcome to post, and it will not be boring. Happy B'day
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:03pm
Happy Birthday Mr. Long!!  Wishing you many more!.   As Brian F said, I too, read any post you make, as you don't post often, but when you do, it is ALWAYS worth reading.  Enjoy the cake and do something fun.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:21pm
Well Mr Long we have never met but I will say I believe you to be a very honest and sincere Gentleman! Always enjoy your impartial and helpful posts. Enjoy this day and all you have ahead of you young man. Oh I do own 2 of your favorites!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:40pm
 Hey Bill Long,,,Well,,"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you young man,,,,Clap I'm like others here in that if I see Bill Long responding to a post,,it's cause you are fixin to state a fact based on your many years of experience,,,,Clap My little old 73 years still got some learning to do,,,,
 HOPE YOU HAD YOU A GREAT DAY,,,!!!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:47pm
Here's to you and here's to me and may we never disagree, but if upon a chance we do. Here's to me and I still want to read many more posts from you.

Bill you never bore me!!!!

Elliott

Edited by chaskaduo - 06 Dec 2018 at 5:47pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:25pm
Looking back at the old Forum and how our handle would include the state we live in, and it was a bid deal when we found a way to post pictures and the chat room.  Keep up the great posts. Hope to see you at the shows.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:28pm
Happy Birthday Bill
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:15pm
Bill, its members like you that have given us so much information and the passion for AC. I cannot express to you how valuable your imput has been to me personally. Your positive encouragement and love of AC keeps the rest of us interested and passionate about ALLIS CHALMERS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday young man.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:45pm
Have a good one!!
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:00pm
Happy Birthday, Bill! Like others have said, nothing you post is boring, and I thoroughly enjoy reading what you have to share. To mimic what others have already said, if I see you've replied to a post I definitely read it because I enjoy your first-hand accounts! 
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:09pm
   Happy Birthday Bill !
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:18pm
Happy Birthday Bill! Woo Hoo! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
Walter(MO) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:58pm
Happy Birthday

Enjoy reading your posted messages.  I really enjoy reading about your favorite, the Allis Chalmers model B.  The B is also a very favorite of mine.  The B was the first tractor my father taught me to drive.  He always used the B to pick up hay by putting the tractor in low gear.  He jumped off , loaded bales, and walked beside the tractor to steer the tractor across the field.  A one man operation loading the roto bales on the wagon.  He had me drive the tractor when I was 10 years old so he didn't have to load bales, drive the tractor, and jump on at the end.

I wish you many more years of posting on this site.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:03am
Happy Birthday Mr. Long. We all look forward to many more of your boring posts. May God continue holding you in His hands. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 6:14am
Happy birthday Bill, it is a honor for me to call you a friend !!    Mark
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:14am
Happy Birthday Bill, and hope and pray you have many more! I sure enjoy your posts and your knowledge!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 10:23am
Happy Birthday Bill!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 10:35am
 Congrats on another year Bill, have not seen you for awhile but hope that will change  in 2019...Harvey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic