This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Chevrolet HD trucks for 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Chevrolet HD trucks for 2020
    Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:03pm
I think they look better than the half ton.  Definitely a change!

What say you?
Sponsored Links

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:29pm
Thats one ugly "CHEVROLET" grill. 
It makes me think Chevrolet has CONFIDENCE issues. 
Want to says it all?  "Just BOWTIE it..."
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:14pm
I was gonna trade this dam ferd off that the old gal bought. I couldn't get anywhere near its value on a trade in. Drove all 3 brands, preferred the gm and dodge far above the ferd. I don't like new the grill, but I might. Wait and see what these ride like.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:25pm
I don't think it looks so bad but I doubt if I'd buy one.  Most of the time I just don't need such a big truck.  My Toyota Tacoma is just fine for most of the stuff I do, and the Freightliner does the big stuff.  Even the newer Toyota's have gotten bigger.  I admit I'm not as small as I was when I first got my license, 45 years ago, but still...
I see GM has International building one tons for them, look like GM cabs but heaver frames, etc.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:12am
yeah John, they sell them over seas so they can mount guns on them!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:13am
I kinda like the on bar on the grill with the name, unsure about the rest of the grill yet. looks like they need better aero dynamics on the back end.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 3:15am
Once again, the designers and engineers have continued to put something out to the public that will keep me disinterested in even goig to a dealers lot for a closer look at anything they have to offer.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:24am
I wonder what the GMCs will look like? To me they usually have better looking grills then the Chevy.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:25am
For my personal tastes, i think it is butt ugly.

I get a kick out of all the "ferd" comments on this site.  Kind of like if it ain't orange the tractor is no good.  Wink

Surely with Ford's success through the years, there is someone in the world besides Les and I that drive those things?  LOL

John, how many miles you have on the Toyo,  Wife will not drive anything sides a toyo, only have 65 K on the current Highlander.  This is the fourth one and we have never had one in the shop for anything other than routine service.

Edited by Dave H - 05 Dec 2018 at 5:32am
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:55am
That thing looks like they are trying to copy ferd. I think it is ugly. Like Thad, here lately I like the looks of the GMCs better.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:55am
I was a GM man until my last one. It was an 06 Silverado and it was a gutless wonder from day 1. I got a 16 Dodge 2500 around May of this year and I'm extremely happy with it so far. 6.4 hemi has plenty of power. My only wish is it had the 8 speed transmission rather than the 6.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:01am
I own a GMC 2500HD and have to admit, sought it out as I wanted a GM but have always thought the GMC grill looked a bit better than the Chebby.
Now back in the late 60's/early 70's, Chebby grill had it all over the GMC grill, they were downright ugly.
Same truck, premium paid for the different grill and a few other items to dress up the GMC over the Chebby, go figure.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:33am
YUCK, hideous front end and 1,000s to fix when the fwd collision computer crps out ! Where's the LADDERS to get into it? Seems high off the ground to me...
payload of 2,280 # for a 3/4 ton ???
ad goes to younger 'tech savvy' crowd, not us old farts who just want a REAL pickup...
bet it's only available as a 4 dorr wheelbarrow too
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:42am
Was not really keen on buying my '99 Ford when did, the teardrop side window pattern of the doors reminded my of the old International Emeryville cabs which I also was not so keen on. It grew on me and does have a function. Now this GM is just lipstick on a pig, BUTT Ugly and does NOT show well, some as die hard GM fanatics will still buy them, I most certainly will not. Really have no intent on buying anything New again, let the New wear off and buy a two or so year old machine someone bought as a second car or station wagon and basically underused platform to replace my aged junk, maybe.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:43am
Come on guys, what do you expect for $75k? Don't be cheap. Says the guy still driving his 94 Chevy.😆
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 1:15am
Dave, I've got around 160,000 on the 04 Tacoma, has never been back to the dealer. Change the oil around 7,000 miles (Mobile1). Put brakes on the right front, left had plenty of pad left.  Everything else is original other then the battery and 2d set of tires.  24-30 MPG.  Never liked the grill but otherwise like the design.  It was made in the USA too!  Might be my last pickup...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:14am
  For Chevy/GMC designs, I like the early 1940's art deco, the squared boxy look of the later 1970,s and the streamline 1990,s. I think there are 2 of those 1/2 ton black SS 454 trucks in our town. 

The only reason I drive a Chevy/GMC  (2013 GMC Sierra ext. cab, long box, 4x4) is because Oldsmobile never made one. It would have had a cool name like "The Oldsmobile Del Ray" It would have had the split grill and two hood scoops. While your truck would only read 4x4, my Del Ray would say Hurst/Olds 4x4x442 --- W30. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:03am
See on CBS this morning that GM is moving "most" of the pickup production process to South Of The Border.
Does not help that gal CEO's case and once the 41 funeral is done, thinking the networks will be all over her.
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 2:09pm
Are they going to design it so that it rusts faster than my 05 did ?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:28pm
Bought a NEW 1990 F250 and drove it 250K miles,,, then bought a used 2001 F150 and drove it 250K miles.... then bought a used 2002 F150 and drove it 200K miles... now have a used 2013 F150 with 75K miles and plan to keep it quite a while ......... and none of my trucks have EVER been back to the dealer.

Edited by steve(ill) - 06 Dec 2018 at 6:29pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:55pm
the best looking chev gm was 1972 and the one that i abused the hardest and never gave up,     but know i drive 2002 dodge with cummins and will probley be driving it in twenty years as long as the windows go up and down , the heater works and it pulls a load i just have no use for one of those new trucks , i can do a major repair a year  such as engine, trans , rears and still be cheaper than a year worth of payments 
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:11pm
I never liked the looks of modern pickups, but then the 2015 Chevy design changed my mind. I really like those trucks, but the 2019 and these 2020 will definitely keep me away....the grille reminds me a lot of a Ford.
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:14pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:47pm
thet grill is gonna lets lots of bugs in!
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:35am
LOL Jordan. "I know what you're thinking. You hate it now, but wait til you drive it". 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:01am
Gonna need some extra horses to push that big grill and those elephant ear mirrors into a headwind!!  LOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:29am
Jordon you hoping for a Leisure Suits and bell bottoms too?????LOL 

I have gotten to where looks in a pickup are the last thing.  The big things are will it get it done and cost. It goes back and forth which is the most important.

But I do have a yard full of the vintage trucks, if anybody has money burning a whole in your pocket. O'hWink Shameless and WinkDJ don't bother I am looking for BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:37pm
Where are all these automakers finding their new designers? LOL. That's even uglier than the giant RAM letters on some versions of the Ram  1500.

I thought it was odd that Chev did this redesign, because nowadays it seems like everyone wants a corporate look all through their lineup. Meaning they always make everything match for brand recognition.
So why I thought this is odd is because International and Chev just released their new medium duty truck which looks just like the current HD pickup line.

1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:38pm
The International CV version.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:40pm
I like these medium duty versions. I'd buy one of these before I bought a 1500/2500/3500.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic