This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

# 7 mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris (swIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: # 7 mower
    Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 10:17am
Does any one know how much oil the gearbox should have in it? I am also assuming that 80-90 is the right oil. Is that right? I think that it will be a big improvement over the worn out #3 that I have been using.
Sponsored Links

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 12:33pm
Drive Housing Capacity 1 Qt. SAE 20 or 30.
Do not allow oil level to fall below and do not fill above the driveshaft.
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 12:42pm
Check it every time you use it, mine leaks a little so I have to refill it. Believe me you DONT want to have to overhaul the gearbox!!!  Replaceing one isnt fun either!!  Good luck
Good View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 1:01pm
I have a #7 pull type after I learned how to use it right you can do a lot of work with one ,and when all the bearings are tight on the twindrive it is really quiet but I still haven't  heared the grass fall like the book says.
Creek Jenkins View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:38pm
My No. 4 manual says SAE 140 wt oil........but dunno if the #7 would have same requirement as I think gearboxes are quite a bit different.  The no 4 is a right angle box.  I have 90w in it now as I didn't have any 140 around.....
cheers
Creek the Wonder Dog
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 7:36am
I run light weight synthetic grease in mine #7 and #80-R mowers, Have for two years now and no trouble with it in there.
FYI have a line of #7's and #80-R's for parts if you need some just let me know.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 8:07am
Drive Housing Capacity 1 Qt. SAE 20 or 30.
Do not allow oil level to fall below and do not fill above the driveshaft.

Taken nearly verbatim from #7 manual!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic