This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

!80 pto and transmission quit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ksbowman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksbowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !80 pto and transmission quit
    Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 9:04pm
I was bush hogging with my 180D and the pto quit working, only had partial pto speed. Can in and looked it over and had a bad hydraulic leak between the pto case and PD case. Tried to drive it to the shed and the tractor transmission quit working also. My guess is the front shaft O rings are leaking so bad that the PTO and PD aren't getting fluid enough to operate. Drained what fluid was left in the PTO case and found shavings of the PTO clutch discs. Going to pull the PTO case tomorrow, any ideas of what's happened and what to look for? No problems at all before this, always a great tractor, most dependable I have.
Sponsored Links

Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:28pm
Does it have a hydraulic PTO clutch?
Does the steering and lift still work?
Steering, power director and Hyd pto are one the same section of the pump. It could be the pump or lack of hydraulic fluid.
Could it be the engine clutch?
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
ksbowman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksbowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 1:24pm
The steering still worked and I didn't try the 3 point. I ruled out the engine clutch because it was still powering the tractor coming back in and I didn't notice any slippage there. Yes it is a hydraulic PTO clutch. The excessive hydraulic leak between the two cases made me think that's where the problem was. I'm open to any ideas though. Does'nt the hydraulic oil go thru the PTO on its way to the PD?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic