This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you do for work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you do for work?
    Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 2:56pm
I grew up on a 110 acre farm till I was 14, Dad always had a job away from the farm and in 1959 he took over the local cemetery, we had the farm for a few years before it was sold to the neighbor. I started work for farmers when I was 15 loved mechanics, after graduation got a job at Ford car dealership. Mechanics talked me out of the mechanic ideal, went to work in factory till it had a fire. Found job at a gravel pit, started driving truck there went on to driving semi, done two year stint for Uncle Sam as a medic, came out went to work for New Holland dealer then back to driving semi hauling cattle, change over to hauling steel & machinery. In 1974 went to work for village street department, became street commissioner just before the blizzard of 1978. Wife left for another guy, kept my two sons to raise, couldn't keep up with getting called out in the mid of the night with no one to watch sons, was digging grave for cemetery on the side. Left there went back to New Holland Dealer Ship till 1986 hen Dad retired from cemetery and cemetery board offer me the job, worked that till 2008, retired to build our retirement home, wife thought I needed a part time job, got part time job at Lowe's. Have the house that Lowe's built. Retired from there in 2014. Been playing catch up on my two old Ford trucks, 7 AC tractors and 6 running AC garden tractors and 4 more to work on AC garden tractors.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic