This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC COLLECTION TO ROOTS STEAM FEST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC COLLECTION TO ROOTS STEAM FEST
    Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 12:00pm
Ok, got busy, got behind on posting, that's what happens when you have a day job. We took tractors to the annual Roots Of Motive Power Inc. 2015 steam festival in September, for play and display. We started by parking them under a shade tree and giving them a bubble bath. They had been sitting in the sun, dirt and dust since the trip to the Redwood Region Logging Conference in March. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 042_zpswbaybr4t.jpg
Besides that you guys are slackin on putting up pictures to look at. Other things you need to know is the day we did this it was 106 degrees, so it seemed like a good day to hang out under the shade tree with the water hose. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 043_zpsmnpfgbrq.jpg
So we were off. We took 4 tractors so that meant 4 loads. We call it ''2 for show'' and "2 for go" (as in 2 for display an 2 for play) photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 053_zpsnret9ebr.jpg
So the 2 pretty tractors get set up by the main gate for display. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 058_zpshdpujqsi.jpg
We have the double seat in the 15. The 2 seats were available in the HD15s but were never used in the logging world. But 4 or 5 little kids can sit up there and get there picture taken. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 060_zpskw6wibrx.jpg
So for play tractors we took the HD15 with the Garwood cable blade and front unit. So before any body asks about the canopy not being hooked up by the radiator, the story is last year when we ran this tractor there with out a cab it wasn't much fun in the sun and heat. So a couple of days before we needed to be there we went out to a donor tractor (HD16A logging equipped ) and found a canopy that would work, so that's why its a different color, and we also ran out of time to attach it. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 067_zpsriqujcxg.jpg
We started by readjusting the real estate so the water truck could get around
 photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 070_zpsmecqognl.jpg
We also took the HD6B. We have since decided that it really needs a new paint job and we thought we should just have more fun anyway
 photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 072_zpsug1sif7d.jpg
We were trying to sculpture the pile to get the water truck all over and around it. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 078_zpsyebc6fvf.jpg
It takes a while for the shovel to get there and get moving photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 075_zpscwz4nrk6.jpg
The shovel guys like the pile nice and high photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 083_zpseukxn3x3.jpg
It was a chance for number 1 grandson (Trenton) to get instructions and do his first hot lap on the HD6 photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 087_zpsnk9ndmrj.jpg
Grandson number 2 (Cody his brother) just got the hot lap photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 094_zpsthqk66kq.jpg
They wanted to ride on the TD24 (I know you guys did think you'd see me on something that's not AC) It was the big tractor, just wait we'll get an HD20 going soon. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 095_zpstv2espic.jpg
So brother Dave runs the HD6 while I run the HD15.  photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 099_zpssgzxoh8o.jpg
We were to  reshape the pile and put it back where we could fit all the demonstrating tractors on top for a photo op. photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 105_zpspr9z3ig6.jpg
So when we got all these tractors on top of the pile, Troy James shown here on the Gradall lift ,with his camera took pictures. He is Vice President / Curator  at Roots. We'll try to get pictures from him to follow up on this post.
 photo spring steam fest lumpkin fire 104_zpswnbrpucn.jpg
So that's my story and I'm stickin too it. Also check out the Roots Of Motive Power  website, there's lots of cool stuff

www.rootsofmotivepower.com
Sponsored Links

cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:29pm
Very nice !  Almost like being there. Thanks for posting.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:43pm
Looking out my window it's kind of hard to visulize 106 degrees, 6 degrees seems more likely.
Great pictures!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 7:35pm
Awesome!!! I would love to go to a working construction equipment show.  Also wondering if you have any rear pics of the 15 with ripper bar, I would like to set up something like this on my 16.  makes easier work for cable blades Big smile

Edited by CAL(KS) - 19 Dec 2015 at 7:49pm
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 11:05pm
Thanks for posting! Its neat to see some of the great machines that helped build our highway system and infrastructure continuing to work. Looks like they have some nice show grounds there too.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 9:36am
John, That whole 106 degrees does seem wrong right now. we've had some low 20's here which is a wakeup call. (yes, I know that would probably be a nice morning in Niwot, Co.)

Cal, we'll get you some ripper pictures. It's a good system. The hydraulics are run by the rear pto, so a regular rear mounted hydraulic unit can run   the rippers, so start looking for rippers. (the tractors are parked in the tractor barn at Roots so I'll get pictures when I can get back up there)

Mowerguy, It's set up so the steam trains can circle the facility and watch the dozers, steam shovel and what ever else is being run at the time, you can also walk through everything anytime 
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 10:06am
Mel,
Very nice pictures of your big AC machines. Thanks for posting! Also like that big International unit. I have the TD-6 little brother to that one.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
David Gantt N.C. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gantt N.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 10:40pm
thanks for posting the pictures, good looking machines
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 10:29am
Thanks for the warm weather pictures during these cold winter days.  Next to last picture, I like that mini-euclid in front of your HD-6. Wink
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 10:16am
Hey Mel, don't know how I missed this post when you first posted it, but sure am glad I seen it now. I always like AC construction equipment. Promise I'll post some pictures of my HD5G when I get it up and running. Thanks for the post, later, Darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 9:55am
Thanks for the nice comments guys, Lee that mini euclid is a John Deere 40? I think. I can't find any other pictures of it or I would post them up.

Darrel, yes you need to get on those pictures. You have way to many issues going on with your mechanizing on ACs

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
           T0 ALL !!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic