This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis WC wheel studs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis WC wheel studs
    Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:08pm
I have two wcs a newer styled one and a 34 unstyled both pullers. I have homemade pressed wheels on newer one and cast 24s on old one. The old one has studs on it and in order to use the pressed wheels on it a ill need to have the hub threaded. So on an old WC with studs can i take two nuts and lock them together amd pull the studs out and thread a bolt in its place or are old ones not tapped?
Sponsored Links

1955allisca View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:13pm
I hope i worded that well enough for someone to answer my question
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:16pm
Studs have much better clamping force than bolts, have a spacer machined
cotncrzy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotncrzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:17pm
I would be willing to bet that is the procedure... I cant say for sure, someone will know, be patient...
C, WD45,WD puller, 185, 200, 7060 Red Belly, 7060 Black Belly,8010, and a R52 Gleaner, AND PROUD OF THEM!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:25pm
I didn't make these wheels but the way they were made they have a 3in spacer built into them to clear the axles and fit on it. So it has a 3 1/2in bolt through the wheel amd into hub. Doesn't sound very strong but it hasn't broke and it been that way for years.
Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:26pm
Not sure on a 34 but on my 36 and 37 both the studs screwed out. I would of rather left the studs because the hold tighter but had to replace them with 5/8 bolts for the adapters I had.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955allisca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 8:31pm
Okay thank you that's what i figured but wasn't sure, how did you go about removing your studs?
Zaddison View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaddison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 9:46pm
Double nut them and spin them out if that doesn't work u may have to use vise grips and double nut them them or if all else fails a small pipe wrench. Alittle heat may also help but more them likely you won't need to.
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 1:21pm
Not to hijack, but why does a stud hold better than a bolt?  I could use some spacers for my WC, just haven't gotten that far.
AaronSEIA
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 8:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic