Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covered Bridge Festival Winterset Iowa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covered Bridge Festival Winterset Iowa
    Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 3:35am
Dang gotta get up in about 1 hour and go set up for this thing. Hurtin so bad don't wanta go. Old gal will be real pi--- if I dont! Oh well at least the dog still loves me. Tractor related, found a nice 200 toy tractor at the flea market last weekend. Its a keeper.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 4:55am
well for shucks...if'n i'd have known this, we'd have come over, the old lady....oooops....I mean the loving wife loves them bridges!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:51am
Doggone-- light rain here now. Not raining at 3:30 when back pain forced me outta bed, not raining at 5:30 when I was able to get back to bed, started to rain at 6:15 when we pulled outta the drive. Oh well 2 weekins a row getting wet. As Ollie used to say to Stan-- Here's another fine mess you've gotten me into. Shameless -- still OK to drive on over, be here 9:00 to 5:00 tomorrow, weather should be nice. Sitting just off the southwest corner of the square, coffees on me iffin you can make it. Sorry no beer, gives me funny ideas the old gal don't like
. I live 1 mile southwest of Roseman Covered Bridge. Will be too busy to give you the guided tour for the next 6 weeks but anytime after that?? Roseman the haunted bridge. See ya
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:59am
Sounds like fun! We sure can't get the Gleaner into our beans any time soon. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm
Actually had a pretty good time today on top of the 1.5 inches of rain today. Sent Iowa honey to 11 different states. Many traveled from other states just to attend the festival. Can't wait till tomorrow, Ol shameless is supposed to send us sunshine all day tomorrow. Most of the local churches invite their missionary's back home this time of year. It is amazing to speak to them and hear about their adventures. Most of the time they take honey back home with them. Gonna be a long 1 tomorrow.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:53am
you gives out samples?
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:56pm
Yes samples are given out. Of cheese cakes, flavored honey, honey, sour cream dips, almost everything eatable she makes - except the wine slushy mix is sampled. Will be in clarenda Iowa next Sat. I think that destination is right. Had a good day today, town was packed all day lot of folks here from Missouri, Ill, Neb, Minnesota,South Dakota, Colorado etc.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm
any good eye candy?
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:08pm
Tom,
 Hope your feeling better. Your honey products sound interesting.
We took off 125 lbs of spring summer and fall honey from our daughter 3 hives yesterday.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Ford Jubilee, IH TD6 Many IH Cub Cadets
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:21pm
council bluffs has a show going this week or maybe last week too.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:47am
Ya great especially Sunday afternoon warmed up enough gals were a little short on clothing. Doggone it, those young gals leaning over the table- well makes an old guy put his hands in his pockets real quick. Thanks for the heads up on the Omaha show. We have done quite a few there in the past. But we are booked up till the end is January. Dad ratted retirement has gotta go, just came the house has to get them 2 darn nags in. Will find out if deer hunters left the gate open in the AM. Old gal says we are working every day this week. Been trying to get 5 4X4's set for my new wood shed, sounds like I'll be working overtime again this week. Might get grandson to drop buy and help me square them up.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:54am
We had a good year for the amount of bees we have left. Lost 20+ hives in Feb and march of this year. Dad ratted BT corn pollen has built in insecticide they gather this in the fall, store it and when the queen starts laying in late Feb or march they start using it. It kills off the whole hive. I started feeding the gals as soon as I took the honey off this year, I hope it is soon enough to keep them from pulling in too much of it this fall
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:03am
Met some missionary's from New Ginny and New Zeeland this weekend. Sure are fun to visit with. They have no idea what whipped topping is. Any of you younger guys wanna go down under and start a whipped topping factory. Might be money in it. Gals from Australia told me the same thing 2 years ago at Old Thrashers reunion. Boy do they talk funny, and are hilarious folks.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:03am
they gots topless beaches down under!!!!! oh...and are you registered with the your hives in your state? it's a place on line that lists where specialty crops are and the surrounding farmers have to be careful about spraying mostly, but you buy the signs and put them in the area, could help in your bee recovery costs. I forget what it's called right now, I signed up for it here in NE, then they puts your hives locations on the state map. don't cost anything cept for the signs and they are optional.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:55pm
Got them on the state website -- Iowa doesn't have signs for the beeyard. Cleaned up the yard today, still gotta pickup 3 dead outs tomorrow along with the blocks they are sitting on. Gotta stop by squallmart tomorrow and pick up a couple hundred pounds of sugar and get these gals fed. I checked the feeders tonight and found them empty. Was suprized since I filled them last week - they hold 3 gallons each.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic