This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cab Doors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cab Doors
    Posted: 09 May 2021 at 3:00pm
There's a post on another  site about a guy that had his cab door get caught by a gust of wind and shattered all of the glass in it (Versatile). Local dealer didn't have one; would be a week to get, a local independent (I assume glass shop ) could get the part in less time but a dealer 700 miles away (1 way) had it in stock so on the road the farmer went. My question is, do these new tractors not function without a door ? The guy said he's in the middle of planting and couldn't be down for multiple days which I understand, but certainly the tractor won't go into "limp mode" with broken glass Confused Embarrassed .
Sponsored Links

kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 3:29pm
Tractor won’t go in limp mode. But this new age farmers will go right in limp mode if cab glass is missing. 🤷‍♂️😂😂
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 5:05pm
He is one of those spoiled "wimp" guys who would have never made it 50 yrs. ago.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 5:15pm
And some of those new cab doors cost more for the door, than some of us paid for tractors we use.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 9:04pm
50 years ago you pulled a 10 ft disc about 3 MPh. Today that 4WD  PULLS a 30 or 40 ft field cultivator at 6-7-8 MPH. Can you amagin how much dust that makes? Plus that dust will ruin the foam in a cab.                MACK
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by MACK MACK wrote:

50 years ago you pulled a 10 ft disc about 3 MPh. Today that 4WD  PULLS a 30 or 40 ft field cultivator at 6-7-8 MPH. Can you amagin how much dust that makes? Plus that dust will ruin the foam in a cab.                MACK
that’s the same opinion I had about it. With the price of the tractor and the amount of electronics in the cab with the hvac system I wouldn’t run it in dusty conditions without a door.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 5:45am
Think about the value of the electronics in modern cabs today. Right now I got over $12,000 worth of add on electronics in the cab of my 8030. Some guys are running more than that of just guidance plus different monitors. My guess is most of its fairly resilient but I’d hate to find out it isn’t.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:55am
Cab doors???
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:15pm
IMO, these "multi thousand $$" displays/monitors should be more than capable of handling an agricultural environment, dust or no dust Embarrassed ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic