Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boycott the NFL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boycott the NFL
    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 7:51am
Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 8:06am
x2
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 8:35am
For some reason, I don't recall hearing anything about BLM and Bubba Watson out of NASCAR lately. Like gone silent. I'm thinking they heard the message loud and clear.

NFL will take longer, but will get there. NBA is dead and gone.

Light of day is starting to shine on origin and leadership of BLM. Turns out it's a handful of wealthy, white millennial women. A whole race of people are about to figure out they been had.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 8:40am
BTW, we had TV on for local news prior to Chiefs game and they had a 2 hour infomercial going on for BLM instead. It was way over the top stupid. Would like to have asked any of those players for the names of the last 5 dead black guys shot in KC and who shot em.

Ironically.......it was two teams of mostly black millionaires.......Mahomes signed a contract worth $500 million.......complaining about the treatment they get in society?
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 8:47am
No, Nascar did not see the light.  They just stayed quiet after the Bubba Watson hoax was debunked.  They are at it again.  they just suspended Michael Wallace for a tweet that basically said - think before you open your mouth.

His tweet stated:
“You know as I fly across the United States today I’m ready various people’s political views and I have to say a famous four star Military General that I spent time with in the MidEast told me Mike let me give you some advice don’t ever get in a conversation about politics or religion unless you are really smart. I said why do you say that comment His response it’s like being balanced on a single edge razor blade if you slip you will get cut!
Think about that before we all make foolish uneducated post! Moral of this story is most of use just repeat what we have heard we really don’t know.
Have a great positive day!”

Basically, all he said was think before you open your mouth.  As far as I am concerned, Nascar is as dead as the NFL, the NBA, MLB, and any other pro "sport".
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 8:57am
I think we should boycott all sports.
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 9:05am
IM IN... NEVER AGAIN !  Clap
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Trawler II View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trawler II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 9:07am
[QUOTE=Grayray] No, Nascar did not see the light.  They just stayed quiet after the Bubba Watson hoax was debunked.  They are at it again.  they just suspended Michael Wallace for a tweet that basically said - think before you open your mouth.

His tweet stated:
<div dir="auto" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">“You know as I fly across the United States today I’m ready various people’s political views and I have to say a famous four star Military General that I spent time with in the MidEast told me Mike let me give you some advice don’t ever get in a conversation about politics or religion unless you are really smart. I said why do you say that comment His response it’s like being balanced on a single edge razor blade if you slip you will get cut!
<div dir="auto" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">
<div dir="auto" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Think about that before we all make foolish uneducated post! Moral of this story is most of use just repeat what we have heard we really don’t know.<div dir="auto" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Have a great positive day!”

Basically, all he said was think before you open your mouth.  As far as I am concerned, Nascar is as dead as the NFL, the NBA, MLB, and any other pro "sport".
[/

You need to check again, the tweet you have posted here is his response to being suspended. What he actually said to get suspended
only NASCAR knows.

What I stated above is incorrect, I apologize for the inaccuracy.

Edited by Trawler II - 12 Sep 2020 at 9:34am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 9:18am
Only NASCAR knows ???  So he told a Nascar OFFICIAL ???  Pretty LAME troller.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 9:29am
The FACTS are that POOR IGNORANT TUR'DS just cant handle the TRUTH.

modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 12:16pm
BTW, I wasn't watching during the opening, but replays showed KC fans loudly booing the BLM crapola that took place before the start of the game. Wasn't that many fans, but they didn't like it. Cheered for the football when they finally got around to that.

Message sent. Tone deaf may not have heard it......yet.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 6:14pm
X3, I haven't watched the prima donnas since the strike season, no THERE was some good football!
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 7:17am
NFL = Not For Long ???
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:17am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

NFL = Not For Long ???
Thats pretty good.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 8:35am
Good one Jaybird!!   LOL!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 6:53pm
Audience Boos As Football Game Breaks Out At Political Rally
September 14th, 2020

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Attendees at a political rally were all set for a somber time reflecting on the ills of society, but at the start of the rally, a number of the speakers, instead of lecturing the audience, began to throw around a pigskin in an entertaining game of football. The boos were deafening.

“I come to these to be lectured and talked down to,” said Jeremy Hopkins, one of the attendees. “I don’t want to be entertained. Who thought this was a good idea?”

The speakers were unapologetic. Evan Perkins, who was there to talk about racism and inequality, said, “I know people come to these to hear about what’s wrong with the world, but maybe they need to lighten up a bit. They should have a little fun; there’s always plenty of other time to complain.”

After the football game, the speakers did make their speeches, but many attendees had left in protest. Perkins was said to have given a pretty good speech, though he was suffering from a minor concussion.Wink

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:41pm
It's hard to boycott when I never watched it anyways.
I liked that video. Wish more of the public could see it.
I never served but I respect those that have.
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 7:03am
Breitbart

NBC’s Sunday Night Football Ratings Crash Nearly 30% for Woke Opening Weekend
RamsGetty Images/Harry How
DYLAN GWINN14 Sep 202011,685
3:21
The Sunday Night Football clash between the Rams and the Cowboys was supposed to halt the ratings crash the NFL has experienced so far in the 2020 season.

Spoiler alert, it most certainly did not halt the ratings crash.

According to DEADLINE Hollywood, ratings for NBC’s only weekly NFL game, were down a shocking 28%.

Putting on the two teams with big national followings, SNF snared a 4.7 in early ratings among adults 18-49 and 14.81 million viewers last night.

In numbers certain to change, that’s a fall of 28% in the ratings and a hard decline of 23% in sets of eyeballs from what the September 8, 2019 official start of SNF snagged in the early numbers of its opening game of last season. While the early Nielsen data lacks West Coast numbers, which is kind of important when you have a team from the mega-market of LA playing, this result is going to be hard pill for the NFL and NBC to swallow.

These results are disastrous for the NFL. Not just because the numbers themselves are bad, but because of the teams that played on Sunday Night Football. The Dallas Cowboys have possible the largest national fan following in the country, and the Los Angeles Rams play in the second largest media market in the country. In addition, both teams have star talent and are very competitive with playoff aspirations for this season. By all measures, the game should have performed extremely well in the ratings.

DEADLINE continues:

To add some further context, the 33-3 pummeling of the Pittsburgh Steelers by then reigning Super Bowl champs the New England Patriots last year went on to pull in an audience of 22.2 million on NBC, which was pretty much even with SNF’s 2018 season premiere. That 2019 figure inched up to 22.7 million when digital platform viewing was added in.

Also, at this point, last night’s SNF is down nearly 10% in the key demo from the early results of the the Kansas City Chiefs near blowout season opener win over the Houston Texans on September 10 this year. That primetime game at Arrowhead Stadium did have a scattering of fans (just over 17,000 in a venue built for more than 76,000) and a strong and blunt social justice and anti-racism message from the league and players – which was booed by said fans. In what may be indicative of where the NFL is already drifting, last night’s SNF was much more subdued in its stance over such issues and saw only a few players take a knee during the national anthem.

Every NFL game saw a protest of some sort, during the anthem and/or pregame ceremonies. The league’s social justice movement is no doubt responsible for the plummeting numbers which had largely leveled off and actually begun to show improvement last season. It’s also important to note that NBC didn’t even show the full display of social justice demonstrations from the Rams and Cowboys. ESPN, who is slated to televise two Monday Night Football games this evening, has said they will show social justice demonstrations. Meaning, the numbers for those games could potentially be even worse for ESPN.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:35am
Boycott is working, apparently...Wink

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm
Why do you continue to bring up this subject?  You've been complaining about this for years, ever since the first time it happened.  Fine, if you are going to boycott, then go ahead and boycott, but you don't need to keep bring up your whining on here!  And if you feel so strongly about your boycott why were you watching a game? 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 1:30pm
better get your kotex out jonnie... or rather put it in...
  well do something and stop your bleeding heart...
take some midol that might help with them cramps yur having...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by jiffyjohn(MI) jiffyjohn(MI) wrote:

Why do you continue to bring up this subject?  You've been complaining about this for years, ever since the first time it happened.  Fine, if you are going to boycott, then go ahead and boycott, but you don't need to keep bring up your whining on here!  And if you feel so strongly about your boycott why were you watching a game? 

I haven't watched nfl in years, its not whining, its in the news, everyday!  YOU are the one who whines, every day, orange president bad, jiffyfohn!Wink
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 7:15pm
Since jiffyjohn likes this thread so much, here's another, from the narrow, narrow world of sports...Wink

NBA Players Wear Special Lace Collars To Honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg
September 22nd, 2020

LOS ANGELES, CA—NBA players are honoring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg this week by wearing pretty lace collars just like Notorious RBG used to wear. In a touching show of respect for the late Justice Ginsburg, and in solidarity with her progressive cause, Lebron James and the LA Lakers took to the court yesterday wearing a stunning variety of delicate white collars inspired by RBG's wardrobe.

According to several commentators on ESPN, the virtual teleconference crowd fell silent in reverent awe as the players all knelt down and chanted "RBG! RBG! RBG!" 

"Yeah, RBG was an amazing person," said LeBron James after the game. "I have her biography right here and I totally read it right before the game. She was a judge. That's cool, I respect that. Judges judge things and not everyone can do that. She believed in Black Lives Matter and being on the right side of history and stuff."

Power forward Anthony Davis also expressed his happiness with the collars. "It's good to honor her today with these lacey things. Commissioner Adam Silver and President Xi Jinping told us to wear them so we did. I just took this little doily thing from under a table lamp at my mom's house and cut a hole in the middle. Easy." 

NBA players are vowing to wear the collars until Trump is removed from office, or until angry rioters burn their basketball arenas down, whichever comes first. WinkWink

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:08pm
POOR JOHNIE JUGS... Does this really PISS YOU OFF ?........ I hope so !! Clap
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 6:16am
Another one, just fer jiffyjohn!LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic