Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Friday.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Friday.
    Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:05pm
OK man up here.  Who is going out Black Friday shopping?

I am, going to be a to be at home Depot at 6 am!
Sponsored Links

JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:29pm
I just might go to the Liquor Store. THATS IT!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:37pm
THAT might be a good idea as well!!! LOL
Leon n/c AR. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon n/c AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:40pm
NO WAY with all the women going crazy chasing bargains at the mall in Little Rock. Leon
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:46pm
I heard that 50% of stuff bought will be online.... also 50% of shopping murders are at Walmart....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 3:32pm
Going to the AR Mo footballll game for Black Friday. I figured they call it Black Friday since it’ll be the last for Bret Bielema as coach of the Hogs. Lol
WPS Go Hogs
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 4:31pm
Ain't NO WAY I am going out shopping tomorrow before noon and I won't go later in the day either unless it is an emergency. They have already let the idiots loose around here according to the news. I will work around the house or watch some college football. My bride has finished all of her (our) Christmas shopping and except for my Christmas cooking and one present for my daughter I am done.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Going to the AR Mo footballll game for Black Friday. I figured they call it Black Friday since it’ll be the last for Bret Bielema as coach of the Hogs. Lol
WPS Go Hogs

Woo Pig, Soooieee? Don't you mean Go Dawgs? LOL. Wish the Hogs luck tomorrow. Your new bride sure is treating you well. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:43pm
Judging by the traffic jams I saw yesterday, I aint goin nowheres...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 23 Nov 2017 at 6:44pm
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 7:07pm
Nope,  no way,   I went once to buy a big screen TV.  Spent 3 hours getting into Walmarts,  back to the TVs,  back up to check out and the cash register person said "oh you have the wrong one."   I spent another hour getting back out to my car without a TV.  Never, ever, ever!
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 2:11am
i'm staying home....if the old lady...oooops....I mean the loing wife wants to go anywhere....she's on her own!
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:13am
Been LOOKING ON LINE FOR A HOT DEAL FOR A MILWAUKEE M18 2763-22 battery powered IMPACT wrench with charger and 2 red ion lithium 5.0 amp batteries... anyone seen the set with case for less than 300 bucks? 
  Helping pour cement today.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:56am
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:23am
No way am I getting out there.

Gonna buy an instant pot steam cooker on line though.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:28am
I went and back from shopping.  Got me free donuts, got a few things and done!  Little to no crowd out this morning, store was about a ghost town, and no traffic!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:32am
NO WAY!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:16am
We bought the granddaughter a battery powered silverado on Tuesday at Bass Pro.  The wife went back Wed and got $85 price adjustment on it for their Black Friday price.  Bass Pro started their sales on Wed, so I decided to call it Black Fri-week.  And thast is the extent of our shopping!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

NO WAY!!
Between 6am when they opened, and 630 am when I left, there was more employs than customers.
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:09am
Dave , what store were you at? Don't buy stock in that one.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:23am
Originally posted by GARY(OH/IN) GARY(OH/IN) wrote:

Dave , what store were you at? Don't buy stock in that one.
I was in Cranberry Twp. PA.  Normal weekday they are very busy with Contractors!

mtanut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:54am
A few years ago I went to a walmart blitz sale because the war dept was working.
Well I got in there it was quiet, people everywhere and stuff was covered in paper. So me wondering around I found a pile and stood there. All of a sudden the loudspeakers comes to life, welcome to walmart let the blitz sale begin.  Holy chit total pandemonium, there was people yelling and running, there was a sale on skillets and there was these two women there, one with a cart and the other one chucking skillets like cord wood in the cart, then there was a sale on babrbie dolls and tonka pickups. Well I got one of each, going through the store, got a sewing machine for my mom and was heading for the check out. Well they were out of tonkas and barbies and this woman saw my cart and said they are out and I need those, I looked at her and said don't even f*****g  think it, and get your hands away from my cart. I covered my stuff from view and got checked out.
Next year I went again for one thing for the kids, I got it got home and I told her no sale was worth that. Never again, thank god for amazon, comes right to the farm.
I have a 185 Allis, 6060 Allis, Model K gleaner, SMTA ferg 35, ferg 20 (paps first tractor, Allis B (wife's)John Deere 240 skid loader and a bunch of the usual farm stuff.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:06am
  Last year the Wife "Thought" we needed a 40" tv for the back bedroom that Walmart had for $100 so I thought I'd give it a try,,,,,,Like Weiner,,I waited for an hour and was 5th in line when the bell sounded and UTTER FRIGGIN Pandamonium,,the Fat woman 3rd in line got 6 of the dang TVs and there was no more when it my turn,,!! I hunted down the Mgr and loudly complained about term limits we got into a pretty good disagreement,,,and left,,,,,with NO TV,,,,won't ever do that again,,,,,,I may be slow,,but I ain't dumb,,,LOLLOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:04pm
I went out with the old lady....oooops....I mean the loving wife, but did the driving and stayed in the burb while she went into stores, I sat outside and watched stupid people then read my Farm Show magazine. I also gots free donuts too! didn't leave til bouts 0800 tho. the burb is loaded with bags of grain, prices marked down to what elevator charges and are in bags and not bulk. picked up sum mineral blocks a lot cheaper. I might go back into town later after my nap and look at new gas grills.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:41pm
Stopped at the gas station and fueled up the van on the way home from work closest I've got to Black Friday for a few years. Last time I went my wife and I met her best friend shed been shopping for several hours when we met for breakfast. After an hour in the mall trying to avoid the stampede gong from store to store I bought nothing they could have been giving stuff away and I wouldn't stick around for that madness. My wife left with me she said never again would she be caught in town on Black Friday. Any holiday weekend here is bad enough the town surges to double size with Canadian shoppers. Black Friday we also get the surge from all the surrounding small communities in a hundered miles that don't have any shopping centers.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:30pm
I went to the local tire shop and got new BLACK tires on my truck this morning and then went for lunch with a good bunch of buddies.  So much for my Black Friday! It was a great day!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:35pm

WPS Go Hogs

Hey Guys,,,,how many,,,,,,how many of ya'll seen ole Thad and his new Honey sittin in the stands of the Hogs/ Mizzou game,,,????   I seen him,,,!!!  I seen him still sportin thet big ole Goatee,,,,,,,,I know ole Thad is some heartbroken with the final score when thet 16 year ole kid kicked thet field goal,,,,,,,,,HMMmmm better stop here,,,cause ole Thad may still be upset,,,,,Wink
 It's OK,,Thad,,,all the announcers talked bout was how "precarious" the fat coach's job was if he lost this game,,,so you might get your wish,,,ClapClap
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:37pm
The report from my wife who did not do the black Friday thing ,was grocery store was empty. Checkers where standing with no customers.

She did her duty and when and saw her mother,that has forgot she was there. And needed several things and grocery store lot was empty. Say best grocery shopping in years.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:24pm
Dave, I didn't venture out, but it does surprise me that it was not busy in Cranberry, that place is riff with yuppies. Most of what I may need is in Robinson, HD, Lowes, and Harbor freight. I sneak in and out the back way. I tag along with my wife once a year for Christmas to the mega grocery store at Settlers Ridge, but that wont be a another week or two. Bride and daughter(s) like to get down to the strip in town at Christmas but I never go, I'm up there enough the way it is
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

WPS Go Hogs

Hey Guys,,,,how many,,,,,,how many of ya'll seen ole Thad and his new Honey sittin in the stands of the Hogs/ Mizzou game,,,????   I seen him,,,!!!  I seen him still sportin thet big ole Goatee,,,,,,,,I know ole Thad is some heartbroken with the final score when thet 16 year ole kid kicked thet field goal,,,,,,,,,HMMmmm better stop here,,,cause ole Thad may still be upset,,,,,Wink
 It's OK,,Thad,,,all the announcers talked bout was how "precarious" the fat coach's job was if he lost this game,,,so you might get your wish,,,ClapClap

Oh I got my wish. They fired him before he walked off the field. I’m feeling a bit bad for wishing him fired
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
I went to Tractor Supply about 10 am, they had 303 oil in 5 gallon buckets for $18.88 so I bought 6.  Bought the last battery powered Gator kids rider for my renters 5 year old daughter, on sale for $349. 100 off.  I'm paying $100, mom is paying the rest.  Good thing about getting the last one is that it was assembled!  A couple weeks ago the 5 year old told me, John I want a pony or a horse or a battery powered 4 wheeler!  The guy helping me work on a project said, she knows you pretty well I guess.  I told him, "Ain't no way she's getting a horse or pony, we'll see what mom and dad say about the 4 wheeler."  Saw the ad for the Gator and mom and dad said OK.  She wants to keep up with her 10 year old big sister with her 90cc 4 wheeler.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic