Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Before I start lookin elsewhere,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Before I start lookin elsewhere,,,,
    Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:32am

Hey Guys,,,I finally got sick of the "road noise" comin from them big ole tires on the 2000 4X4 F150,,,( I know,,I know,,ShamelessWink) but,,,,but,,,since it was give to me by my Son,,I'll keep it,!! Anyways,,,I dug up the factory wheels it came with plus 4 tires he had taken off his company trk that only had 30,000 miles but lots of miles left on em. Jon had bought some nice M/T 15's but like I said,,them big azzed tires will drive an old man batt chit,,,!!! I 'm liking the nice smooth and QUIET ride with them tires.  I fount the caps but only 6 of the lug nuts, but threads are really bad on the lug nuts.  The lug nuts are steel and have a notch on em so you can snap the caps onto the lug nuts.
 I would post some pics of lug nuts but I have NOT yet figured out why I cannot get my smart phone to transfer pics to the desktop as the charging port will only allow data to go "IN" but not "out" GRrrrrrr!!!
Phone is a Motorola MOTO G4 Play,,,in case somebody else has their's figured out,,,, Clap
 I have tried numerous videos on YouTube but no luck yet,,,
 CHIT,,,,,got off my main point,,,,,Does anybody gots 20 of the lug nuts they wanna sell,,,??? 
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:55am
weld the wheels on
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:22am
I had to get different lug nuts when I went to steel wheels on the car.  Discount Tire had them for $1 each.  I didn't think that was too bad!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm
Shameless  you are always so helpful 
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Guys,,,I finally got sick of the "road noise" comin from them big ole tires on the 2000 4X4 F150,,,( I know,,I know,,ShamelessWink) but,,,,but,,,since it was give to me by my Son,,I'll keep it,!! Anyways,,,I dug up the factory wheels it came with plus 4 tires he had taken off his company trk that only had 30,000 miles but lots of miles left on em. Jon had bought some nice M/T 15's but like I said,,them big azzed tires will drive an old man batt chit,,,!!! I 'm liking the nice smooth and QUIET ride with them tires.  I fount the caps but only 6 of the lug nuts, but threads are really bad on the lug nuts.  The lug nuts are steel and have a notch on em so you can snap the caps onto the lug nuts.
 I would post some pics of lug nuts but I have NOT yet figured out why I cannot get my smart phone to transfer pics to the desktop as the charging port will only allow data to go "IN" but not "out" GRrrrrrr!!!
Phone is a Motorola MOTO G4 Play,,,in case somebody else has their's figured out,,,, Clap
 I have tried numerous videos on YouTube but no luck yet,,,
 CHIT,,,,,got off my main point,,,,,Does anybody gots 20 of the lug nuts they wanna sell,,,??? 

Send them in a text message to your email. That's how I do it.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:29pm
DJ I believe those are a common ferd lug nut. We got a lot of them at NAPA and ORIELLYS.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 2:57am
when I went away from them big 36 inch tires on 16.5 mag rims and bought the factory wheels for my big boy pickup, I had to get all new lug nuts too. at $6. each times 8 or each wheel! PffffT! went back to the 16 inch wheels and tires as the 16.5's were non existant anymore in the size I needed. and wayne....a buddy of ours bought a customized ferd pickup once, it was really purdy for a ferd...then he had a flat one day, took the caps off and found the previous owner had welded the nuts on, prolly so he/she wouldn't hafta buy new nuts.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 8:12pm

Hey Trucker Farmer,,,,I do have the pics I want to post on my phone as my Son sent me a text with the pic,,,What to do to post it on here??
 Hey Trucker,,,I just looked and the pic is also in my pic files in Win Explorer,,,Hoew to move it into the files here to post.?? It will not allow me to copy and paste,,,????

Edited by desertjoe - 22 Oct 2017 at 8:28pm
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 8:40pm
Gotta use post reply, not quick reply. Look for the picture of the tree with the arrow on it. Click on that then choose the picture from the file it is in.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Wayne180d Wayne180d wrote:

Shameless  you are always so helpful 

Yeah,,Wayne,,,thas what I likes so much bout thet guy,,,,he always so dang helpful what with his vast knowledge of comebacks,,,,,,,,LOL

Well,,,TruckerFarmer,,I finally got the dang pic to post but I been tryin so many things,,,,can't remember what I done,,,ain't that a beech,,,??? System would not let me copy and paste and neither would it let me drag and drop,,,and couldn't think on how to get the pic into my Member Control Panel files,,,chit,,,chit,,,but I got it posted on that other thread,,,,,,Clap Hope's ya'll like it,,,,Clap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 5:04am

Hey Tom,,the lug nuts that go on this trk are steel and have a "groove" in them towards the btm, AND,,the bottoms have to be flat to to fit on the wheels to stabilize wheel. The groove is what the caps snaps onto to hold the cap. I'm gonna try checking the tire shops and maybe they got some from others changing away from the stock wheels,,,???
 I see some on Ebay,,,but they is EXpensive,,,,,,but I ain't gonna do like ole Shameless and weld em either,,,,,LOLLOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 6:47am

Well,,,wouldn't you know it,,,???? I was checkin out on google for them lug nuts as the ones on Ebay was sorta expensive,,,even for ole Shameless,,,,,LOL,,,anyways I got a hit on some at,,,,,,,are you ready,,,???,,,,,,Autozone has em for ,,,,,$1.99 each,,,!!!!
 I'll just be go to haides,,,I been lookin and lookin and botherin all youse guys and here they had em right next door,,,fixin to go get some soon as they open this AM,,,,,Clap
 Thanks for all the help,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 11:41am
I think you know what I was gonna say!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I think you know what I was gonna say!

Yeah,,Good Buddy,,,,,but you see,,,,the one's on Ebay was 4.99 each X 20 of them is $99.80,,,,and,,,,and,,,,for just a little shoppin around I got these at Autozone for $1.99 each,,,that meanin I "SAVED" $60 buckaroos,,,,CHIT,,,Shameless !!!  thas a whole lot of Black Label we can sip on when I go up before the first snow flies,,,,,,,
 UMMmmm,,,did I really say thet,,,???Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:31am
cough,choke,wheez,SPIT...what kinda beer? PffffT! oh...and watch out for the tow away zone in my driveway!
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:13pm
Joe which lug nut are you using, coined or metric? Even though they're close ,no cigar. I forget what year was the change but I think you have metric which are the ones with the washer. Bolt pattern on the metric is about 1/8"bigger also. I agree with you. I hate those great big old tires and the noise they make.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic