This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC All Crop Combines 3-4 located

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC All Crop Combines 3-4 located
    Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 11:43am

While I was out yesterday buying a few 'Clipper' Fanning Mill seed cleaners from a guy clearing out a farm, I spied three shed-kept All Crop Combines that appeared in reasonable restoration condition plus a rough fourth in the woods that they want to sell. The owner really wants to save the equipment if someone can use them rather than scrap it all in the big estate cleanup. He's not a farmer and only remembers being at the farm as a kid in the 1970s. 

They are located in Millington MI (North of Flint and Lapeer). If interested, send me a message or comment here in this thread and I can give you the seller's phone number. While I have an orange tractor, and an All Crop would be a fun adventure,  I'm not situated currently to rescue any right now -- so just passing along to save some iron.

Picture of the one closest to the shed door, if the upload process worked:

Edited by jvin248 - 02 Jun 2022 at 11:46am
Sponsored Links

Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 7:37pm
What models of All Crop Harvesters does this gentleman have? There was a #40, #60, #66, #72, and a #90. There were also 2 self propelled models, #100 & #101,
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 9:21am

I didn't dig for the model #s. And I hadn't researched them to figure out where the external stick on model number logo may have been placed -- didn't know they were there until I was on-site.

All of them are 'pull behind a PTO tractor' styles.

I didn't have a huge amount of time to pour over them other than the curiosity of seeing such a gathering. Seller didn't have any quick info on them but if some easy to verify feature could be identified then I could bounce him a text.

What were the major features of the #40, #60, #66, #72, and #90 that are visible to the casual observer? Cutter bar width? Different bin sizes? Unloading elevator details?

Edited by jvin248 - 03 Jun 2022 at 9:24am
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 2:18pm
I see your post on the All Crop combines. If this guy can't find a buyer or buyers and decides to swap the machines I'd really like to know if he would consider selling parts from them. Specifically I am looking for a real good set of used cylinder bars for my own machine. If this would work please post a reply here or I can forward you an email or phone number. Thanks.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 2:59pm
I’ve never seen a set of good used cylinder bars. If I was going to use the combine and needed good rubber bars, I’d buy new.
walnut1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walnut1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 7:21pm
all crop 90 listed on Lewiston Idaho craigslist (7/6/22) for $500.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 1:29pm
Creston you are right for the most part. I have seen many of these machines and almost none of them had useable cylinder bars. But this past March I found a guy near where I live who was willing to part out 2 combines a 66 and a 72. His situation was very similar to the fellow in Michigan. I stripped out a number if parts including a straw chopper, but the real find was a set of 4 almost brand new cylinder bars. Why only 4 ? Because that was all that the owner installed. That's why I am looking for only 4 myself. Who knows if lightning may strike twice? Its worth asking I think. The only question on this is balancing the bar after installation. Any thoughts?
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 1:50pm
As long as they are alternating around the cylinder, it should balance. You can use washers bolted under the nuts that hold the bars down to make fine adjustments. You should be able to spin it with the drive belt off and it stop in a different spot every time without rocking. What crop(s) are you going to be threshing?
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 2:04pm
Hi Creston. For practical reasons the main crop would be wheat or oats. I have soybeans planted this year but our soil is a bit rocky and with these combine parts getting hard to find the risks of damage is high and parts availability is low. Anyway I hope our friend in Michigan can help to find out if there may be some useable bars there as I am only about 1 1/2 hours away. Thanks for the advice on the cylinder balancing. From what I've been told, even when these machines were in common use most dealers did not have a dynamic cylinder balancer and most machine owners would just buy a new set and bolt them in.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 7:50am
I would think it'd be difficult to mix 2 sets of bars together. They would have different amounts of wears and only one set would really be working until they wore down evenly. It might work for playing, but guys wouldn't do it for serious work.
N186364 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N186364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:45pm
I am interested in what Allis Dave had to say about mixing bars with uneven wear being a bad choice. He suggests that only the 4 best bars will be doing all or most of the work and results would be disappointing. It seems a shame to not be able to use the 4 good bars I already have but I can see his point. Has anyone out there ever tried this approach? Any comments are greatly appreciated because I want to do it right the first time and the experience of people on this forum is a great help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic